F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surveys, surveys, and ...more surveys

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Surveys, surveys, and ...more surveys

It seems as though since I bought my F-type back in February, I have been the subject of a vast number of surveys regarding the car. I believe a couple of them came from JLR. I got one from J. D. Power. But there have also been at least half a dozen more from "independent" survey organizations I never heard of.

These all seem to be really long things and in general they ask questions which I think are reasonable. They ask about things like car buying habits. They ask if I am pleased with the car's performance and such. They seem to ask a lot about whether I find the climate controls and other features convenient to use. And of course there are always the usual demographic questions, which I consider intrusive and irrelevant but which I answer anyway.

All in all, though, I have mixed feelings about these things. Part of me is flattered than any one should even be interested in the opinion of little old me. But part of me is wary, considering all the articles I read about evildoers just waiting to steal my identity and such, and I wonder if I should be quite so forthcoming with all this information.

What is the consensus around here? Do you all do surveys of not?

Old 06-18-2015, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

If it's from a company I have done business with, I generally complete the survey. If it's something I signed up for, I do the survey. If it's from some unknown company that just happened to find out I bought something that they want to do a survey on.... TRASH CAN...

Old 06-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Threw them all away and deleted the emailed ones and I guess they finally gave up...

Old 06-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

I completed the JLR and JD Power surveys, as I feel they might have an impact on the product itself in future generations.

All others I assume are for advertising purposes, and quickly meet with the bottom of the trash can.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 606 Likes on 410 Posts

Interesting. I haven't received ANY surveys - except a phone call follow-up from my local dealer after service. JLR and JD Power would be welcome and get a response. I figure anyone else is putting together a marketing campaign and/or selling your name & info.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

the surveys do have an impact on the dealerships....not sure which ones exactly....but depending on their score they get money.

I fill them out, especially if the dealership was awesome. Why not, they deserve it. I also fill it out if the dealership was crappy...let them know and let them suffer. Some people use the survey as a bargaining chip, give me XYZ and ill leave positive feedback

Old 06-27-2015, 09:30 PM
rbr
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Many surveys here too. Some car related and others reminiscent of the MMPI. Wonder what my targeted advertising will look like in a month.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict
the surveys do have an impact on the dealerships....not sure which ones exactly....but depending on their score they get money.

I fill them out, especially if the dealership was awesome. Why not, they deserve it. I also fill it out if the dealership was crappy...let them know and let them suffer. Some people use the survey as a bargaining chip, give me XYZ and ill leave positive feedback
The dealers do not get money for the surveys. They are a tool that Jaguar uses to monitor their performance. If you are not getting a survey 5 days after each service visit your email is either incorrect or was deleted by the dealer. This is done so that only happy customers will be surveyed. If you ever sent in a bad survey you will probably not get another one.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:02 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I usually ignore surveys, but I was waiting for one after my recent poor service visit at my dealer. Never received one.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
I usually ignore surveys, but I was waiting for one after my recent poor service visit at my dealer. Never received one.
That is a common practice for it to be deleted, they are more interested in a good number. It is easy to check if you look at your invoice just below the box with your name should be the email address.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I got another survey today, I think this makes about seven, I wasn't even keeping count when this first started. But in the small print was a perhaps obvious but significant item: it was stated that this survey was limited to F-type owners. Now this all starts to make more sense. It's a new model, and of course they want to sell as many as possible. So they want as much feedback as possible on what features people like or dislike about the car. And they are also interested in demographics: what type of person buys an F-type?

I am almost getting to like telling these guys how suave and sophisticated I really am, I will go do that right now, LOL.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't gotten any except the first (dealer survey) yet. Overall very positive. I suspect a lot of folks will get the JD power one. Since it's a relatively new model and the volume is Lee than a lot of cars, a higher percentage of owners will probably get the survey so they have at least a certain number of them.