F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SVR Rear Wing How to make it stay up all the time

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 08:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile SVR Rear Wing How to make it stay up all the time

Hi, first time to use the forum. Many thanks for all the helpful tips, especially the one on disabling the stop Start function!

Does anybody knows how to make the rear wing stay up all the time. I prefer the look of the wing up than down. I know it raises at 70 mph automatically and you can also raise it when the engine is off by pressing the starter button and then the wing button (good when washing the car).

Old 05-29-2018, 09:26 PM
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

would raising it up and manually disconnecting the power work?

Old 05-29-2018, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by Holy F type
would raising it up and manually disconnecting the power work?
Yep, that might work.
Wilgur, have a read through this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...+rear+spoiler+
I don't know if the SVR spoiler works the same as the "normal" spoiler, but if it does then simply raising the spoiler then removing the cover (11 Torx Security TS27 screws) then disconnecting the white/grey electrical plug underneath then re-fitting the cover should do the trick.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:25 PM
Received 253 Likes on 171 Posts

Put in cleaning mode. Disconnect wiring harness

Old 05-30-2018, 03:59 AM
Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts

Is removing the SVR carbon wing a big job?
I am considering removing it for my next attendance at the drag strip to see if it actually makes any difference.

Putting it in the lower position seemed to have no effect, but I suspect it really only comes into effect when trying to push to around 200mph, as I know it does not generate much downforce.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Is removing the SVR carbon wing a big job?
I am considering removing it for my next attendance at the drag strip to see if it actually makes any difference.

Putting it in the lower position seemed to have no effect, but I suspect it really only comes into effect when trying to push to around 200mph, as I know it does not generate much downforce.
Probably a fairly simple job to remove, see post #133 in the thread I linked to above, here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...7/#post1614196
I bet the four mounting bolts that hold the spoiler lid on for the "normal" spoiler instead hold the "feet" of the SVR wing, so just remove those bolts and the wing should come off.
Of course you will have four ugly holes in the lid left behind, maybe just plug them with suitably sized rubber grommets?

Edit - here is the parts diagram for the SVR wing, hard to tell if my idea will work or not: https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...t/spoiler-scat
It looks like the "feet" are integrated into the "spoiler lid" so will be left behind with holes in them.

Last edited by OzXFR; 05-30-2018 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:46 AM
Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Probably a fairly simple job to remove, see post #133 in the thread I linked to above, here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...7/#post1614196
I bet the four mounting bolts that hold the spoiler lid on for the "normal" spoiler instead hold the "feet" of the SVR wing, so just remove those bolts and the wing should come off.
Of course you will have four ugly holes in the lid left behind, maybe just plug them with suitably sized rubber grommets?

Edit - here is the parts diagram for the SVR wing, hard to tell if my idea will work or not: https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...t/spoiler-scat
It looks like the "feet" are integrated into the "spoiler lid" so will be left behind with holes in them.

Thank you, I see that thread goes into detail about removing wiring / motor possibly.

As my car is an SVR the spoiler is always up anyway, its lowering it that requires a button press and if you do lower it well it will always raise itself again at a certain speed unless the car is in vmax mode, otherwise the default is always up.

Shall probably pull it apart to see what is in there, but for drag strip testing I suspect like you say undoing the 4 torx under the SVR wing will then allow it to be lifted off and removed which will be enough for testing to see if the wing is causing any drag even at quarter mile speeds.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Now that you received some rational answers......Little blue pill might work, but side effects could be troublesome.

The following users liked this post:
ndabunka (05-31-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 08:43 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Not being funny you do know that the wing is active (not like the standard wings) the active factor may cause fault codes when the wing dose not respond to the speed.

essentilay it deploys slowley under acceleration (up to 70) to reduce drag. And then fully at 70.......after that it reduces again to reduce drag at somewhere in the mid 100’s

this enables the car to get to or near to the magic 200mph

so if you want a slower 0-60 time and a lower top speed go right ahead and fix it up.

whilst I have seen plenty of guys with wallets big enough to brag about the speed strangely never seen many with ***** big enough to prove it! 😂