F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SVR Verses R Lease Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:06 PM
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts
Default SVR Verses R Lease Question

My 2015 S is nine months away from the end of my 39 month lease. I took the car in today for some warranty work and of course a conversation with the sales staff ensued.

I was "advised" that the S has the best residual, far superior than that of the SVR or the R!? I must admit, the SVR definitely caught my eye. At the same time, I am aware that the SVR might be too much car for me as I seldom do any spirited driving.

This brings me to my question, without getting personal, if I was going for the SVR has anyone negotiated what they consider a "good" deal on a 2017 ?

Thanks in advance...

Old 08-01-2017, 12:37 AM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Santa Barbara offered zero down $1350/month plus drive off on their black svr. I think the msrp was 126k.
I think they can do better, I didn't negotiate as I wasn't ready to go for it and wasn't going to waste their time, but I'm pretty sure they could lower that by at least 150/month after some discussion. The guys name was Tony Clumeck ( could be misspelling that).
Of course, this was basically the least optioned svr possible.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:37 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Lower optioned/ lower models will generally always carry a better residual percentage.

Getting a good deal on a lease is really about buying at the right time. Typically Later in the model year is best as manufacturers start throwing money to move aging product off the floor via reductions in price and subsidies on the MF and residuals.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can look at autotrader and carguru for examples, but right now the asking price from a Jaguar dealership for a roughly 3 year old V8 F-Type is about 60% of new for convertibles and a bit less than 55% for coupes.

SVR's just have farther to fall once they become as there's already no real shortage of offers on 2017's where the asking price from the dealer is $10K-15K less than sticker. This should carry over somewhat towards leasing.