F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap my R for a California?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Swap......cars come and cars go.....but great stories live on forever and this is a great story. I haven't read all of the post after your missive but I say....Swap while the iron is still hot.

You know Jags and can always trade the 'F' car in......but 'the story'....priceless!!

03 str Quartz/Lt Gry (current)
57 XK140 DHC (past)
Various 'P' cars....past and present since '77'

Old 06-29-2016, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
I am debating replacing my XKR-S with a California but would never EVVAAA consider a '13 non-turbo California ...
+1

I would trade my F for boxes of Kellogg's cornflakes, as long a there were enough boxes left over after I sold enough to replace my F.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-30-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:58 PM

Let us all know it the swap happens!

Old 07-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Amusing thread! No right or wrong answer. If you looked at it as a business transaction, then the parameters will be as such,,,,,business, and as a whim and love/lust of cars like we all have, then which do you like better.

As for the thread....too good to be real, but then again money is money, and when you have a lot of it.....money isn't the issue, rather:

Love/Lust for cars
Don't forget the wife
Hatred of dealerships
Trade with no holds afterwards.

What else is there to decide (if this is real)!!!

Old 07-15-2016, 02:56 AM
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I am new here, in fact just bought my first Jag (other than the 2 I bought for my ex wife) yesterday, a 2017 F Type R coupe. I am known as Carnut on Ferrarichat (one of the long time members since 2003) and have owned 4 Ferrari's. The last being a 430 gearshift coupe (in my opinion the last Ferrari that ever interested me). Call me crazy but just in my brief test drive of the F type I prefer it over the Cali. I am also a member of the Corvette Forum (have a 2016 C7 Z51) 6 speedonline (have a supercharged 997S cab) Bimmerfest (have Dinan modified 650i coupe) and a 2016 Range Rover sport Supercharged Autobiography. I have a condition that one of the side effects is (not all Aspies are like that) I buy stuff, lots of stuff. My point is that the f type is one of the few cars that have been talked about favorably on every forum I am a member of. I have never been a fan of AWD cars (turned the first Gallardo into RWD in 04), and the F type does not feel like an AWD car which amazed me. In the area I live I am pretty well known for the crazy things I to cars I own. I realize this is my first post here and many people will likely say I must be either full of it or a troll (as they call them). I also write novels as a hobby (the first has a movie treatment) and if my honesty is in doubt you can look up Mr Breeze the novel. I apologize for the lengthy first post and I am not trying to sell my books (I donate all the money to charity anyway). I have just found over the years on these forums people tend to not believe things without proof and in my case (someone who has owned over 400 cars) it gets even harder. I look forward to being part of this community.

The following 6 users liked this post by carnut1:
Burt Gummer (07-15-2016), DJS (07-15-2016), Mbourne (07-15-2016), slojotaa (07-15-2016), Smoke Em (07-15-2016), Uncle Fishbits (07-15-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-15-2016, 04:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Carnut1 - I believe you are a LIAR Morrie!! j/k

Post up pics of the new F-Type please if you have a chance. I have owned about 80 cars but probably not many in your league! Many were the type that when they broke down I'd just leave them.

Welcome to the forum!

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (07-15-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 04:42 AM

Burt, where you one of my ex wives 4 divorce attorneys LOL, thanks for the welcome. I think the car is still up on Jaguar of the Main line's website. They marked it sold but I doubt they took it down, it is the only 2017 R coupe they had.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:34 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by carnut1
I am new here, in fact just bought my first Jag (other than the 2 I bought for my ex wife) yesterday, a 2017 F Type R coupe. I am known as Carnut on Ferrarichat (one of the long time members since 2003) and have owned 4 Ferrari's. The last being a 430 gearshift coupe (in my opinion the last Ferrari that ever interested me). Call me crazy but just in my brief test drive of the F type I prefer it over the Cali. I am also a member of the Corvette Forum (have a 2016 C7 Z51) 6 speedonline (have a supercharged 997S cab) Bimmerfest (have Dinan modified 650i coupe) and a 2016 Range Rover sport Supercharged Autobiography. I have a condition that one of the side effects is (not all Aspies are like that) I buy stuff, lots of stuff. My point is that the f type is one of the few cars that have been talked about favorably on every forum I am a member of. I have never been a fan of AWD cars (turned the first Gallardo into RWD in 04), and the F type does not feel like an AWD car which amazed me. In the area I live I am pretty well known for the crazy things I to cars I own. I realize this is my first post here and many people will likely say I must be either full of it or a troll (as they call them). I also write novels as a hobby (the first has a movie treatment) and if my honesty is in doubt you can look up Mr Breeze the novel. I apologize for the lengthy first post and I am not trying to sell my books (I donate all the money to charity anyway). I have just found over the years on these forums people tend to not believe things without proof and in my case (someone who has owned over 400 cars) it gets even harder. I look forward to being part of this community.
First of all welcome, and after 400 cars, you blow me away, and I can now prove my point to my wife of 38 years that my buying and selling isn't really "that bad" now :-)!. Seriously on your first post, welcome, and the things you do to cars is very interesting, creative, and fits one thing. Your desires to do them and accomplish an outcome that is your outcome.

As a city boy myself, we do what we think we want to, say what we think we need to, and act the way we think we should....., all under the spirit if it isn't hurting anyone or anything, so be it.

Look forward to more posts, and hearing the unique things you have done to your cars. I have a R 2016, and enjoy each and every mile of it, and watching it in the driveway when it is sitting still and cooling off. A master creation to say the least.

Enjoy!

Old 07-15-2016, 06:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Morrie. I recently left the Ferrari fold as well. I have read many of your posts on fchat over the years and are pretty familiar with your car addiction! I've owned Ferrari's for the past 15 years and decided to change it up. I am tclark on Ferrarichat from Mechanicsburg, PA. I went with the F Type S and really do love the car. I would imagine that you will be very happy with the R.
You are correct, the car does not feel like it is AWD.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

It is very interesting to read these opinions on Ferrari. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:23 AM

Back at you Carnut1......just an early morning note to let you know I enjoyed your post. As to fantasy or fiction? I for one don't care. A great story is a great story. It sounds like you have had a great stable, good for you! Thanks for the post. It was a pleasure to read.

03 STR quartz/lt gry current
57 xk 140 dhc past
assorted 'P' cars past and present

Old 07-15-2016, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

I am new here, in fact just bought my first Jag (other than the 2 I bought for my ex wife) yesterday, a 2017 F Type R coupe. I am known as Carnut on Ferrarichat (one of the long time members since 2003) and have owned 4 Ferrari's.
I've recently realized there are 3 types of ways that people extend trust:

You are trusted until you screw up, you have to earn my trust, or the default is just trust, because "why not". I am the latter, and although skeptical such that I am not naive, nor stupid.... I've no reason to not believe you. Extending trust is one thing. Accountability is something on the other person. What I am saying is that life is far too short for a bored troll to waltz in here and make up a back story like this. LOL

I absolutely loved reading your thoughts. Thanks. I've spent some time searching other forums for our car... I was going to compile comments from every Aston, Mas, BMW, supercar, etc forums, but I have a life and it got boring. From my anecdotal opinion and experience, you're right. People love this car....

but I just love that you are here and welcome to you. If you have photos of your cars I am sure we would love to see.... CHEERS!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:00 AM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

hi morrie...great to see you here! glad you went back to drive and buy the f-type!

folks morrie is well known to many of us...one of the really cool "car guys" you are likely to run across. pleased to see that you made the trip!

Peter

Old 07-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by tomclark
Hi Morrie. I recently left the Ferrari fold as well. I have read many of your posts on fchat over the years and are pretty familiar with your car addiction! I've owned Ferrari's for the past 15 years and decided to change it up. I am tclark on Ferrarichat from Mechanicsburg, PA. I went with the F Type S and really do love the car. I would imagine that you will be very happy with the R.
Carnut welcome and it's great to hear your story. My addiction is not nearly as strong as yours but my son would be a kindred spirit of yours with his growing obsession. Great to have you with us and hearing your insights on the FTYPE we all love.

Tomclark: Welcome to you as well and we are near neighbors so to speak. I'm in the southern York county area and there are many of us here in south central PA. You should join us all for Supercars on State Street as several forum members are linking up to go. We also occasionally try to get some of the PA contingent together.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:58 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Hi Morrie,

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forums. Over 400 cars is very impressive and I'm sure you have had some good ones and some bad ones. Welcome to forums and look forward to your added input on the forums.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm also a member of F Chat and Corvette Forum under the same handle - Tally Ho. I traded my F430 for my F Type R conv. No regrets.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:43 AM

Thanks to all of you for the very warm welcome. I will always consider myself lucky to have owned and driven some very amazing cars, and at 10:30 this morning the F Type will be part of that group. My girlfriend now wants a Convertible F Type, so it will not be long till I am back at the dealer again. She is on her way to a week with her sister daughters, daughters friends, nieces, and nephews to spend a week at the Jersey shore (23 people in three rooms not a good place for an Aspie on anyone in my opinion), and she has bet the car will altered before she gets back next weekend. I told her probably not that fast, but I will say one thing, this is the first time in a long time when I got in a car for a test drive I did not look at the radio (my autobiography has that 23 I think speaker system in it, my BMW has the B&O) or any other feature (not even sure what features this car has yes). I just drove and listened to the sound of the car and it was amazing.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tomclark
My dad was born in Mahanoy City PA, and grew up in Middleport, son of a coal miner. Great area, people and lot's of great old cars (and new for that matter) to work on. I love seeing great automobile throwbacks when we pass through this area. Just a fact when I saw your location.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:10 AM

Well here she is, decided that since my Brittney has her own car (she picked a 2016 Mini Cooper S hardtop 4 door we call the brit mobile) this car should be called Maggie. Maggie is only 13lbs be she is very loud and so is the F type. So meet Maggie everyone.

Burt Gummer (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 02:15 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice car. I used to live up that way. I lived in Reading but worked just outside of Paoli. I too enjoy your posts. Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: Swap my R for a California?