Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap my R for a California?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by carnut1
Well here she is, decided that since my Brittney has her own car (she picked a 2016 Mini Cooper S hardtop 4 door we call the brit mobile) this car should be called Maggie. Maggie is only 13lbs be she is very loud and so is the F type. So meet Maggie everyone.

Hello Maggie.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Well this was a short romance I am returning the car tomorrow. It is a nice car but does nothing better than my other cars and is not the sports car my 997 or C7 is nor is it the GT car my 650 is. It was a fun 24 hours but this is not the right car for someone with my unusual ways.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Well this was a short romance I am returning the car tomorrow. It is a nice car but does nothing better than my other cars and is not the sports car my 997 or C7 is nor is it the GT car my 650 is. It was a fun 24 hours but this is not the right car for someone with my unusual ways.
What happens when you return a car after 24 hours after you've bought it. Is there a "cooling-off" period in your state? Or were you still in the extended test drive? Poor "Maggie" - Can you even return a car that you've already named? Here in California they have wiped out the cooling off period.

Also curious as to how all the guys here who are so emotionally attached to their F's will now react to you now that both of your tastes are diametrically opposed. You made so many quick friends here, now an F isn't worthy of your stable. We wanted to love you so much Carnut.

An icy chill blows across the horizon.

Popcorn.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 07-17-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:58 PM

There is a 72hr time frame to cancel a sales contract in PA. I test drove the car in the rain with a salesmen (which I never do), so I was not able to truly get a feel for the car. Do not get me wrong it is a great car, but I have much better sports cars and better GT cars. I learned to drive a long time ago on a three on a tree, never use traction controls (my Porsche does not even have the system in it any longer), and need a car to have a certain feel. This one does not and no offence but I have more fun in my Abarth, so it has nothing to do with being worthy. It has to do with a guy with Aspergers whose girlfriend went away and he knew he would be bored so he needed to buy something. The same reason I am returning this car is the same reason I own 120 Watches 245 pairs of shoes and over 50 suits (I never wear suits t shirt and shorts to work in summer jeans and sweatshirt in winter). Think of rain man though more functional. I meant no offence but when you are like me you do stuff that no normal person could possibly understand, just like any human emotion is impossible for me to understand. You have my apologies, and I will say farewell.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

There is a 72hr time frame to cancel a sales contract in PA. I test drove the car in the rain with a salesmen (which I never do), so I was not able to truly get a feel for the car. Do not get me wrong it is a great car, but I have much better sports cars and better GT cars. I learned to drive a long time ago on a three on a tree, never use traction controls (my Porsche does not even have the system in it any longer), and need a car to have a certain feel. This one does not and no offence but I have more fun in my Abarth, so it has nothing to do with being worthy. It has to do with a guy with Aspergers whose girlfriend went away and he knew he would be bored so he needed to buy something. The same reason I am returning this car is the same reason I own 120 Watches 245 pairs of shoes and over 50 suits (I never wear suits t shirt and shorts to work in summer jeans and sweatshirt in winter). Think of rain man though more functional. I meant no offence but when you are like me you do stuff that no normal person could possibly understand, just like any human emotion is impossible for me to understand. You have my apologies, and I will say farewell.
Seems like you should have gone for the 15 rwd R (or European 17 rwd R) and driven it with traction control off or in track mode. That would have been a bit more challenging and (for some) more fun

Best of luck with your next purchase!

Old 07-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member

Hey bro, I meant no offense and I think I speak for everyone when I say you are more than welcome to hang out here even though you don't own an F. You are a car guy, just like all of us and no matter what car you feel is right for you, your experience is worth its weight. There are a few former F owners that still hang around and even continue contribute quite a bit.

I may need to get tested for Aspergers because I see traits in you that I possess. My watch count is at 10, and if it isn't a Swiss mechanical I have no use for it. Further, all are oversized, and all are steel. Basically just different variations of the same watch. I have pairs of Adidas leather and suede shell toes in every color imaginable for daily wear and Adidas Barricade tennis shoes in every imaginable color because I've convinced myself that these are the only shoes that will ever be made that I will like. My tennis shoe collection is at about 100 and its not like those that collect Jordan's for rarity and profit but these are shoes I covet and hoard to wear moving forward!

You aren't the only one with issues I assure you.

I truly enjoy reading your takes whether you like the F or not. Many could have taken them as you bragging about what you had and what you could afford, but as I continued to keep reading your postings, I soon realized that you're on an endless treadmill, looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. That is my problem exactly, just to a lesser extent than you.

This is a unique group, unlike any other forum I've been a member of. Don't let the heavy groupthink get to you and be yourself. I've really enjoyed reading your contributions here. By the way the "worthy" comment was a silly poke at the Forum, not you.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 07-17-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Carnut welcome and it's great to hear your story. My addiction is not nearly as strong as yours but my son would be a kindred spirit of yours with his growing obsession. Great to have you with us and hearing your insights on the FTYPE we all love.

Tomclark: Welcome to you as well and we are near neighbors so to speak. I'm in the southern York county area and there are many of us here in south central PA. You should join us all for Supercars on State Street as several forum members are linking up to go. We also occasionally try to get some of the PA contingent together.
Thanks Mbourne, PM sent.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

It's what makes the world go around. It takes all kinds. Some of us will own an F-Type for a day and others will go to their graves still owning one that was purchased new. You tell me who's more bent.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:55 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I vote stay. Your unique perspective on life and cars is welcome and appreciated here.

Who knows, you may hit for the cycle and buy another f-type by the end of the month.

Cheers,
Kitesurfer doooood

Old 07-20-2016, 01:29 AM

Well I am sticking around turns out I am getting another Ftype R (this time white/ red interior), turns out the terrible paint job (and I do not really like black cars wanted a white one all along) and the color turned me off. This one stickers for a bit over 114K and should be here by the weekend. The black one is still in my garage!

Old 07-20-2016, 01:38 AM
Veteran Member

Well I am sticking around turns out I am getting another Ftype R (this time white/ red interior), turns out the terrible paint job (and I do not really like black cars wanted a white one all along) and the color turned me off. This one stickers for a bit over 114K and should be here by the weekend. The black one is still in my garage!

Good taste bro,

White/red is the color of choice.

I wouldn't have done it any other way.

The following users liked this post:
carnut1 (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 06:16 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So your GF was right. You are modding already. Glad you'll still be around.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

love it. you are quickly becoming my hero.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:27 AM

The car is on its way going to pick it up around 2:30 on Saturday, this time I have made a very specific request that they not wash it or wipe it down nothing but some running water. I will do all the work on the paint myself. Since the white car is not a metallic paint (which I prefer my cars not to be), it will be a lot easier to get right.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

The car is on its way going to pick it up around 2:30 on Saturday, this time I have made a very specific request that they not wash it or wipe it down nothing but some running water. I will do all the work on the paint myself. Since the white car is not a metallic paint (which I prefer my cars not to be), it will be a lot easier to get right.
Did you go from Vert > Coupe, Black > White?

How did you go from Hate > Love? What is it exactly about this particular car that turned the corner for you? White/Red is ridiculously sexy, I do agree.

It's fascinating to me that you'd buy a car and not make a connection with it after a few days of ownership, then by changing color, finding nirvana.

Your main gripe was that it wasn't a true enough GT or sports car per your definition.

I happened to agree with you about the GT part. I wish the car fit into the Maserati GT / Aston Vanquish / M6 /SL63 category in terms of a luxury city sport coupe, dinner on the town supercar but for that title, she would have to be a bit more luxurious, comfortable and a hair larger. To show you how strange I am, the car I battled with buying aside from my F was a P90D Tesla with Ludicrous and autopilot. Talk about two different cars but after test driving the Tesla, I was bitten right in the *** by the torque mosquito. I live in the Bay Area and what took me over the top in terms of the F was the sheer number of Teslas on the road here. Boring.

The F is great at what she is...an amazing looking daily drivable sports car that's versatal enough to grab a few groceries or take to the track. For what she is, she does it very well.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 07-24-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:18 AM

I can assure you nothing I do makes any sense to anyone with a normal working mind. My mind is the same one that has owned 441 cars (4 bedrooms filled with clothing I buy then donate to charity unworn with tags still on it) 120+ watches too many pairs of shoes to count and an entire room just find with appliances I give away. Other than the Tesla I have owned all the cars you list above and a lot more. I sleep 4 to 5 hours a day the rest of the time I write books, (some I publish some I don't) design things, and run my businesses, play with my pets, and deal with the only human being I have ever felt anything for. Everyone else to me is like a blank canvass (I am face blind). So understanding me, hell I do not (nor do experts who have studied me for the last three years) even understand me. Its all good

Old 07-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I can assure you nothing I do makes any sense to anyone with a normal working mind. My mind is the same one that has owned 441 cars (4 bedrooms filled with clothing I buy then donate to charity unworn with tags still on it) 120+ watches too many pairs of shoes to count and an entire room just find with appliances I give away. Other than the Tesla I have owned all the cars you list above and a lot more. I sleep 4 to 5 hours a day the rest of the time I write books, (some I publish some I don't) design things, and run my businesses, play with my pets, and deal with the only human being I have ever felt anything for. Everyone else to me is like a blank canvass (I am face blind). So understanding me, hell I do not (nor do experts who have studied me for the last three years) even understand me. Its all good
My nephew is an Aspie. I get it!

Old 07-24-2016, 02:10 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

I work for a Bay Area tech company. You wouldn't even be considered unusual or eccentric in my office.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:54 AM

Sorry if I went off I was not angry (dont get that one either), but as you can probably imagine I get asked WHY I do things a lot, and sometimes I just get tired of trying to explain. But I think I figured this one out yesterday Maggie is a white dog cannot have a black car named Maggie can I. My girlfriend has put her claim on this car when I get bored of it and move on to the next thing, so Maggie is sticking around. My kids are with me so she will stay with 9 miles on her a while, ordered another steering wheel (I always do this) have to have it made to my specs (type of leather and thickness have a guy Dallas Custom something or other makes them for me). I really cant stand the drive by wire though so ordering the pedal commander today hopefully the plug fits. I figured out how to load my 10 grateful dead CD's into the system, and like my 1700w system (in the Range Rover, they don't like me in that forum too stuffy for someone like me) stereo seems to sound better to me at least when it is in stereo (not all other stuff mixed in). So I will continue to try and be a useful member of this forum and remember you cant insult me no matter what you say and I never take offence so do not feel like you are picking on the handicapped, everyone makes fun of the way I am, even me!