F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchable Active Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took Delivery of a New f Type coupe that doesn't have the active exhaust feature and will like to know if anybody has tried pulling the fuse

Old 06-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if the pulling fuse for F-Type V6 convertible ( basic) work or not?
i don't have the option of active exhaust , I'm afraid my baby doesn't sound that great. which the point of getting this car is pretty much noise haha

Old 06-11-2014, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Shane7
Does anyone know if the pulling fuse for F-Type V6 convertible ( basic) work or not?
i don't have the option of active exhaust , I'm afraid my baby doesn't sound that great. which the point of getting this car is pretty much noise haha
If you have the car in your possession, why don't you just pull the fuse and find out? I would do it myself, but my car doesn't arrive until late August.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not have my baby in my possession yet. it will arrive anytime soon, the arrival was set in mid june. which fuse do i have disconnect?

thanks

Old 06-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane7
I do not have my baby in my possession yet. it will arrive anytime soon, the arrival was set in mid june. which fuse do i have disconnect?

thanks
Does the car have the active exhaust option? If so pull fuse F43.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:40 AM

I took delivery of a 2015 V6 Vert without the $1500 active exhaust option.

Can anyone confirm that pulling the fuse will indeed open up the flaps to enable active exhaust or did they use a completely different exhaust system?

I'm afraid that the vehicle sounds far too quiet and only makes decent noise above 5k RPM even when set in dynamic mode.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Tell you what: when I take delivery I'll pull the fuse. But. I won't tell you the outcome.

You have the car, there is only one exhaust. Try it.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Thumbs up

I chose this option because I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with it...!

Old 08-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Good reminder that no one should order this car without the switchable exhaust.. Whether it be for enjoyment or resale value its worth it.
I love the sound with the exhaust sound switched on, however sometimes I like to run with it switched off, so the option is good.
Lawrence

Old 08-10-2014, 11:12 AM

Why don't all the people who have taken delivery of their cars, and want to know if this works simply pull the fuse? Takes all of 2 minutes to do.

If you have the active exhaust but don't have the switchable button in the cabin ($200 option) pulling the fuse will leave the valves open all the time.

If you don't have the active exhaust then you are out of luck, there are no valves to open as you don't have the exhaust in the first place.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthdriver
I took delivery of a 2015 V6 Vert without the $1500 active exhaust option.

Can anyone confirm that pulling the fuse will indeed open up the flaps to enable active exhaust or did they use a completely different exhaust system?

I'm afraid that the vehicle sounds far too quiet and only makes decent noise above 5k RPM even when set in dynamic mode.
If it's a base V6, there will be no fuse 43 to pull because it doesn't have active exhaust, which only comes on S and R models. In addition, for those cars the cockpit switch is a separate option, but if you don't have that switch on R and S models, switching to dynamic mode opens the exhaust, as does pulling fuse 43.

In the base car, switching to dynamic mode changes the shift points to higher revs, which makes it sound louder, but the exhaust system on the base car is "closed" all the time.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
If it's a base V6, there will be no fuse 43 to pull because it doesn't have active exhaust, which only comes on S and R models. In addition, for those cars the cockpit switch is a separate option, but if you don't have that switch on R and S models, switching to dynamic mode opens the exhaust, as does pulling fuse 43.

In the base car, switching to dynamic mode changes the shift points to higher revs, which makes it sound louder, but the exhaust system on the base car is "closed" all the time..
I beg to differ...the Active Sport Exhaust (which features active bypass valves which open during performance driving to allow exhaust gases to exit more directly for a deep,dramatic sound) while standard on the S and R models IS an option on the base F-Type...it's an additional $1500...and I added it to my car.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:35 PM

for those cars the cockpit switch is a separate option, but if you don't have that switch on R and S models, switching to dynamic mode opens the exhaust, as does pulling fuse 43.
That is not correct - if you do not have the switch, switching to dynamic mode does not open the exhaust valves.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
I beg to differ...the Active Sport Exhaust (which features active bypass valves which open during performance driving to allow exhaust gases to exit more directly for a deep,dramatic sound) while standard on the S and R models IS an option on the base F-Type...it's an additional $1500...and I added it to my car.
I didn't say it wasn't an option on the base car. I responded to a person who said he didn't have it on his car, thus there is no fuse to pull to keep it open.

I do stand corrected on the switch. While I know it is standard on S and R models, I thought the switch was optional (except for the V8R), and dynamic mode was used to open the valves.

BTW, I had it on my C6 Z06, didn't particularly care for it, and I didn't want it on my base car. I'm happy with the sound of the non-valved, standard exhaust, and if I want loud I just use the right hand pedal to increase the revs. Even without, there's plenty of growl, along with popping and cracking on decel.

Last edited by Foosh; 08-11-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member

I felt it was worth it's weight in gold in terms of added value so I wanted it for my car but then again,I'm used to loud cars...I have electric cut-outs on my '69 Z/28 with a 554hp race motor and 11:1-1 compression so trust me when I say it's loud and annoying,lol...and hopefully two guys will also think so when it crosses the auction block this Thursday at Mecum.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:02 PM

In the base car, switching to dynamic mode changes the shift points to higher revs, which makes it sound louder, but the exhaust system on the base car is "closed" all the time.
Unfortunate. Any chance Jaguar service can add the option?

Old 08-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
I felt it was worth it's weight in gold in terms of added value so I wanted it for my car but then again,I'm used to loud cars...I have electric cut-outs on my '69 Z/28 with a 554hp race motor and 11:1-1 compression so trust me when I say it's loud and annoying,lol...and hopefully two guys will also think so when it crosses the auction block this Thursday at Mecum.
I'm pretty sure my '65 Shelby Cobra 427SC replica, complete with the correct '65 427(FE) C.I. side-oiler with open side pipes could give you run for the "who's the loudest" competition. With no top and no windows, it was painful at WOT.

My F-Type is my new daily driver, and as much as I appreciate a pleasing exhaust sound and have it in the base car with no active exhaust, I'm over the too loud thing.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by stealthdriver
Unfortunate. Any chance Jaguar service can add the option?
I'm sure it could be done, but it would no doubt cost more than the $1500 option price largely because of all the labor required to modify a finished car. In addition to std. exhaust removal and installation of the valved system, which should be fairly straightforward, there is wiring involved, but I'd bet there's an empty block in the fuse box for it.

Now whether a Jaguar dealer will do it is a different question, and I don't know the answer. Pick up the phone and call your service advisor, or better yet call advisors at several different dealers.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I took a delivery of British Racing with camel leather last night, it is S 380hp V6.

I pulled out the fuse 43 this morning and the car did sound better, the active exhaust is always on, it is not noisy at all when you easy on the pedal, much better than my old C6 corvette which I had to put the fuse back because it is too noisy.

Cheers

Hog

The following 5 users liked this post by hog4oc:
drphilgood (10-30-2022), Foosh (08-16-2014), jns2001 (01-01-2015), pembroke (08-15-2014), schraderade (08-15-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hog4oc
I took a delivery of British Racing with camel leather last night, it is S 380hp V6.

I pulled out the fuse 43 this morning and the car did sound better, the active exhaust is always on, it is not noisy at all when you easy on the pedal, much better than my old C6 corvette which I had to put the fuse back because it is too noisy.

Cheers

Hog
Thanks for the report. How was active exhaust activated before you pulled the fuse? I was told by someone earlier in this thread that if you had active exhaust, you also had the center console switch.

Sounds like to me a car can be equipped with active exhaust, but the switch is an option. Otherwise, why would one have to pull a fuse?

Quick Reply: Switchable Active Exhaust