F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching the manual shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching the manual shift knob

This is a minor issue. Has anyone switched the manual shift knob to another one? I want one with a shorter height. Any help or links appreciated. Thank you.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by mvivio
This is a minor issue. Has anyone switched the manual shift knob to another one? I want one with a shorter height. Any help or links appreciated. Thank you.
I was also thinking about installing the lowest profile knob possible to minimize the height and throw, but am still holding out hope for a short shifter (which will require a new knob anyway). Replacing the existing knob will be a bit problematic, as it snaps onto the shift lever. Will probably need to be custom built, but at least you would be able to get exactly what you want. I have spoken with Whalen (http://www.whalenshiftmachine.com),and they will build anything you want, but you will have to send them your current knob (and it's a bitch to get off).

Old 04-30-2016, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like we share the same issue. I had a short shift kit on a BMW, it was nice. But a lower profile round shift knob would do the trick for me now.

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I was also thinking about installing the lowest profile knob possible to minimize the height and throw, but am still holding out hope for a short shifter (which will require a new knob anyway). Replacing the existing knob will be a bit problematic, as it snaps onto the shift lever. Will probably need to be custom built, but at least you would be able to get exactly what you want. I have spoken with Whalen (http://www.whalenshiftmachine.com),and they will build anything you want, but you will have to send them your current knob (and it's a bitch to get off).