F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail lights upgrade into MY2021 - wiring diagram needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 04:49 PM
Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gg2684
couple weeks? You can’t post this kind of thing unless you’re ready to get it done and post pictures. You know we only join the forums for the pictures….
Bumper will be ready/painted next week, but I want to do the swap together with VAP lower pulley and water/meth injection system and my mechanic has 1st available slot in about 3 weeks from now. Besides we are in the middle of winter season.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:41 PM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Ha, hear ya. I have a hatch full of carbon fiber pieces that I was going to install…yet there they sit. Been working on other cars and my job is wearing me out, but I will have it wrapped up before spring as I also promised a couple forum members photos.

Old 08-04-2023, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appologies for ressurecting an old thread, but any updates on how this went? Been meaning to do this mod myself, any insight would be appreciated. Parts list so far:

Right tail lamp: T2R68847
Left tail lamp: T2R68849
Bumper cover: T2R49873LML

Have not looked at the connectors so I am unsure what kind of pins these require to add the 5th wire... 🤔

Old 08-12-2023, 01:00 PM

Hi,

yes, new lamms and bumper installed and they look...MUCH better

I confirm that all you need is both lamps and bumper cover.
But...you will need to deasl with 3 factors:
1. because old harness doesn't have addition signal pin, you will need to decide if your blinkers will work only on standard mode or only sequential. This may be problematic in relation to MOT control in some areas because emergency blinking suppose to be only standard - non sequential. I personally wired my into sequential mode and I LOVE it.
2. because reverse camera hole in the new bumper is ~2mm larger vs. old camera diameter you will need to figure out how to reduce this gap. I personally used glue and rubber gasket which is used also for parking sensors installation in the bumper
3. mounting bracket of reverse camera in the new bumper cover is COMPLETLY different so you will need to moddify it. I don;t have any photos how I did it, but I used Dremel and glue to attach it.

Good luck - it is WORTH it.

Here's direct comparison with OEM SVR

The following 4 users liked this post by Guardian:
Alkapwn (08-12-2023), BruceTheQuail (09-16-2023), takeapieandrun (08-15-2023), woohoo (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 03:36 PM

Very nice! I guess I'll add the parking sensor grommet to the parts list.

As far as the electrical mod is concerned, does the connector have an empty pin already, or were you able to source one from the dealer? I'm sure I can use just about any wire, just not sure about the pin, I have not found a part number for the pins yet. :/

Another mod I'm looking to do is the undercover/diffuser, I see you've done that as well. Is that the 2021+ undercover or the SVR undercover? The parts websites (dealerships) don't seem to show what it looks like exactly, so its difficult to tell if the 2021 part number (T2R16332LML) is the correct new one or not.

Old 08-12-2023, 04:31 PM

Honestly I don't remember now but for sure you don't need to buy spare connector(s). You just play with the wiring after identifying which pin triggers turn signal in the sequential mode. It was quite easy and almost plug'n'play.

As to diffuser: SVR is exactly the same as 2021+ so under whichever p/n you will buy will be ok.

The following users liked this post:
Alkapwn (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 10:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I personally don't like sequential turn-signals. My ex-'20 Bullitt had them, and I coded them out (with FORscan). I'd just leave them solid, and no need to d*ck with the wiring. Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
scm (08-13-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 01:47 AM
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Sigh.. another thing to add to the list and lighten my wallet with.. hahaha

Old 09-15-2023, 04:01 PM

Received the tail lights today, but they were a lil different than anticipated, likely due to them being US spec. These are only 3 wire. From my limited experimentation it appears pin 1 is ground, 2 is the tail light function, 3 is the brake/stop light.

As I believe mine are 4 wire, I’m thinking functionality may be an easier with the Euro spec lights. @Guardian Do you by chance recall or have the PNs of the lights you used on hand?

if anyone has the 2021+ tail light wiring diagram that would be super helpful as well. Ideally both euro and US?

Old 09-22-2023, 08:56 PM
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Guardian
Hi,

yes, new lamms and bumper installed and they look...MUCH better

I confirm that all you need is both lamps and bumper cover.
But...you will need to deasl with 3 factors:
1. because old harness doesn't have addition signal pin, you will need to decide if your blinkers will work only on standard mode or only sequential. This may be problematic in relation to MOT control in some areas because emergency blinking suppose to be only standard - non sequential. I personally wired my into sequential mode and I LOVE it.
2. because reverse camera hole in the new bumper is ~2mm larger vs. old camera diameter you will need to figure out how to reduce this gap. I personally used glue and rubber gasket which is used also for parking sensors installation in the bumper
3. mounting bracket of reverse camera in the new bumper cover is COMPLETLY different so you will need to moddify it. I don;t have any photos how I did it, but I used Dremel and glue to attach it.

Good luck - it is WORTH it.

Here's direct comparison with OEM SVR
what spoiler is this?

Old 10-08-2023, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alkapwn
Received the tail lights today, but they were a lil different than anticipated, likely due to them being US spec. These are only 3 wire. From my limited experimentation it appears pin 1 is ground, 2 is the tail light function, 3 is the brake/stop light.

As I believe mine are 4 wire, I’m thinking functionality may be an easier with the Euro spec lights. @Guardian Do you by chance recall or have the PNs of the lights you used on hand?

if anyone has the 2021+ tail light wiring diagram that would be super helpful as well. Ideally both euro and US?
@Alkapwn I'm in Maryland as well, also trying to perform a taillight swap but to Euro-spec facelift lamps. Would like to connect and compare notes if we can on some of this.

Old 10-08-2023, 09:20 PM

@71camaro I am currently not in MD. Traveling a lot for work. As far as the retrofit goes. I have not been successful in sourcing the euro-spec tail lights or even obtaining the part numbers for them.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:36 PM

I can source/have part numbers. The PN is T2R68846 for the RH and T2R68848 LH.

I've spent probably $20k over the last decade with e-acca.com for Euro-spec parts. All prior have been VW/Audi so we'll see on Jag.

Only hitch is I got hit with a $500+ Maryland sales tax bill two years after I bought a set of Euro RS6 headlights (Thanks Brooke Lierman &#129315

My big question is related to wiring/adaptation. I have also the wiring diagram on these. They appear to be 5-wire, but the diagram only shows 4 wires.

@Guardian is there any chance to see a UK-spec harness photo from a Facelift car? Or at least find out wiring colors at the plug?

This seems like it's actually a fairly uncomplicated swap compared to the Audis I have done (Require depinning harness and moving harness locations, etc)

Old 10-09-2023, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by 71camaro
I can source/have part numbers. The PN is T2R68846 for the RH and T2R68848 LH.

I've spent probably $20k over the last decade with e-acca.com for Euro-spec parts. All prior have been VW/Audi so we'll see on Jag.

Only hitch is I got hit with a $500+ Maryland sales tax bill two years after I bought a set of Euro RS6 headlights (Thanks Brooke Lierman &#129315

My big question is related to wiring/adaptation. I have also the wiring diagram on these. They appear to be 5-wire, but the diagram only shows 4 wires.

@Guardian is there any chance to see a UK-spec harness photo from a Facelift car? Or at least find out wiring colors at the plug?

This seems like it's actually a fairly uncomplicated swap compared to the Audis I have done (Require depinning harness and moving harness locations, etc)
Sorry, forgot to tag you @Alkapwn

Old 10-10-2023, 11:57 AM

Interesting, thank you for the part numbers. The wiring is change should be pretty simple. Identify which of the 4 wires is for turn signals. Then create a duplicate wire to connect to the 5 pin/wire on the tail light. Easy.

How long does E-acca take to ship things usually? Their site says 10-15 days, but does that include shipping, or just sourcing the part?

Old 10-10-2023, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Alkapwn
Interesting, thank you for the part numbers. The wiring is change should be pretty simple. Identify which of the 4 wires is for turn signals. Then create a duplicate wire to connect to the 5 pin/wire on the tail light. Easy.

How long does E-acca take to ship things usually? Their site says 10-15 days, but does that include shipping, or just sourcing the part?
Agreed on the wiring. I would prefer to mimic OEM functionality of non-sweep on the hazards vs sweep on the turns.

As far as shipping, I've had things as quickly as a week (Audi R8 oil cap, flat-bottom steering wheel) to as long as a month due to customs holdups (same headlights on which I got charged the late sales tax). Generally I'd say 1-2 weeks has been average from them. I found them back when I was doing upgrades to a Golf R I had ever so briefly in late 2017. Sourced Euro taillights with the sweeping turn signals for it from them, as well as aluminum mirror caps and European market floormats. Have yet to have a hiccup as far as delivery.

Last edited by 71camaro; 10-10-2023 at 08:11 PM.