F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tailgaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default tailgaters

Hello, have you found that more drivers tend to pull up a lot closer to your bumper at stoplights? This seems to happen most often with suv's, motorcycles and cyclists.

Not sure if this is reality or perception based on the magnification style of the rearview mirror, the limited visibility or angle of visibility out of the rear window.

I think this may be a valid perception because when I see this happen I will pull up a few inches and then the suv behind me will pull up a few inches like it's trying to stay on my @$$. How frequently do you have this experience?

My last car was a corvette and this seemed to happen much less frequently.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
Hello, have you found that more drivers tend to pull up a lot closer to your bumper at stoplights? This seems to happen most often with suv's, motorcycles and cyclists.

Not sure if this is reality or perception based on the magnification style of the rearview mirror, the limited visibility or angle of visibility out of the rear window.

I think this may be a valid perception because when I see this happen I will pull up a few inches and then the suv behind me will pull up a few inches like it's trying to stay on my @$$. How frequently do you have this experience?

My last car was a corvette and this seemed to happen much less frequently.
Yes, with me as well. Also, people really pound on the gas when they could otherwise easily pass me, if I'm in traffic.. I think its a 'he-man' thing that they feel possibly jealous of the Jag?? not sure. It is amusing to watch though.
Lawrence