F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Take it easy out there ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MattRG
You will love your trip to the PEC and yes, it will help you become a better driver! It is extremely fun and I recommend you do it as soon as possible.

On topic - it is amazing how well our modern electronics can handle keeping all of power that these cars make from killing us but there's still basic physics to contend with. The best thing anyone can do is to learn their limits (and the limits of their cars) in a controlled environment like a track or driver's ed course. Respect your cars and yourselves, folks!
Originally I was trying to wait until after we got away from feeling like we suddenly lived in Seattle with all the gloomy days and rain and now I'm trying to just find a day I can take off work without one of my bosses freaking out. I'm hoping to get in before the end of this month though. I'm looking pretty hard at the 911 Targa 4 GTS. I'm looking forward to it so much because of what all I know I can learn to do well there. My husband and his two brothers did it back in December and just hearing about the stuff they got to do and how much fun they had (and two of them used to race stock cars locally) made me want to try it and I got the gift certificate for Christmas, THEN I convinced him I NEEDED my car.

Sometimes I wonder if all of the modern electronics makes people more complacent and think they are better than they are and that's some of what causes problems. That and the people who just don't care about anyone other than themselves and just do whatever they like and assume everyone else will get out of the way.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:03 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Hard to imagine the forces required to split the car in half... must have been going really fast. I wonder if the coupe would have faired any better?

NCAP does the side-pole crash tests at 32 km/h, but I couldn't find the video for the F-type.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by PBBarb
Originally I was trying to wait until after we got away from feeling like we suddenly lived in Seattle with all the gloomy days and rain and now I'm trying to just find a day I can take off work without one of my bosses freaking out. I'm hoping to get in before the end of this month though. I'm looking pretty hard at the 911 Targa 4 GTS. I'm looking forward to it so much because of what all I know I can learn to do well there. My husband and his two brothers did it back in December and just hearing about the stuff they got to do and how much fun they had (and two of them used to race stock cars locally) made me want to try it and I got the gift certificate for Christmas, THEN I convinced him I NEEDED my car.

Sometimes I wonder if all of the modern electronics makes people more complacent and think they are better than they are and that's some of what causes problems. That and the people who just don't care about anyone other than themselves and just do whatever they like and assume everyone else will get out of the way.
I feel the same way - people get so complacent and especially with electric power steering now you can lose track of the road. I have no data, all anecdotal here

Old 05-04-2018, 06:10 AM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts
Old 05-04-2018, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Sad...passenger (and family) pays for the driver's poor judgement. A classic case of testosterone poisoning.