F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking my F into the Dealership for Warranty work - Have Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Taking my F into the Dealership for Warranty work - Have Questions

I've had my 2005 F-Type S coupe for 5 months (purchased pre-owned) and am having the window surrounds replaced at the dealership in early April. The car has something like 17.5K miles on it currently. They are also replacing my rather scratched up orange Start/Stop button under warranty.

I am wondering what things I should be sure to have them check and/or update while they have it. Audio firmware (I have the 380 watt Meridian and have been quite pleased with it)? What are the 'must-have' updates and service bulletin items that I should be certain have been addressed?

Thanks.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Received 106 Likes on 51 Posts

There was a service bulletin for the O2 sensors. This involved ECU firmware update and replace O2 sensors. I would have them check your evap canister. Mine was ordered for replacement next week due to a CEL.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Does your engine rattle excessively? From the top/front of the supercharger?
Most noticeably at start up and cold idle?
Does it sometimes "clunk" when you shut it down?
If yes to all of these then the SC coupler / torsion isolator is shot and needs to be replaced, and it's a warranty fix for which there is a Technical Bulletin.
It's a fairly common problem on these cars, I had the fix done about a year ago but the rattle is now back again with a vengeance and I'm going to have it looked at by an independent workshop. If it is the same problem they will fix it properly this time.
My car is also a MY2015 V6S coupe.
Search on here for details of the problem and the Technical Bulletin.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by woodturner
I've had my 2005 F-Type S coupe for 5 months (purchased pre-owned) and am having the window surrounds replaced at the dealership in early April. The car has something like 17.5K miles on it currently. They are also replacing my rather scratched up orange Start/Stop button under warranty.

I am wondering what things I should be sure to have them check and/or update while they have it. Audio firmware (I have the 380 watt Meridian and have been quite pleased with it)? What are the 'must-have' updates and service bulletin items that I should be certain have been addressed?

Thanks.
I also had to have my trim replaced basically 2 weeks after acquisition as the chrome trim was faded/discolored, etc likely from some type of chemical cleaning while it had been sitting on the lot awaiting sale. It did take the dealership (different one that the place I bought it from) and it took them over a day to do it so make certain they give you a loaner car and plan to have it overnight. They also did the audio service but mine is the 770w version so it was needed.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

There is also a TSB out regarding the water pump. On some car it leaks. No spots but you can smell the antifreeze. Its been redesigned 2x.