F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there any inexpensive upgrades worth doing to the F Type?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 05:05 PM
Received 247 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
Thanks Bruce, yes see some on Mina pricey for 2 pieces just and then shipping costs https://www.minagallery.com/jaguar-f...-finisher-set/
Yes, they may be a bit pricey but then I look at my stock ones and they seem worth it....Plus, with a bit more room to breath.

Old 03-01-2021, 05:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 319 Posts

Still Pricey for 2 supercharger stick ons for OEM vents

Old 03-01-2021, 07:05 PM
Received 247 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
Still Pricey for 2 supercharger stick ons for OEM vents
Well, they are NOT stick on’s. First, there is the wire mesh base and trim which you can specify the color of. Second, the aluminum strip which reads “Supercharged” which is probably laser cut, is bolted to the wire mesh. I know not where you might get the idea of a sticky type product. I can assure you that this is a fine hand-made metal product. Besides the aesthetics of this product you get a few extra inches of open space for breathing for whatever that may be worth.

George

Old 03-01-2021, 07:19 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Here's a list of stuff I've done to my car.

Wiper Blades - needed new ones and these look very simple and sleek.
Amazon Amazon

Pedal Commander - improves your throttle response curve. One of the first things I do with every car.
Amazon Amazon

Red interior LED lights - replaced the footwell and door lights with these LEDs
Amazon Amazon

FootRest Pedal - it stays on with tape but so far so good.
Amazon Amazon

GAN Chip Tuning - I looked at this and the RaceChip and went with this one. You'll notice more low/mid end torque and when combined with the pedal commander, it's a big improvement.
https://www.gantuning.com/chiptuning...pressor-381hp/

Key Fob Cover - bought my car used and the key fob was coming apart so I tried this and it actually feel and looks nice.
Amazon Amazon

CTEK Indicator/plug panel - installed this in the trunk and is nicely tucked away.
Amazon Amazon

CTEK Charger
Amazon Amazon

Sto N Sho license plate bracket - I keep the front plate off my car most of the time.
Amazon Amazon

Tire Valve Stems Caps - black with the jaguar
Amazon Amazon

Cargo Trunk mesh net
Amazon Amazon

Blue Line Sticker - this has gotten me out of a few minor violations... illegal u turns, right on reds
Amazon Amazon

Luxury mats
https://parts.harperjaguar.com/oem-p...bC12Ni1nYXM%3D

Rubber mats
https://parts.harperjaguar.com/oem-p...bC12Ni1nYXM%3D

Trunk mat
https://parts.harperjaguar.com/oem-p...MtMGwtdjYtZ2Fz

Last edited by datriani; 03-01-2021 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added content
The following 7 users liked this post by datriani:
Damon Parker (03-05-2021), lifted.n.lowered (03-04-2021), NavyBlue (03-04-2021), RUT23 (02-23-2024), Sparky H (04-30-2021), stirlingsilver (02-26-2024), tallslenderguy (03-04-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-01-2021, 07:25 PM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by cpq100
I can think of two off the top of my head:

1. Front Splash Guards - parts will run you around $100. Info at this thread - https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...guards-231957/

2. Rubber inserts for the cupholders. Without the inserts the metal bottom, while attractive quickly scratches. They are available on eBay, Amazon, Aliexpress etc. They cost under $10.

Here is a link to one set on Amazon with a logo dash mat for your phone as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Bettway-Coast...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
I did the rubber inserts which not only worked really well but fit really well. I did similar ones on my BMW and they didn't fit well at all. I also had added valve step caps.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Therock88
1.) Remove Engine Cover - Cost $0
2.) Disable Start Stop - Cost - $0
3.) Install 6000k LED Interior bulbs - Cost ~$10 - $30
4.) Entry / Puddle Lights W/Logo - Cost - $10- $20

Other cheap(er) items to do if you choose to, depending on taste and preference....Wrap chrome pieces if you have them, different center wheel caps, battery reboot switch, brighter/whiter headlight HID bulbs, oil catch can, disable rear wing, aluminum pedals....
I need to take off the engine cover still. I assume this just pops off like any other cover. I would love to disable the start/stop feature. I have that in my other car and it drives me insane if I forget to disengage it. How can you disable that on the F Type? I will do that immediately.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
I did the rubber inserts which not only worked really well but fit really well. I did similar ones on my BMW and they didn't fit well at all. I also had added valve step caps.
Once you get done with the "simple" - "cheap" stuff....Then its time to move on to ECU Tune, Crank Pulley, Water/Methanol Injection, TCU Tune, Cats/Downpipes, Lowering Springs, Wheels, Spacers, Intakes....It never ends!! Only good thing, is getting the Jag took my focus from the 911 Turbo....There are SOOOO many mods you can do on those P-Cars....I stopped at about $30K

Enjoy the F-Type...

DC

The following 2 users liked this post by Therock88:
Black15FTR (03-21-2024), Nodnarb (08-19-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
I need to take off the engine cover still. I assume this just pops off like any other cover. I would love to disable the start/stop feature. I have that in my other car and it drives me insane if I forget to disengage it. How can you disable that on the F Type? I will do that immediately.
Yep, the engine cover pops off easily, it's held on by four plugs in the cover which go over four prongs on the top of the engine, simply pull the cover straight up.
To permanently disable the stop/start (SS) it depends on which MY F-Type you have.
From MY 2013 to 2015 the SS uses a secondary battery as well as the main battery and you simply disconnect that secondary battery. Just unbolt the earth/ground lead which runs from the negative terminal to an earthing point on the floor of the boot/trunk at the trunk end and tie it up out of the way. Or else you can completely remove the secondary battery.
From MY 2016 onwards the F-Type has a single battery and you need to "pull a (wiring) plug" in the boot/trunk to disable the SS.
There are whole threads with pics showing these two methods.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Once you get done with the "simple" - "cheap" stuff....Then its time to move on to ECU Tune, Crank Pulley, Water/Methanol Injection, TCU Tune, Cats/Downpipes, Lowering Springs, Wheels, Spacers, Intakes....It never ends!! Only good thing, is getting the Jag took my focus from the 911 Turbo....There are SOOOO many mods you can do on those P-Cars....I stopped at about $30K

Enjoy the F-Type...

DC

Agreed. My twin turbo 911 had so many options it was a pro/con balance since you can literally spend tons of money. I love the F Type R and want it somewhat controlled in terms of expenditure. I would love to consider rims after the tune but not sure that is going to truly be in my budget.

Old 03-01-2021, 09:47 PM
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

My wife and I recently purchased a MY19 F-Type R, what an awesome car! I'm a fan of the weather tech floor liners. I have them in her daily C43 and my GMC work truck. I was especially impressed with the way they fit the F-Type. Where we're at, it's nice not to have to worry about whats on your feet.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:55 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

Datriani, what was involved in installing the CTEK indicator & port in your Jaguar ? Just cutting a small hole in the interior trim and running the cables to the battery ? Did the whole trim panel need to be removed ?
That looks like a very useful device and would make for a clean install. One of the first things I am going to do upon delivery is get back in the trunk area and pull the plug on that engine start/stop connector, I may as well install the CTEK pigtail or port at the same time.

Last edited by Dwight Frye; 03-02-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by crashxx
My wife and I recently purchased a MY19 F-Type R, what an awesome car! I'm a fan of the weather tech floor liners. I have them in her daily C43 and my GMC work truck. I was especially impressed with the way they fit the F-Type. Where we're at, it's nice not to have to worry about whats on your feet.
I lived near their plant in Downers Grove, IL. They make great stuff and been a fan for many years. Thankfully I know live in sunny AZ and have never needed to buy any all weather type mats again.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 386 Likes on 270 Posts

I installed the CTEK in the front, rather than in the trunk.
It connects to terminals near the front of the engine compartment.
You leave the CTEK "stub" wire connected in place, then simply plug in the unit when needed.
There is a channel in front of the RH wheel arch that allows the cable to fit so that the hood will close fully while the car is charging.
This work better for me since my garage electrical outlet is near the front of the car.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:48 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Hi Dwight, I used the included template and drill 4 small holes, and followed up with a larger drill bit and then used a really sharp knife to carefully "connect the dots" and just popped in the CTEK. I left some of the sides a little rough to add friction to keep the panel in place. Took a little bit to get it in there but it's snug and will take effort to pull out.

Didn't need to take the panel off or anything but I did have to contort myself to get a good angle.

I back my car into the garage (for a fast getaway) so the charger is near the rear for me. I mounted my CTEK charger on the wall and picked up an extension cable to reach my car with no issues. I also close the trunk on the cable and since it's the extension, if it get's worn out I can replace that cord and not the charger itself. I also bought the CTEK Bluetooth battery monitor and installed that so I can check it every once and while when it's not plugged into the trickle. Sure it's overkill for most people but not to me.

Last edited by datriani; 03-03-2021 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added content
The following 2 users liked this post by datriani:
lifted.n.lowered (03-04-2021), RUT23 (03-27-2024)
Old 03-04-2021, 09:53 AM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

A little pricey, but very nice! May have splurge for a set!

Old 03-04-2021, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading 2016 F Type S Black

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
This red F Type is gorgeous...! We have a 2016 black F-Type S...Looking to upgrade a few things like the rear diffuser, front lip spoiler etc...can anyone point the way other than Jaguar dealerships and no China stuff? Thank you Jag lovers Eric Sheaffer
there you go
Nice looking F-type, well done! We have a black 2016 F-type S. Looking to upgrade the exterior rear diffusser (looks cheap), front lip spoiler and plastic hood vents. Can anyone point the way to avoid Jaguar dealerships and China crap? Thanks everyone! Eric Sheaffer

Old 03-04-2021, 11:49 AM

Nice looking F-type, well done! We have a black 2016 F-type S. Looking to upgrade the exterior rear diffusser (looks cheap), front lip spoiler and plastic hood vents. Can anyone point the way to avoid Jaguar dealerships and China crap? Thanks everyone! Eric Sheaffer

Old 03-04-2021, 12:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail

there you go
Damn, that looks great. i have a white F-type convertible with a black top and am tempted to wrap the wheels and chrome in black. Also like the idea of rear de-badge and relocating and wrapping the leaper in black. Need to look for some pics of one already done. Not a lot of room to relocate the leaper, but i think the top of the trunk lid is sort of misplaced.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:07 PM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Wheels and tires, not the cheapest but for me they always make the biggest upgrade to any of my vehicles.
Especially when you can go wider with better looking offsets. On the Jag, getting rid of the Pirelli tires also made the biggest performance upgrade.

The following users liked this post:
jcb-memphis (12-30-2023)
Old 03-04-2021, 02:28 PM

Item #1: Did taking the engine cover off increase or decrease your noise level?

Quick Reply: Is there any inexpensive upgrades worth doing to the F Type?