F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there any inexpensive upgrades worth doing to the F Type?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Here you go. I got the idea from a red db11 when they first came out, and was really happy with the result as it flattens out the look for the roof and makes the car look a bit meaner

Last edited by BruceTheQuail; 02-23-2024 at 03:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PaulBarrrera (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

BruceThe Quail: Two more great pics and I can certainly picture the DB11 signature look with your very smart looking wrap job. What I'm looking for is a rear and side shot from perhaps a more elevated position that shows the top/rear and how and where the film terminates by the hatch, so I might guide a potential installer. Thanks again for your reply from down under.

BruceTheQuail (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member

here you go! The ending of the wrap at the back was a bit harder on the f type as the db11 has a crease there to follow. There were a few options and I did some mock ups with one of the forum members at the time making some useful contributions, in the end this is what I thought worked best, to follow the curve of the rear window.

Last edited by BruceTheQuail; 02-23-2024 at 07:32 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by BruceTheQuail:
Chuckster (02-24-2024), Kuhli (02-25-2024), PaulBarrrera (02-23-2024), ThunderKitty (02-25-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 08:35 PM
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Perfect! And I agree with your decision to follow the rear window curve. It looks so good that it shoud've been a paint option from the factory. Thank you again, I'm sure these photos will be appreciated by more than myself. Now, if I could just get a P7 Grill.................

BruceTheQuail (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 11:39 PM
Veteran Member

Sweet! Post pics if you get it done, I'd love to see how it goes with grey

Old 02-24-2024, 02:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail

here you go! The ending of the wrap at the back was a bit harder on the f type as the db11 has a crease there to follow. There were a few options and I did some mock ups with one of the forum members at the time making some useful contributions, in the end this is what I thought worked best, to follow the curve of the rear window.
A bit Gen-1 NSXish? Fighter pilot cockpit style? Looks great.

The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
BruceTheQuail (02-24-2024), Chuckster (02-26-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 12:39 PM
Received 202 Likes on 127 Posts

The least expensive "upgrade" you can add is continually buying into the notion that our cars are still worth what they were a couple of years ago.

I always thought that the finishing touch to the entire, "you are what you drive," automobile thing would be replacing the rear licence plate with a display of the value of the car in real time. And why not extend it to our houses and every other material possession that connotes, "personal value?" Perhaps everybody's credit score/net worth can alternately flash on their forehead, as well. That would certainly make it a lot easier for many people out there to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Denying the role that ego plays in possessing these symbols of [perceived] status prevents one from coming to grips with seeing the truth of the matter. Human motivation is incredibly complex and plays out with alarming clarity in an arena such as this one. After all, isn't looking back at our cars in the parking lot just another way of looking at ourselves in the mirror on the way out the front door?

Old 02-25-2024, 02:34 PM
Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by synthesis
The least expensive "upgrade" you can add is continually buying into the notion that our cars are still worth what they were a couple of years ago.

I always thought that the finishing touch to the entire, "you are what you drive," automobile thing would be replacing the rear licence plate with a display of the value of the car in real time. And why not extend it to our houses and every other material possession that connotes, "personal value?" Perhaps everybody's credit score/net worth can alternately flash on their forehead, as well. That would certainly make it a lot easier for many people out there to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Denying the role that ego plays in possessing these symbols of [perceived] status prevents one from coming to grips with seeing the truth of the matter. Human motivation is incredibly complex and plays out with alarming clarity in an arena such as this one. After all, isn't looking back at our cars in the parking lot just another way of looking at ourselves in the mirror on the way out the front door?
Or maybe those of us who own the vehicles own them because we enjoy the way it makes us feel. I have owned plenty of vehicles in my life and one thing I can honestly say is that it feels great to hop into a nice car on the weekend and go for a drive.
Saying that owning a vehicle like this is purely for a status symbol is a false notion for those of us who truly enjoy driving. But with that said, I absolutely take a look back at my car after parking it. Enjoying the fruits of your labor ,regardless of what it is, is what living is all about. “Life is too short to drive boring cars”.

The following 9 users liked this post by SacTown-Patriot:
Chuckster (02-26-2024), diablo2112 (02-25-2024), DJS (02-25-2024), GeorgeIII (02-25-2024), PaulBarrrera (02-25-2024), Roadstergal (03-19-2024), scm (02-25-2024), sov211 (02-26-2024), ThunderKitty (02-25-2024) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-25-2024, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by SacTown-Patriot
Or maybe those of us who own the vehicles own them because we enjoy the way it makes us feel. I have owned plenty of vehicles in my life and one thing I can honestly say is that it feels great to hop into a nice car on the weekend and go for a drive.
Saying that owning a vehicle like this is purely for a status symbol is a false notion for those of us who truly enjoy driving. But with that said, I absolutely take a look back at my car after parking it. Enjoying the fruits of your labor ,regardless of what it is, is what living is all about. “Life is too short to drive boring cars”.
The great lesson of the 20th century was not standing in awe of what a few psychopaths [in **** Germany, Soviet Russia, and Maoist China] were capable of doing, but instead, what ordinary everyday people did at their bidding. Within all of us, all potential exists.

Just as we are all capable of acts of great compassion, we are also capable of horrible transgressions. What you say is true, but what you seem to be in denial of is the other side, a side that makes us just as human. If you deny that your ego did not factor into your choice to have such a beautiful car, well, so be it. You should enjoy your car, but enjoying the fruits of your labor is hardly what living is all about.

Old 02-25-2024, 07:55 PM
Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

The great lesson of the 20th century was not standing in awe of what a few psychopaths [in **** Germany, Soviet Russia, and Maoist China] were capable of doing, but instead, what ordinary everyday people did at their bidding. Within all of us, all potential exists.

Just as we are all capable of acts of great compassion, we are also capable of horrible transgressions. What you say is true, but what you seem to be in denial of is the other side, a side that makes us just as human. If you deny that your ego did not factor into your choice to have such a beautiful car, well, so be it. You should enjoy your car, but enjoying the fruits of your labor is hardly what living is all about.
To each his own. Maybe you should be totally anti everything and then just slide into every enjoyable forum available on the internet to let everyone know how unenjoyable life should be. Good luck with that.

The following 5 users liked this post by SacTown-Patriot:
Chuckster (02-26-2024), diablo2112 (02-25-2024), DJS (02-25-2024), Jdwoody17 (02-26-2024), Roadstergal (03-19-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by SacTown-Patriot
To each his own. Maybe you should be totally anti everything and then just slide into every enjoyable forum available on the internet to let everyone know how unenjoyable life should be. Good luck with that.
If you choose to see things as all or none, then you can speak in absolutes. As I am sure you must know, life is both good and bad.

Good luck to you!

Old 02-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Received 246 Likes on 130 Posts

I got a C- in Philosophy 101, anyone care to explain to me why we are debating this here ....?

The following 3 users liked this post by GeorgeIII:
Black15FTR (03-21-2024), Sovande (02-26-2024), ThunderKitty (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 01:46 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeIII
I got a C- in Philosophy 101, anyone care to explain to me why we are debating this here ....?
I think the rationale was that by thinking that the cars are holding their value we are living in a fools' paradise (which we enjoy) and that costs us nothing (so it is a "cheap upgrade"). I can live with that, though I fully expect the cars to be dropping in value, having owned volvos and jags I am quite familiar with the concept of depreciation.

I dont know how the ego thing factored in but yes, it was a factor in my purchase, and why not? I have to get my attention somehow, and it wont be from my physique, that's for sure.

The following 4 users liked this post by BruceTheQuail:
Black15FTR (03-21-2024), Jdwoody17 (02-26-2024), PaulBarrrera (02-26-2024), scm (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 09:30 AM
Received 68 Likes on 35 Posts

I spend my money on things I like, not really any deeper than that.

BTW, I just bought some of the leaper pads that go into the cup holders. I learned about them in this thread. Huge ego boost for me, and the value of my car just went up, so win-win!

The following 2 users liked this post by ThunderKitty:
BruceTheQuail (02-26-2024), Jdwoody17 (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by GeorgeIII
If you received a C- in philosophy 101, then you might wish to go back and see what you missed,

Old 02-26-2024, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by ThunderKitty
I spend my money on things I like, not really any deeper than that.

BTW, I just bought some of the leaper pads that go into the cup holders. I learned about them in this thread. Huge ego boost for me, and the value of my car just went up, so win-win!
This wasn't about you. Thank you for sharing.

Old 02-26-2024, 12:33 PM

If you received a C- in philosophy 101, then you might wish to go back and see what you missed,
In the first part of my sentence I was being facetious. The second part, and more importantly, was to the point .

Old 02-26-2024, 03:34 PM
Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

“ enjoying the fruits of your labour is hardly what living is all about” ?? Ya sure the odd compliment from strangers feels good but it’s such a small part of the overall reason for buying things that support our passion. You sound like a non car enthusiast who claim sports cars and the like are material compensation for a small ***** or lack of confidence. Perhaps you feel that way but some of us use our hard earned dollars to buy us experiences. Last year I did an 8 day solo bike ride to the Dragon, Nashville etc.. and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done to the point where I’m repeating it in my F with my wife so she can experience the great roads, the mountains, small towns and all the interesting people I met along the way. To me That Is What Living is All About! Doing it in an F type convertible with the various music playlists I’ve put together and my wife next to me with the sun on our faces is the trip I am most looking forward to in 2024. Ya that sounds like I’m doing it for my ego.

Chuckster (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fjmviper
“ enjoying the fruits of your labour is hardly what living is all about” ?? Ya sure the odd compliment from strangers feels good but it’s such a small part of the overall reason for buying things that support our passion. You sound like a non car enthusiast who claim sports cars and the like are material compensation for a small ***** or lack of confidence. Perhaps you feel that way but some of us use our hard earned dollars to buy us experiences. Last year I did an 8 day solo bike ride to the Dragon, Nashville etc.. and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done to the point where I’m repeating it in my F with my wife so she can experience the great roads, the mountains, small towns and all the interesting people I met along the way. To me That Is What Living is All About! Doing it in an F type convertible with the various music playlists I’ve put together and my wife next to me with the sun on our faces is the trip I am most looking forward to in 2024. Ya that sounds like I’m doing it for my ego.
It used to be that few would get out of junior high school with exploring the notion of what motivates human behavior. Apparently the idea that someone acknowledges ego factoring into the decision to purchase a beautiful sports cars excludes them from being an enthusiast [because real enthusiasts harbor only pure non-egotistical thoughts for the object of their affection?].

Again, we should all enjoy our cars [and everything else for that matter], but to be unaware of the other side is not such a great way to approach life. We all have to face our demons one way or another, and ego is perhaps the most treacherous of them all.

Old 02-26-2024, 06:42 PM

Might it be possible for us to dispense with the psychological discourse and perhaps revert back to the original topic of this thread, which if memory serves me right, had something or other to do with inexpensive upgrades.

The following 5 users liked this post by GeorgeIII:
Chuckster (02-27-2024), Craaaazzy (02-27-2024), DJS (02-26-2024), Therock88 (02-29-2024), zochmenos (02-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Is there any inexpensive upgrades worth doing to the F Type?