F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about rear muffler delete for base F-type

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013 | 11:35 PM
|
Question Thinking about rear muffler delete for base F-type

I have a base F-type, which I am very happy with, except that I wish it was a louder. When I decided to purchase in the summer, I really did not have the need to spend significantly more for the V6S or V8S (which I am sure I would love). The base V6 has plenty of real world useable power. In fact, on my FIRST DAY owning the car I got a damn speeding ticket passing a truck on the expressway with only 18 miles on my odometer!

I have been looking into and exhaust system, which there are none to be found at this time (minus a Valvetronic system which I do not want, since I don't have a need to adjust the vales for quiet/versus loud). Mina Gallery does not make a system for the F-type either. I have put QuickSilver Supersport exhausts on a 2005 Maserati Gransport and a 2005 Aston DB and they sounded great. Granted, one is a V8 and the other a V12, whereas this is a supercharged V6. The SuperSports did not have much of a "muffler" quality at all to them. I have been doing some research and it seems that rear muffler deletes are pretty safe and will definitely boost the volume, without producing too much drone (by keeping the stock resonators in place).

I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on this (don't want to here trade up for an F-type with Active exhaust:-)). Will a rear muffler delete make the sweet crackling sound even louder? Would the car be significantly louder (while still maintaining the unique F-type sound) as the V8S with active exhaust operating? I really want this car to sound like a beast and match its aggressive look.

Attached Thumbnails Thinking about rear muffler delete for base F-type-20130630_173022_resized.jpg  
Old 06-01-2015 | 02:51 PM
Default Muffler delete

Did you ever end up going through with the muffler delete? If so, how did you like it? I'm in the same situation and still am unable to find a video of someone who has done this.

Old 06-01-2015 | 03:05 PM
Veteran Member

I have asked SPIRES and they say they are working on a muffler system... wonder if its straight back pipes???

Old 06-03-2015 | 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Per what I gather the V6 and V6S sport the same intermediate pipe that has a resonator. If you want more growl out of your setup, removal of this resonator will certainly do so.

Part number is T2R2620 with active exhaust
Part number is T2R5986 w/o

If I had a setup to gather dimension from I could certainly aide in having this fabbed up. I'd be curious to hear myself. These cars already sound amazing.

Perhaps I should order the factory part and build an intermediate pipe setup.

Regards,
D. Fricke

Old 06-03-2015 | 04:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by FrickenJag
Per what I gather the V6 and V6S sport the same intermediate pipe that has a resonator. If you want more growl out of your setup, removal of this resonator will certainly do so.

Part number is T2R2620 with active exhaust
Part number is T2R5986 w/o

If I had a setup to gather dimension from I could certainly aide in having this fabbed up. I'd be curious to hear myself. These cars already sound amazing.

Perhaps I should order the factory part and build an intermediate pipe setup.

Regards,
D. Fricke
Generally, you remove the muffler rather than the resonator to enhance the sound. Removing the resonator will likely cause it to sound like a farm implement.

resonator

/ˈrɛzəˌneɪtə/
noun
1. any body or system that displays resonance, esp a tuned electrical circuit or a conducting cavity in which waves (electrical or sound) are generated by a resonant flow of electrical or sound waves.

resonate

[ ˈreznˌāt ]

VERB
verb: resonate · third person present: resonates · past tense: resonated · past participle: resonated · present participle: resonating

1. produce or be filled with a deep, full, reverberating sound:
    "the sound of the siren resonated across the harbor"

Last edited by Unhingd; 06-03-2015 at 04:56 PM.