F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you waiting on a custom build to ship

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default For those of you waiting on a custom build to ship

If you custom build yours and know when it ships, and are curious when it is - I stumbled onto this today.

I saw on another car site (for Smart cars, oddly) them say that this site allowed you to track where the car is (well, the ship it is on):
https://offices.2wglobal.com/

So I used Google to search that for "track cargo" and it showed me a page... that didn't have that visible on the page. But there was a dropdown menu that had Track Somethingorother in there, and then in there under Cargo ID I put the VIN in for my car (the dealer had emailed me a scan of the specs, and had the VIN on there).

Sure enough, pulled up the tracking details on the ship, the lot the car was in (55 other cars), and where it was at different dates, etc.

Looks like the ship for mine started in Sweden (Swedish registered as well), then went to Liverpool, picked up the lot of 55 mine was in (and sat on the docks for at a week), and then sat a bit more after being loaded (presumably it takes a long time to load).

Then over to Halifax NS, then down to Baltimore (where the 55 were unloaded), and then up to New York.

Mine hit the Baltimore port, which is pretty common for cars it seems from other searches I did, but cleared customs in NJ..

In Baltimore it was loaded onto a car carrier truck, and I have no tracking for that.

Was in Baltimore 7/9.
Was supposed to hit dealer today 7/16, but haven't heard from them yet.

Will hopefully hear/see more by tomorrow.

Anyway, if you like logistics and are waiting on yours, have fun. Was something new for me.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

I think it was unigineer that posted that link in a thread about a month ago. Some have had success with tracking their cars using that link, but I have been unsuccessful. My VIN returns no records found. Only pattern I've noticed is that people reporting success seem to be on the east coast and I'm on the west coast so maybe Jaguar uses a different shipping company for west coast deliveries.

At this point, it really doesn't matter anymore. Per my dealer, my car is still on schedule to arrive next thursday (per Jaguar's dealer report) so only a week to go for me. :-)

Old 07-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by another_geek
I think it was unigineer that posted that link in a thread about a month ago.
Oops! Sorry - wasn't aware of that, didn't mean to have a repost - I thought I was fairly active here and didn't see it.

arrive next thursday (per Jaguar's dealer report) so only a week to go for me. :-)
Exciting!

Mine was supposed to be today/tomorrow, so we shall see. There is a flood warning in effect, so knowing my luck this one will get flooded and then I will have another 4 months to custom order.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

I think it was unigineer that posted that link in a thread about a month ago. Some have had success with tracking their cars using that link, but I have been unsuccessful. My VIN returns no records found. Only pattern I've noticed is that people reporting success seem to be on the east coast and I'm on the west coast so maybe Jaguar uses a different shipping company for west coast deliveries.

At this point, it really doesn't matter anymore. Per my dealer, my car is still on schedule to arrive next thursday (per Jaguar's dealer report) so only a week to go for me. :-)
You have to use all capitol letters.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I saw @uniguneer's post with that link also. I'm looking forward to using it in a few weeks.

@omgomg - glad you were able to track your R. What happened to you was horrible. Glad it worked out for you to get the R.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
You have to use all capitol letters.
. I did. still no luck.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

. I did. still no luck.
Maybe you need to check with your dealer to see if they gave you the correct VIN. It works for me every time but only if I use capitols.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:10 PM

They sent me a PDF copy of the report. I tried other VINs from the report also with no success. (Other cars the dealer had on order)

Old 07-16-2014, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Can hardly wait until I get my VIN so I can start tracking...lol!

Old 07-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Old 07-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your dealer should be giving you frequent updates.

That's what I do.

Paul

Old 07-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't even properly introduced myself. Because I am still waiting for my F-Type and can't post photos. These guys at the Jaguar factory are forum terrorists!