Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 05:28 PM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Thoughts

All
Has anyone reached out to various performance shops or have information in regard too
1, super charger ported? GM EFI Magazine (gm-efi.com)
2, Darton sleeves creating a closed deck
3, Crank work such and knife edged, micro polished and balanced Technology | Winberg Crankshafts

I know some shops/companies offer services such as custom work as reverse engineering crankshafts, and engine internals. The link for the supercharger is showing a CTV having the same supercharger being ported along with the throttle body. Darton offers a range of sleeves, and Winberg will take an existing crank to build their high-performance model. Is there more out there for our beloved F-types or is it just a dream?

Jaguar F-TYPE R AWD Coupe - Polaris White / Jet - Eventuri Intake, VAP Stage 3, VAP 200 cell catalyst, VAP Exhaust, VAP transmission tune.

Old 12-24-2021, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by pab74
All
Has anyone reached out to various performance shops or have information in regard too
1, super charger ported? GM EFI Magazine (gm-efi.com)
2, Darton sleeves creating a closed deck
3, Crank work such and knife edged, micro polished and balanced Technology | Winberg Crankshafts

I know some shops/companies offer services such as custom work as reverse engineering crankshafts, and engine internals. The link for the supercharger is showing a CTV having the same supercharger being ported along with the throttle body. Darton offers a range of sleeves, and Winberg will take an existing crank to build their high-performance model. Is there more out there for our beloved F-types or is it just a dream?

Jaguar F-TYPE R AWD Coupe - Polaris White / Jet - Eventuri Intake, VAP Stage 3, VAP 200 cell catalyst, VAP Exhaust, VAP transmission tune.
Certainly do whatever you like with your car. As it relates to the items you laid out here, I am not aware of many or any doing any of this. There was a member on here some time ago that was doing the porting/polishing, but then dropped off (Boom??..Don't know).

Based on the platform here with the 5.0 L, Eaton S/C (1900 TVS), ZF 8HP 70 HIS Trans., etc.. I think the bolt ons and tunes many have done get this platform about to it's reasonable max. Also, these cars are portly...So if you are looking for a rocket, I might start with a lighter base car.

To get these cars much past where you can with all of the Bolt-Ons/tunes, I think you have to start considering a built engine (Connect Rods, Heads...or at least head bolts, Pistons, Fueling, etc.).

Anything can be done with enough $$ and effort. Not sure what the goal is? And if the goal is a rocket...a lighter base platform is likely a better start (Like my 911 Turbo...Power - Weight ratio is insane, and can beat most any car or even motorcycle).

Good luck with whatever you are shooting for.

DC

Old 12-24-2021, 08:10 PM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

DC,

Thank you for the reply. I know the F-type will never be the fastest on the street, but it sure would be something to see a fully built engine pushing higher boost. I am surprised that the block is not a closed design from the factory as it can reduce many issues provided by increased boost. My main goal is to make improvements in weight reduction and power where possible I am going to start working on weight reduction such as carbon wheels, anti-gravity battery and brakes. The 911 is one of the ultimate all around platforms and then there is always 9 second GTR builds but in my opinion The F-type is work of art and the pure look of the car is second to none.

I will have to see where is takes me as far as the build goes and will continue to research options. Have a great holiday and thanks again for the reply