F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this F type, trade in my V6S?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 01:01 PM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
If it warrants this, return the car for a full refund. Then you can shop unconstrained for the next one instead of trying to balance trade-in.

In the future, take this as learning experience and always get your car inspected. Even if by the same dealer that selling the car, they are not going to go for a provable fraud and hide issues. Plus service department rarely on speaking terms with sales people and won't cover up for them.

Ha, well in this case they talked and both assured me that the car was never hit, I had my doubts as most used cars have been hit, and Im pretty good at telling paint work, my car was done very well, Id hope so as the dealership that covered up the prior accident was the one that fixed it, but accidentally forgot to disclose that, and then lied to me about it when confronted after heaving it checked with the paint depth on my own, then they accidentally gave me the repair notice, which was considerable, new bumper, headlight, painted hood etc etc, after that claimed that the dealership had changed hands over the that time and it was not in there system, but somehow there was just a printed copy of the repair notice for the previous owner just laying around, LOL

Old 03-07-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by SinF
Personally, I think you need to rethink your car experiences. You got F-type at 17. What are you going to top this off with? Can you afford true exotic like Lambo or Ferrari down the road? Because otherwise it will be more of the same from here.

Ideal car for your age demographic is a beater. Something you can learn to drive on without regrets, something that you have to learn about to keep in good working order, and something that has character/patina. Ideally with a stick shift, so you know how to drive one if you ever have to. Look into BRZ, WRX, Mustang, Charger, old police cruiser, VW GTI, Mazda Miata (put in rollbar if you get early ones). Older the better, and do as much as possible fixes and maintenance yourself. More clude-y fix, the better, so you can see how bad fix looks and fails - it will really help you down the line dealing with mechanics.
In the last 4 or so years of my short life, i've owned about 8 cars, first one being a slightly damaged nissan sentra, bought it at auction, fixed it, turned a profit, then made a deal for a manual and auto chevy s10, two of them, fixed them up flipped them, then got a 01 Honda civic coupe 5spd, really got stick down, charged people to learn how to drive on it, fixed it up flipped it, few more beaters, then my true first car was a clean Hummer H2 I got from a repo lot, put a lot of money into that truck, got flooded during Irma, then got an Infiniti q50 redsport, loved it, went back under lemon law, now the F type, and hopefully by the time I get bored of the F, I'll be able to afford a true exotic, and some more toys, really want to get myself an older Supra, and a 335IS, love all cars. need another hummer in my Life as well. So yes I have thought about how hard it will be to top this off, but hopefully I'll be able too, and also get my parents their dream cars, as If wasn't for them, I wouldn't have been in the position I am now.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Sounds like out and out fraud on the dealership's part. I'd take them to the matt on it. I detest fraud and shady business practices.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Sounds like out and out fraud on the dealership's part. I'd take them to the matt on it. I detest fraud and shady business practices.

Almost impossible to deal with good honest people anymore especially in the Automotive field, And I think that is the route I may have to take.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

If they failed disclose, return for a full refund. Then shop for your next car.