F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Rack deal

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

Tirerack does deals all the time to clear out their warehouses for new stock. As mentioned by @linklaw , the tire build dates aren't going to be the latest but they are kept in climate controlled environments so it won't be much of an issue.

The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 09:56 AM
Received 395 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by synthesis
In a case like this where it was an obvious pricing error, you have no problem taking advantage of that mistake? Call me old school, but most people used to be honest and would probably check the price. You do realize that somebody would have to pay for that for you, right? You're ok with that?
@synthesis This is not necessarily true. I purchased a set of Pirelli P-Zero tires at the end of last year for $119 each. They were older tires (but same date codes that came on my car originally), so I had no issues with purchasing them as a temporary measure until I could upgrade to the Michelin's in the future. My rears needed replacement and my fronts were still good, so this was an incredible deal. Not the first time I have had a deal like this from Tirerack, too bad I missed out on these.

Old 01-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

FYI, my tires just arrived - very fast shipping. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm reading this right, these two (rears) were made in the 43rd week of 2022 (October 23 - 29).

Old 01-04-2023, 12:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Clutch
FYI, my tires just arrived - very fast shipping. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm reading this right, these two (rears) were made in the 43rd week of 2022 (October 23 - 29). 
That's correct can't get much better than that!

Old 01-04-2023, 06:32 PM
Received 202 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by skizot
@synthesis This is not necessarily true. I purchased a set of Pirelli P-Zero tires at the end of last year for $119 each. They were older tires (but same date codes that came on my car originally), so I had no issues with purchasing them as a temporary measure until I could upgrade to the Michelin's in the future. My rears needed replacement and my fronts were still good, so this was an incredible deal. Not the first time I have had a deal like this from Tirerack, too bad I missed out on these.
My point was that when this type of deal is offered, one would expect an explanation [or at least a SALE indication]. Otherwise, the assumption should be that there was an error in pricing made. Is the correct thing to do to take advantage of such? I don't believe so.

How would any of us like it if a mistake was to our disadvantage [like a bank error] and somebody at the bank decided not to say anything?

Old 01-04-2023, 07:58 PM

My point was that when this type of deal is offered, one would expect an explanation [or at least a SALE indication]. Otherwise, the assumption should be that there was an error in pricing made. Is the correct thing to do to take advantage of such? I don't believe so. How would any of us like it if a mistake was to our disadvantage [like a bank error] and somebody at the bank decided not to say anything?
Bank error...that's personal! This is a large corporation we're dealing with. I run a business if we make a mistake on our pricing. We eat it 95% of the time unless we have terms stating other wise..this is common, and even grocery stores will honor the price mistake most of the time. It's called customer service...would I recommend tire rack YES why? Tirerack were great gave me a deal on tires...maybe a mistake on tirerack but they went through and shipped at the advertised price. They don't care about the loss of revenue they most likely can even write it off. Look at all the free advertising they are getting, bet they make that money back!

Old 01-04-2023, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ftypess
Bank error...that's personal! This is a large corporation we're dealing with. I run a business if we make a mistake on our pricing. We eat it 95% of the time unless we have terms stating other wise..this is common, and even grocery stores will honor the price mistake most of the time. It's called customer service...would I recommend tire rack YES why? Tirerack were great gave me a deal on tires...maybe a mistake on tirerack but they went through and shipped at the advertised price. They don't care about the loss of revenue they most likely can even write it off. Look at all the free advertising they are getting, bet they make that money back!
If the pig's feet is mis-priced by 59 cents, no biggie, but we're talking several hundred dollars here. But that's not the point. Again, if it were your business and a customer brought a several hundred dollar mistake to your attention, I am sure you would really appreciate their honesty and integrity. At some point [and hopefully soon], people will no longer find it acceptable to rationalize such things.

Old 01-04-2023, 11:13 PM

If the pig's feet is mis-priced by 59 cents, no biggie, but we're talking several hundred dollars here. But that's not the point. Again, if it were your business and a customer brought a several hundred dollar mistake to your attention, I am sure you would really appreciate their honesty and integrity. At some point [and hopefully soon], people will no longer find it acceptable to rationalize such things.
We can go back and forth on this forever. Do you even know if this was a mistake on tirerack??? Maybe they had to much stock and wanted to dump, it is winter in most parts...if it makes you feel better I understand what your saying...​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Old 01-05-2023, 07:03 AM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

They have Bridgestone Potenza's up for $176 front and $139 rear each. But I'm afraid to order in case it's a mistake (NOT)!

I don't think the original post was a mistake price, and even if it was, it's a drop in the bucket to TireRack or any volume business.

Old 01-05-2023, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by mcphill
They have Bridgestone Potenza's up for $176 front and $139 rear each. But I'm afraid to order in case it's a mistake (NOT)! I don't think the original post was a mistake price, and even if it was, it's a drop in the bucket to TireRack or any volume business.
If the Michelin come up for $169 I will buy everything they have in stock and flip for profit 😂🤣 I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers...spoken like a true capitalist 😂

skizot (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 11:45 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My bundle of sticky rubber sweetness has arrived.

skizot (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ftypess
We can go back and forth on this forever. Do you even know if this was a mistake on tirerack??? Maybe they had to much stock and wanted to dump, it is winter in most parts...if it makes you feel better I understand what your saying...​​​​​​​
Based on what transpired, it seems as if it was a mistake. I've bought from them [I just bought my H&R lower springs from them at a discount and there was a full explanation that H&R was discontinuing that particular design] since the 70's [or whenever they started up] and they have always been very upfront with pricing [always noting sales/discounts]. But that wasn't really the point.

We've just been through an era in this country where just about everything not nailed down has been stolen or corrupted. Most of this has happened in the light of day with nobody in any position of power bothering to notice. Unfortunately, this type of behavior quickly metastasizes and not so great behaviors become wide spread and perfectly acceptable. You get what you can get ['cause nobody cares].

I've had more than enough of it and thought that suggesting that we should not take advantage of others mistakes [no matter who they are] was not such a bad message to put out there. After all, and in the end, there is truly no free lunch.

Old 01-05-2023, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by mcphill
I don't think the original post was a mistake price, and even if it was, it's a drop in the bucket to TireRack or any volume business.
This is how many people think. It's a shame.

Old 01-05-2023, 12:22 PM
Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Can you move on from complaining about something that happens all the time and harping on everyone? Even in the "good ol days" these things happened, dont take it so seriously. Its not like they are going to have to lay off a bunch of people because of a little spilled milk. They caught the mistake (hence the updated pricing) and in a big props to Tire Rack they honored the ones who snagged it. That in and of itself will attract customers since its an honorable company. My company makes these mistakes all the time - we honor them because it will bring them back!

Congrats to @DNAer on snagging the deal!

/Thread

Ftypess (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 12:38 PM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Yes, tire rack is large but it doesn't mean it built to lose money and lets not forget that large companies are operated by regular people who could ultimately be impacted by poor business practices etc. That said, maybe it was a flash sale. Things happen and I have been on both sides of it - sold an item on ebay immediately after pricing it very incorrectly and one other time had a nice person alert me that my price might an error - and it was ($995 instead of the intended $6995 - pretty big difference). Also, the good ole days weren't as great as some recall.

Old 01-05-2023, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb
Can you move on from complaining about something that happens all the time and harping on everyone? Even in the "good ol days" these things happened, dont take it so seriously. Its not like they are going to have to lay off a bunch of people because of a little spilled milk. They caught the mistake (hence the updated pricing) and in a big props to Tire Rack they honored the ones who snagged it. That in and of itself will attract customers since its an honorable company. My company makes these mistakes all the time - we honor them because it will bring them back!

Congrats to @DNAer on snagging the deal!

/Thread
I understand why you [and everybody else] must honor them. That's not the point. The point is to be honest when possible and not gloat about taking advantage of an obvious mistake. End of conversation.

Old 01-06-2023, 05:02 PM

Received tires today Thank you @DNAer

Old 01-06-2023, 05:03 PM

Old 01-06-2023, 05:03 PM

DNAer (01-06-2023)