Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 09:13 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Dad always said, "if you can't see the air in them, they're still good!"

The following users liked this post:
SouthSider (06-09-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 08:40 AM
Received 303 Likes on 198 Posts

I researched several tires that are recommended for Fs. Of course it depends on weather, usage (track or not). I chose the Continental ExtremeContact DWS (Dry Winter Snow). What's kind of neat is that there are wear bars on the tires, marked D W S and when the S (Snow) bar is worn off, then your driveablility in snow is decreased, then same with W (wet). The tires are quiet on just about all road surfaces here is North Central Wisconsin.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:19 AM
Received 24 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tires

Originally Posted by crashxx
I know this has been asked a million time, but I'm looking to replace my P Zeros within the next two weeks. We have our first long distance road trip coming up and I'd like soem fresh shoes on the F-Type. We're in western Oklahoma so the winters do get cold and I'd prefer some tires that would work all year. The majority of our driving will be above 40F. Could I have your recommendations please!
I have been a long time fan of Pirelli P4 Four Season Plus 98H tires. They have always worn well, are quiet, and have a 90,000 mile tread life. I have had them on all of my cars, even non-Jags (oh the horror!) for many years. Wet, dry, ice, snow conditions and these have served well. I have them rotated every 5k, including the full size spare rotated in the schedule. Currently, I have a new set on my '95 VDP, my '89 XJS, and my '03 GMC Sonoma (2wd). I'm very happy with these tires.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this has been asked a million time, but I'm looking to replace my P Zeros within the next two weeks. We have our first long distance road trip coming up and I'd like soem fresh shoes on the F-Type. We're in western Oklahoma so the winters do get cold and I'd prefer some tires that would work all year. The majority of our driving will be above 40F. Could I have your recommendations please!
I love my Michelin PS4S tires for 40 degrees and above. They have amazing grip and are so much better in the cold and wet than the Pirellis.

If you do need something for snow and ice too, I recommend Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s

Old 06-10-2021, 09:28 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the Michelin AS+ on my 2007 XK. Awesome. Quiet and smooth.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tires...

Just had Continental DWS06's put on my 2013 XK here in sunny Florida - a great tire for a reasonable price.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am using BFGoodrich Ultra-High Performance All-season tires on my 2002 X-Type 3.0, 225/40R18 g-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus on MODA 8/18" wheels from Tire Rack.
I have about 7,000 miles on them and they hold very well in the curves and are quiet.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, at my dealership here for an all-season option in northern Illinois, we use either Continental DWS06 Plus, or Bridgestone RE980. I carry both in stock. Both are very good tires.

robtroxel (06-11-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 10:53 AM
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I thought about waiting on the PS AS 4's but I might just go with PS 4's. We don't drive it much in the winter. Not concerned with tread life. This car is a toy so we won't put 5K per year on it. I appreciate all the input.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:56 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Something different

I had Michelin and Perelli. I went rogue and tried Lexani. I prefer tires with 4 wide rain grooves, but they make everything and they are great tires. I personally run 207’s in 18”.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:57 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tires

My favorite Continental DWS.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S+ for many years on my 2005 XJR and am very pleased! They grip well in all weather.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:04 AM
Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts

I still have the original P Zero's on my car and they currently have 7200 miles them. During my recent state inspection at the dealership I was told that my rears still have a little life in them and my fronts have a lot of life (5K miles) left. Is there any thing wrong with replacing the rear tires with Michelin PS4's now and waiting until spring tp replace the fronts with the same Michelins? Will the two different brands at unequal wear levels cause any issues with handling, performance and comfort? Thanks.

Old 06-10-2021, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Portlander
I still have the original P Zero's on my car and they currently have 7200 miles them. During my recent state inspection at the dealership I was told that my rears still have a little life in them and my fronts have a lot of life (5K miles) left. Is there any thing wrong with replacing the rear tires with Michelin PS4's now and waiting until spring tp replace the fronts with the same Michelins? Will the two different brands at unequal wear levels cause any issues with handling, performance and comfort? Thanks.
There are FAR more qualified individuals than I here but I suspect that my friends at Continental Tire would say that no matter what brand you use mix-matching tires [brands and/or models] surely cannot be optimum. And with your stunning new—to you—SVR—why compromise?

My 2-cents.

Portlander (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 12:39 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I took a risk 2 years ago on Delinte tires. I was very disappointed with other major brands. I bought Delinte and find them to be far superior in every respect with the exception of cornering. I'd give them a 4 out of 5 on cornering. In every other respect - excellent traction wet or dry, very low noise, great feel, steady at high speeds, extremely durable, good looks, they get 5 out of 5. See the latest D7 or even the newer D8 ... https://delintetires.com/tires/d7

Old 06-10-2021, 01:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

When I bought my X351, the summer tires were adequate but living in the mountains I will be changing them for Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 . Should get me May to October, they handle heavy snow in fall and spring but my Toyo Observes will be coming out again from 1st of November for sure.
I would also add that Toyo Tires are a Japanese not Chinese brand and Toyo USA are headquartered in California.

Last edited by Ian1208; 06-10-2021 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:09 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Flynnstone
I have the Michelin AS+ on my 2007 XK. Awesome. Quiet and smooth.
I’ll add, I chose performance all season due to temperature range spec. Potential tire problems with high perf tire and below freezing temps.
I’ll also add, think twice (or more) about buying Chinese tires.

Old 06-10-2021, 02:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We highly recommend that you don't mix brands if at all possible unless the load capacity, speed rating and tread design are almost identical unless in an emergency. It will also cause problems with the TPMS sensors and wheel speed sensors.

Portlander (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 02:33 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by mmroz
We highly recommend that you don't mix brands if at all possible unless the load capacity, speed rating and tread design are almost identical unless in an emergency. It will also cause problems with the TPMS sensors and wheel speed sensors.
How does it mess with the TPMS sensors? Surely they're just looking at the air temps inside the tyre?

JgaXkr (06-17-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 05:40 PM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

Michelin everytime, you will never consider P Zero again when you experience the difference

Quick Reply: Tires, tires, tires