F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today I ordered a 2016 F Type R AWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Your not the only one. I am still waiting when I was told it would arrive at he dealer on 4/17. Just called again and they have no idea where it is or when its coming in they just said soon. Their definition of soon and mine are quite different.

Have to turn in my Leased car by 5/2. hope its in by then.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:04 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Look forward to seeing pictures/descriptions of Blackberry. Good luck!

Old 04-23-2015, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR
Did anyone have any clue as to HOW the Transmission module got "destroyed"?
Flash failed in all likelihood, or they accidentally put V6 software on my V8 car or something of that nature. It happens, I manage to do it to our test Jeeps a few times a year. But I also have the knowledge and means to fix it in a timely manner; port employees do not. I understand this as a delay, but I'm upset that I was lied to about the software flash having been already done.

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Mine has been sitting in Halifax Autoport for over a week. Jaguar Canada says that it will get on a train "within the week".
Mine has been sitting in the port since 3/2...

Originally Posted by Nightsounds
Your not the only one. I am still waiting when I was told it would arrive at he dealer on 4/17. Just called again and they have no idea where it is or when its coming in they just said soon. Their definition of soon and mine are quite different.

Have to turn in my Leased car by 5/2. hope its in by then.
I was told my car would arrive on 3/20, then 3/28, then 4/7, then 4/15, then 4/18, then 4/22... And now no ETA. Consider yourself lucky so far.

Latest update is that I've demanded a loaner.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Stohlen, I feel for ya.

Meanwhile for some comedy relief, loading at the port...

Attached Thumbnails Today I ordered a 2016 F Type R AWD-image.jpg  

Last edited by DuhCar; 04-23-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Stohlen, I feel for ya.

Meanwhile for some comedy relief, loading at the port...
I can honestly say that I never thought anyone would stack any type of car like a row of dominoes...

Old 04-23-2015, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,603 Likes on 861 Posts

What should be an extremely pleasant and exciting experience - the anticipated arrival of a new car! - is turning into quite a bit less than that, if not a nightmare for some.

I read, several years, an excellent article, in WIRED magazine about stress. it mentioned that THE MOST stressful feeling one can have are those situations where one doesn't have [any] control over it. While hardly life or death - attempting to put it into perspective (a good thing I'd say) - this has the ear-marks of that written all over it.

Good luck to those in-wait.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
What should be an extremely pleasant and exciting experience - the anticipated arrival of a new car! - is turning into quite a bit less than that, if not a nightmare for some.

I read, several years, an excellent article, in WIRED magazine about stress. it mentioned that THE MOST stressful feeling one can have are those situations where one doesn't have [any] control over it. While hardly life or death - attempting to put it into perspective (a good thing I'd say) - this has the ear-marks of that written all over it.
I would agree with this completely. The combined stress and anger of not having any control keeps me up at night.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:33 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
I would agree with this completely. The combined stress and anger of not having any control keeps me up at night.
At this point it is crazy. A week or two would be explainable but its been a month since AWD-R cars have been showing up at dealers.

At this point if you can locate a comparable car at another dealer you should just buy that.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Lucky *******. Mine is still sitting in the port with a destroyed transmission module. Missed another promised ship date yesterday with no new ETA. Jaguar tried to tell me I'm not the only one facing these delays but I find that very hard to believe...
You have been the most patient person on here. I hope you get some sort of concession after all you have been through. At least the car will be right when you get it.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Stohlen,

I think I'd back away from the deal at this point based just upon principle.

However, I'm not one to be hung up on custom-ordered cars, with every little detail I might have decided to select on the order form. If it were me, I'd have no problem finding a car in dealer stock that I'd be delighted with. Backing away now might give you more leverage with your dealer.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
At this point if you can locate a comparable car at another dealer you should just buy that.
Personally, and assuming the blame/fault lands on your dealer (versus JLR), I think that that's an excellent idea. Walk away and find what you want - or damn close to - elsewhere.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 04-23-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:46 PM

Except that the one he ordered is what he wanted and he has invested a lot of time and effort making it happen. I would stick it out at this point but never set foot in the showroom afterwards.

I bought mine online, mostly by text message, and flew to another state to drive it home. Beautiful two day drive in the car of my dreams, no hassles, no waiting. Not sure that Stohlen lives in a place where he has those options - Scandanavia isn't it?

Old 04-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member

Personally, and assuming the blame/fault lands on your dealer (versus JLR), I think that that's an excellent idea. Walk away and find what you want - or damn close to - elsewhere.

I believe in no way is any of this the fault of the dealer. The dealer entered my order into the system on the first day it was open with me watching. As of right now they've done everything in their power to get this car here as soon as possible. They received two 16' F Type Rs a week ago that were built well after mine, and the software flash issue is clearly JLR's fault. I see no reason to blame anyone but Jaguar on this one. They've been the ones falsely reporting expected delivery dates, lying about the status of my vehicle and holding it at the port... all things the dealer cannot do anything about.

The dealer did however give me a 15' XF as a loaner last night until my F Type arrives and I can take delivery. I demanded this when I spoke to corporate yesterday, who told me the replacement module has still not arrived at the port as of 4/23, even though it was supposed to be done and shipped on 4/22.

I'm afraid there are no 16' F Type R's anywhere near Detroit and you have to go even further to get a white one. Plus I still want to keep my extremely early build if I can. I have the lowest VIN I've seen so far.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Nookieman
Except that the one he ordered is what he wanted and he has invested a lot of time and effort making it happen. I would stick it out at this point but never set foot in the showroom afterwards.

I bought mine online, mostly by text message, and flew to another state to drive it home. Beautiful two day drive in the car of my dreams, no hassles, no waiting. Not sure that Stohlen lives in a place where he has those options - Scandanavia isn't it?
Haha Detroit might as well be Scandinavia. And again I don't think the dealership did anything wrong. They've been quite helpful and great at putting up with my frustrations. They're even hooking me up with a bunch of free gear when my car arrives in addition to the aforementioned loaner they provided yesterday.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member

I believe in no way is any of this the fault of the dealer. The dealer entered my order into the system on the first day it was open with me watching. As of right now they've done everything in their power to get this car here as soon as possible. They received two 16' F Type Rs a week ago that were built well after mine, and the software flash issue is clearly JLR's fault. I see no reason to blame anyone but Jaguar on this one. They've been the ones falsely reporting expected delivery dates, lying about the status of my vehicle and holding it at the port... all things the dealer cannot do anything about.

The dealer did however give me a 15' XF as a loaner last night until my F Type arrives and I can take delivery. I demanded this when I spoke to corporate yesterday, who told me the replacement module has still not arrived at the port as of 4/23, even though it was supposed to be done and shipped on 4/22.

I'm afraid there are no 16' F Type R's anywhere near Detroit and you have to go even further to get a white one. Plus I still want to keep my extremely early build if I can. I have the lowest VIN I've seen so far.
Then your loyalty to the dealer is well-placed.

Good luck.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Excellent - glad that suggestion bore a little fruit for you!

The following users liked this post:
Stohlen (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Excellent - glad that suggestion bore a little fruit for you!
Yes! A terrific idea!

The following users liked this post:
OzRisk (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 09:55 AM

I was lied to all last summer by Jaguar regarding parts for my F-Type and can totally relate. Bumper cover that was supposedly shipped, was told it was sitting in customs, wasn't shipped after all, was to be picked off the assembly line, never happened, special packaging, never happened, air freight, never happened, shipped to the wrong dealer, never happened blah blah blah. I got comped a couple of payments in the end.

Fortunately the car was shipped to a different shop where it was found to be totalled or I might still be waiting.

i will say that the car is worth waiting for but heaven help us all if we need parts that are not in the U.S.A. in our hour of need.

I lost a lot of sleep agonizing over the repairs that weren't happening to my satisfaction before I finally got to start over in a new car. Very sympathetic Stohlen and truly hope you get yours soon and that it is everything you hoped it would be.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Lack of information is one thing (and bad enough) but lying is another matter entirely and not acceptable in my opinion.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:07 AM

Lack of information is one thing (and bad enough) but lying is another matter entirely and not acceptable in my opinion.
I agree completely. It is remarkably short-sighted. I would much rather have the painful truth than a litany of false excuses. In my case I think k the truth was the bumper cover supplier was on summer holiday.

Not sure what the real story is for Stohlen's car but I suspect they had to redo something that was time consuming and are making excuses for it.

Quick Reply: Today I ordered a 2016 F Type R AWD