Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today I ordered a 2016 F Type R AWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Nookieman
I agree completely. It is remarkably short-sighted. I would much rather have the painful truth than a litany of false excuses. In my case I think k the truth was the bumper cover supplier was on summer holiday.

Not sure what the real story is for Stohlen's car but I suspect they had to redo something that was time consuming and are making excuses for it.
The truth may hurt (from time to time) BUT it's the ONLY way to do business in my opinion. And if there's a problem, mistake, error, etc., etc., etc. THE ONLY MANNER IN WHICH TO CORRECT IT IS TO TELL THE TRUTH. Fess up and come clean. I doubt that anyone would not only accept that but respect and appreciate that. Like I said, the ONLY way to do business. If I'm lied to, once, I'm done.

The end result, assuming Stohlen & Co. gets his/their cars, they might be left with a bad taste in his/their mouths but they will surely have big smiles on his/their faces at the same time.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default At last

My F-type finally arrived Friday night I picked her up Saturday morning. Enjoyed the rest of the weekend just driving. Well worth the wait.

was a bit worried about getting the blackberry color sight unseen but the color is awesome and very classy.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightsounds
My F-type finally arrived Friday night I picked her up Saturday morning. Enjoyed the rest of the weekend just driving. Well worth the wait.

was a bit worried about getting the blackberry color sight unseen but the color is awesome and very classy.
need pics!

Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 AM

Pics are coming need to wait for a sunny day otherwise the car just looks Storm gray.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Pics are coming need to wait for a sunny day otherwise the car just looks Storm gray.
I can't wait to see the pics. I have phoned a few dealers wanting to see the Black Berry, but not have any or any on order I have been told.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:33 PM

it is a rare color I have not seen it on the road or at any dealers in my area at all. Even my dealer had not seen it before my car arrived. Hard to photograph since it comes out Dark grey in pictures but think Storm Grey with a hint of a purple tint. Will try and get some good shots in the sun.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:40 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,114 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Cloudy/rainy shots followed later by sunny shots would also work.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:42 AM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

it is a rare color I have not seen it on the road or at any dealers in my area at all. Even my dealer had not seen it before my car arrived. Hard to photograph since it comes out Dark grey in pictures but think Storm Grey with a hint of a purple tint. Will try and get some good shots in the sun.
How you like the car so far? Hope you can post a couple pictures, really would really like to see the Black Berry!

Old 04-28-2015, 11:33 AM

Love this car so much fun to drive. I stopped at the store yesterday and had 2 people stop and take pictures with their cell phones.

I will try and get some decent pics soon. The color looks great with my 19" orbit diamond cut wheels and black pack.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

57 days sitting in the port so far, still no estimated arrival date of the module or shipment date of the vehicle.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
57 days sitting in the port so far, still no estimated arrival date of the module or shipment date of the vehicle.
with alot of 2016's sitting on the lots now, can your dealer find you one like you ordered?

Old 04-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
I feel very sorry for you.

There are 20 white R's on cargurus - I'm sure you can find one in inventory somewhere else by now.

I know for a fact my dealer has a white one due in any day - happy to pick you up at ORD

Old 04-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i guys i live in socal so the AC is pretty important. does anyone have any complaints about the AC? since i have the glass roof it seems like the heat from the sun is getting in pretty easy.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by vic.123
hey i guys i live in socal so the AC is pretty important. does anyone have any complaints about the AC? since i have the glass roof it seems like the heat from the sun is getting in pretty easy.
Close the shade? Haven't had mine during a hot summer day yet, but the AC blows cold.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:56 PM

This is crazy. You should not have to wait this long for one car when so many others are being shipped all over the states.

I know you are interested in a low build number but I would hit jaguar up for a great deal on another car. i dont know how you are holding up for so long after 2 extra weeks I was going crazy. You are a better man then I.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Somebody should close this thread.

The OP should just cancel his order and buy one with a clean delivery. At this point it is highly likely the car was heavily damaged and is delayed because they are waiting for parts to complete the repair at the VPC.

Since then decision is so obvious its a waste of everyone's times to read this thread.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by vic.123
No issues with the AC, and it gets pretty hot here in Australia in summer.

You do know you can just slide the roof blind closed on hot days, don't you? A window tint helps too.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Since the decision is so obvious its a waste of everyone's times to read this thread.
Since I have another 85 days to wait until my car arrives, I enjoy the opportunity to waste my time. I just wish for Stohlen's sake it wasn't at his expense.

Last edited by Unhingd; 04-28-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

The OP should just cancel his order and buy one with a clean delivery. At this point it is highly likely the car was heavily damaged and is delayed because they are waiting for parts to complete the repair at the VPC.

Since then decision is so obvious its a waste of everyone's times to read this thread.
Close the thread??? What a silly suggestion.

I think a large number of us (including me) are interested in the progress of the OP's story, and hopefully, we're giving him an outlet to vent his frustration to a group who understand his anticipation and excitement at taking delivery of one of the best cars in the world right now. Well, at least MOST of us understand - I won't include you in that group if you consider it a waste of your time, Stealth.

The following 3 users liked this post by OzRisk:
DuhCar (04-28-2015), Foosh (04-29-2015), Unhingd (04-28-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 08:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

In all reality sourcing another car close enough to what I ordered (I'm not paying $100k+ and not getting exactly what I want) will take longer than it will for the damn thing to get here. The closest F type in white period is over 100 miles away, and nothing on cars.com currently matches what I ordered. There has been no indication that my vehicle was heavily damaged in any way, so i cannot assume this, but i obviously will inspect the car thoroughly when it arrives.

Quick Reply: Today I ordered a 2016 F Type R AWD