F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today I ordered a 2016 F Type R AWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015 | 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

Stohlen,
I feel for you. Don't let the frustrations of the delivery delay hinder your enjoyment of the car when it does arrive.
Best of luck to you.

Old 04-14-2015 | 07:54 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Stohlen,
I feel for you. Don't let the frustrations of the delivery delay hinder your enjoyment of the car when it does arrive.
Best of luck to you.
I certainly won't if it performs as it should. I know my patience is lacking in my young age. But still.

Old 04-16-2015 | 01:28 AM

Hey guys I got my f type r today. So far I love it. I got it for 106 an change Plus taxes. they gave $2000 off sticker price. So it would have been 108. Any other info let me know. Thanks for your guys help

Old 04-16-2015 | 07:53 AM
Veteran Member

Congratulations and Happy Motoring!

Old 04-16-2015 | 09:44 AM
|
Veteran Member

My dealer received two 2016 Rs Tuesday for other customers who ordered after me. Annoying to say the least. The Corporate Manager from Jaguar told me that my vehicle was flashed with new TCM software yesterday in addition to the Radio software that was the cause of the port hold. They are trying to ship by this weekend. So my guess is to see my vehicle at the earliest, on the 27th after everything is done at the dealer. Looking like almost 3 weeks after everyone else.

Old 04-16-2015 | 01:58 PM

yea that's sounds familiar. My dealer told me the same thing about some new software . Hopefully you have yours soon.
Originally Posted by Stohlen
My dealer received two 2016 Rs Tuesday for other customers who ordered after me. Annoying to say the least. The Corporate Manager from Jaguar told me that my vehicle was flashed with new TCM software yesterday in addition to the Radio software that was the cause of the port hold. They are trying to ship by this weekend. So my guess is to see my vehicle at the earliest, on the 27th after everything is done at the dealer. Looking like almost 3 weeks after everyone else.

Old 04-16-2015 | 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Congratulations and Happy Motoring!
thank you sir

Old 04-16-2015 | 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

Mine was officially "dispatched for delivery" from port today. Dealer tells me 4 - 5 days to get from port in Brunswick, GA to Dallas, TX. (Who is he kidding? I can drive that in a day! Four or Five? Ugh...)

Then of course I have to wait a little more for dealer prep, window tint, and clear bra... It's the final countdown!

Old 04-16-2015 | 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by TXJagR
Mine was officially "dispatched for delivery" from port today. Dealer tells me 4 - 5 days to get from port in Brunswick, GA to Dallas, TX. (Who is he kidding? I can drive that in a day! Four or Five? Ugh...)
The transport truck will likely have numerous stops to make along the way - so it does add to the timetable.

Old 04-16-2015 | 05:30 PM

Then of course I have to wait a little more for dealer prep, window tint, and clear bra... It's the final countdown!
Good luck. It's worth the wait. I want to drive mine for about a week before I have to take it back for window tint. No complaints

Old 04-16-2015 | 05:58 PM
|
Veteran Member

Well this is most frustrating. Didn't yours just arrive at the port?!

My dealer said it usually takes 2 days (Baltimore to Detroit), but of course mine still hasn't been "dispatched for delivery". B@stards....

Old 04-16-2015 | 06:17 PM
Veteran Member

Well this is most frustrating. Didn't yours just arrive at the port?!

My dealer said it usually takes 2 days (Baltimore to Detroit), but of course mine still hasn't been "dispatched for delivery". B@stards....

Spent just a few days in port. Without digging back in posts or email, I think it got to port on Saturday. (4/11) Dealer said it was inspected and had the software update done. (What port did your arrive at? (Edit.... I see... Baltimore....) Possibly different back logs at different ports?) Brunswick actually looks like a pretty small port. might not be as busy or as backlogged...

Old 04-16-2015 | 06:28 PM
|
Veteran Member

Spent just a few days in port. Without digging back in posts or email, I think it got to port on Saturday. (4/11) Dealer said it was inspected and had the software update done. (What port did your arrive at? (Edit.... I see... Baltimore....) Possibly different back logs at different ports?) Brunswick actually looks like a pretty small port. might not be as busy or as backlogged...
Why did I bother ordering on the first day available if i'm going to be one of the last to get my car. Very frustrating. I have a very bad taste in my mouth about this brand so far.

Micks41 got his car almost immediately, he was on the same boat. For whatever reason it got pushed to the back of the line and forgotten. I'm suspicious there wasn't a greater problem with my vehicle, perhaps damage that needed to be fixed.

Last edited by Stohlen; 04-16-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2015 | 09:58 PM
|
Veteran Member

The latest in my saga comes today... Dealer said they heard word from their contact that the vehicle would be "all finished and ready for shipment" on Wednesday of this week. Mind you I was told that the needed transmission software was flashed last Wednesday and that they were going to do everything possible to ship my vehicle by the weekend. Obviously that has come and passed.

I contacted the executive liaison who is currently handling my case, and after calling him three times finally received a call back at 5pm. He told me that my vehicle needed a new Transmission Control Module, and that this was necessary because my current TCM wouldn't accept the flash. Now being in the industry, I know that they would have had modules on hand had new hardware been required for the flash... so this means someone screwed up when flashing my vehicle and ruined the TCM. I'm more upset that they lied to me, telling me the previous week that my car had already been updated when it has clearly not been than the fact that they will now have to dig the original TCM out of my vehicle and replace it.

Moral of the story is Jaguar continues to handle me extremely poorly as a customer. I think its safe to say I'll never order a new vehicle from them again. F&$k you jaguar.

Old 04-20-2015 | 10:57 PM

The latest in my saga comes today... Dealer said they heard word from their contact that the vehicle would be "all finished and ready for shipment" on Wednesday of this week. Mind you I was told that the needed transmission software was flashed last Wednesday and that they were going to do everything possible to ship my vehicle by the weekend. Obviously that has come and passed.

I contacted the executive liaison who is currently handling my case, and after calling him three times finally received a call back at 5pm. He told me that my vehicle needed a new Transmission Control Module, and that this was necessary because my current TCM wouldn't accept the flash. Now being in the industry, I know that they would have had modules on hand had new hardware been required for the flash... so this means someone screwed up when flashing my vehicle and ruined the TCM. I'm more upset that they lied to me, telling me the previous week that my car had already been updated when it has clearly not been than the fact that they will now have to dig the original TCM out of my vehicle and replace it.

Moral of the story is Jaguar continues to handle me extremely poorly as a customer. I think its safe to say I'll never order a new vehicle from them again. F&$k you jaguar.
Have you talked to your dealer about getting you a car that may already be in stock the same color and options or maybe getting you a better deal?

Old 04-21-2015 | 07:04 AM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SoCalJagS
Have you talked to your dealer about getting you a car that may already be in stock the same color and options or maybe getting you a better deal?
I haven't really considered it until now. I have a very low VIN number, the lowest I've seen so far for 2016. I wanted to keep that, but we're getting to the point where I just want my damn car.

Old 04-21-2015 | 07:35 AM
Veteran Member

Tell the dealer you want a loaner until the car arrives - the best they have. After repeated delays on our Q7 delivery, we got really cranky with the Audi dealer and demanded a loan vehicle - specially, an R8 V10 Spider in their showroom. They did arrange it, but then magically, the Q7 was delivered 3 days later. (Truthfully, that made all the delays worthwhile!)

Old 04-21-2015 | 08:26 AM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Tell the dealer you want a loaner until the car arrives - the best they have. After repeated delays on our Q7 delivery, we got really cranky with the Audi dealer and demanded a loan vehicle - specially, an R8 V10 Spider in their showroom. They did arrange it, but then magically, the Q7 was delivered 3 days later. (Truthfully, that made all the delays worthwhile!)
I hadn't thought of this, and it's not a bad idea. But at the same time I hate to put the dealer out. None of this is their fault, it's Jaguars. They've been extremely helpful (Jaguar of Troy) and are even giving me a bunch of free gear I didn't ask for. I don't want them to be out the cash for the loaner. (Unless jaguar pays for them somehow, I'm not aware)

Old 04-21-2015 | 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by OzRisk
How did the R8 V10 compare to the Jaguar?

Old 04-21-2015 | 08:55 AM

I haven't really considered it until now. I have a very low VIN number, the lowest I've seen so far for 2016. I wanted to keep that, but we're getting to the point where I just want my damn car.
Your right, the low vin and the fact you ordered the cars means a lot. Once you get your car all the frustration will be a distant memory.

Quick Reply: Today I ordered a 2016 F Type R AWD