F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded in my R for a Huracan!...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016 | 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by tai4de2

When my SVR comes I will evaluate it. I still love the F-Type.
Gorgeous... Love the car... Haven't seen one in that color.. I don't know if I would even consider the SVR, that Lambo is sweet. Either choice you make is a winner.. Good Luck...

Old 07-18-2016 | 08:29 PM
Veteran Member

Color is understated and cool. Very nice.

Old 08-06-2016 | 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
I don't understand wanting a convertible in Seattle or Portland, but if having a top down is a huge deal I guess... just can't park either in too many places.

Out of the 80 or so cars I've owned only had two convertibles and one was vandalized/cut constantly.
I've owned numerous convertibles and never once had a vandalism incident. So far however I am not really missing the convertible. I'll see how I feel when the SVR I ordered arrives. It's about to be loaded onto a truck and should be at my dealer in a few days.

I'll always have a soft spot for the F-Type... positively awesome vehicle and as far as I am concerned the absolute pinnacle of the non-exotic, non-supercar heap. The balance of comfort and performance is nearly perfect. It's the steering wheel moving up when I get in and out. It's the rear view mirrors automatically dipping when I reverse. It's the excellent visibility. It's the seats with lots of adjustments. It's the stereo system with many speakers. And so on -- all of which are things we take for granted in a typical "nice car" but none of which I have in the Huracan.

Still, the Huracan is on a whole other level. Hence the interest in comparing them directly when the SVR arrives.

Old 08-07-2016 | 09:49 AM
Veteran Member

Speaking of Huracans and people who park them...found this coming out of dinner the other night. What you can't tell from the picture is that we are a country mile away from other cars in the parking lot, and he still did the diagonal double park ridiculousness.

Old 08-08-2016 | 01:00 AM
Veteran Member

OT - the IRR is such an interesting color depending on the sun/ambient lighting.

The Lambo parking like that will not have to worry about door dings as much as a jealous lowlife with an egg or a rock. Just the world we live in.

Old 08-08-2016 | 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
OT - the IRR is such an interesting color depending on the sun/ambient lighting.

The Lambo parking like that will not have to worry about door dings as much as a jealous lowlife with an egg or a rock. Just the world we live in.
Agreed on both counts. At C&C Nashville last Saturday the sun was out and a passerby remarked that it was "candy apple." Love this color.

Old 08-08-2016 | 01:47 PM
Veteran Member

Is it really that much better than an F-Type to make it worth throwing 2-3 times more lease payments at it? Hard to believe, but I'll go check one out.

Old 08-10-2016 | 01:15 AM

There is no one answer to that question.

The Huracan is on a different plane. That's partly tangible -- tighter steering, double clutch, more premium build (and build quality), more horsepower, etc.

But it's also at least as much intangible -- the Italianate soul, design language, and OMG that sport exhaust on the V10 is sweet, sweet music that makes the F-Type's awesome exhaust note seem gimmicky and boorish.

Same question about any expensive luxury good really.

In this particular case I still haven't decided definitely yet.

The following users liked this post:
SinF (08-10-2016)