F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning v8s

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Tuning v8s

So saw some mixed reviews about the eurocharged tune and if it is detectable if you flash back to the OEM map or not. Eurocharge told me that it is not detectable at all once you go back to the oem file, while I read a post saying that a gentleman had his top malfunctione and the dealership noticed the tune and woided his Warranty. The thing he didn't state was if he reverted back to the stock map. Any help to shed some light on this would be amazing

Last edited by Prophizee; 10-11-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Received 856 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Prophizee
So saw some mixed reviews about the eurocharged tune and if it is detectable if you flash back to the OEM map or not. Eurocharge told me that it is not detectable at all once you go back to the oem file, while I read a post saying that a gentleman had his top malfunctione and the dealership noticed the tune and woided his Warranty. The thing he didn't state was if he reverted back to the stock map. Any help to shed some light on this would be amazing
When you flash the car with a non-original file, it will store a code (but not a warning light on the dash) for non-original software. When the original file is flashed back onto the car, the code will not be present.

However, there is a flash counter in the computer which is activated. So even with the original tune back in there, the one thing that's still detectable is the mismatch between the Jag dealer communication system and what your flash counter is set at.

If you're concerned about warranty, we can set you up with a duplicate of the SVR/Project 7 file, which is an OEM file/settings and which will add 80BHP to your output. Again, there's always risk but I think it would be a PR disaster if your warranty was voided on that basis.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Spitfire 77 (06-28-2023)
Old 10-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

It's pretty hard to believe that JLR could actually void the warranty on the top based on an ECU tune. They are totally unrelated.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogbreath!
It's pretty hard to believe that JLR could actually void the warranty on the top based on an ECU tune. They are totally unrelated.
There's specific laws in many countries that prohibit this. I doubt the story is true.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:31 PM

More than likely the dealer SAID something to the effect that the warranty was voided, but what they actually did was note the non-OEM software. Which may or may not affect a warranty claim in future - ie, if you put a rod through the side of the block there may be some pushback, but I agree, there's almost zero chance you won't get your convertible top fixed.

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Received 4,458 Likes on 2,427 Posts

There is already a thread with all the explanations here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...dealer-156909/

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
When you flash the car with a non-original file, it will store a code (but not a warning light on the dash) for non-original software. When the original file is flashed back onto the car, the code will not be present.

However, there is a flash counter in the computer which is activated. So even with the original tune back in there, the one thing that's still detectable is the mismatch between the Jag dealer communication system and what your flash counter is set at.
Sorry Stuart but that's not correct, once the P167F-00 code is set it will keep coming back every time the PCM is reflashed, even if you flash a stock file into the car with a dealers SDD system, also the date/time/mileage stamp of the code get's updated to when the last reflash was done. I've seen it first hand myself.

I have a file which is a modified F-Type R tune that can be flashed into a V8S using the SDD. Have put it in several cars now. The ones that had never been touched, no P167F-00 code is tripped. But the car that had previously been flashed using a KessV2 would keep popping up the P167F-00 every time, even after putting the stock/factory V8S tune back in with SDD, clearing codes, hard resets, forced resets, nothing will get rid of it...

Old 10-11-2016, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo
There is already a thread with all the explanations here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...dealer-156909/

Sorry Stuart but that's not correct, once the P167F-00 code is set it will keep coming back every time the PCM is reflashed, even if you flash a stock file into the car with a dealers SDD system, also the date/time/mileage stamp of the code get's updated to when the last reflash was done. I've seen it first hand myself.

I have a file which is a modified F-Type R tune that can be flashed into a V8S using the SDD. Have put it in several cars now. The ones that had never been touched, no P167F-00 code is tripped. But the car that had previously been flashed using a KessV2 would keep popping up the P167F-00 every time, even after putting the stock/factory V8S tune back in with SDD, clearing codes, hard resets, forced resets, nothing will get rid of it...
That is interesting because we have flashed several cars now that have been flashed back to stock and which have not seen the code re-occur. Both with Kess and PWG3.

Have you tried flashing back to stock with a KessV2 or PWG3 or are you basing this on flashing back to stock with SDD?

I'm not trying to be argumentative and I'm sure that what you're saying is accurate based on your experiences but it contradicts what we have experienced ourselves. Some of our customers are Jaguar main dealers who have confirmed this for me first hand.

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Received 4,458 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
That is interesting because we have flashed several cars now that have been flashed back to stock and which have not seen the code re-occur. Both with Kess and PWG3.

Have you tried flashing back to stock with a KessV2 or PWG3 or are you basing this on flashing back to stock with SDD?

I'm not trying to be argumentative and I'm sure that what you're saying is accurate based on your experiences but it contradicts what we have experienced ourselves. Some of our customers are Jaguar main dealers who have confirmed this for me first hand.
The particular car had been previously flashed with a KessV2 and then had the "stock file" flashed back in with the same Kess after the owner was not happy with the tune. The P167F-00 was there and was logged with the date/time/mileage from when it was flashed back to stock with the Kess.

After I flashed in a different tune with SDD, the P167F-00 remained and the time/date/mileage stamp was updated to the actual time/date/mileage.

The same car was reflashed again a few times with different tunes using SDD, some custom tunes, some stock ones, each time the P167F-00 remained and the date/time/mileage updated with each flash.

This all started because of the P167F-00 first being set by using the KessV2.

Once it's there, it's always going to be there and it will be updated after each subsequent reflash, using SDD, Kess, Powergate, K-Tag, whatever you like...

What i'm not 100% sure of is if other tools than SDD can actually see the P167F-00 code, it could be that a generic scan tool doesn't see it, only SDD.

Last edited by Cambo; 10-11-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:36 PM

Interesting, that certainly doesn't mirror our own experiences in checking for codes with SDD. Most definitely not with KTag.

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-11-2016, 10:37 PM

At any rate, our message has always been that irrespective of flashing back to stock, even if the code is not present that the flash counter won't match and there is always some level of risk. Anyone who gives you the '100% undetectable' line is being untruthful.

www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Cambo (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 11:04 PM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Well decided not to do the tune btw Mike bottie of phatbottie Tuning was going to do the flash...but decided against it for right now till next summer when i know everything is 100% since the car only had 2200 miles on it rather wait. Besides decided to get the quicksilver exhaust instead lol.