F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unique Auto CarPlay for inctp system.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 07:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Unique Auto CarPlay for inctp system.

So originally my dad got me a UAD CarPlay module, they originally said Harman unit. When I finally try to install the wire harness didn’t fit. I spoke to them and explained and they said I had to buy the ICTP8 module bc I have the new gen unit. I asked if I could just buy the wire harness needed. They said I needed new module. I got it and used the new harness on the original module and it works. Basically they just wanted to charge me another $700usd 🧐🤨. I wrote them again and asked if I could return the new module that I have not even used yet with the cables of the other unit and they just read and don’t reply. That’s unsavory.
attached you can see both units. If anyone needs a new unit with the Harman cables please dm me

Old 09-29-2021, 08:59 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry to hear about the BS you’re dealing with. Hope they get back to you and do the right thing.

But it’s definitely a nice little mod.

The following users liked this post:
HeinzXtype (09-29-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 08:57 AM
Received 395 Likes on 177 Posts

Have you attempted to use their chat feature off their website? Go to their website: Home - Unique Auto Developments (unique-ad.co.uk) and click on the chat feature lower right hand side. I just went on and they are online at the moment. I have never had an issue with their customer support and they have always responded. I know for certain they had an email outage the other day as well (I received an email about it), so could explain why they never got back to you. No excuses, I don't work for them, just trying to give you an avenue to get help.

The following users liked this post:
HeinzXtype (11-28-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 606 Likes on 410 Posts

Hopefully you paid by credit card. After trying chat/phone/email, send it back in a documented shipment (pictures/tracking number) and contest the charge.

Old 09-30-2021, 06:46 PM
Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

You should just ask your father what version he bought. I suspect he just bought what popped up first without specifying or supplying the correct vin to get the right model/ harness. It is unreasonable to expect UAD to cover the cost of his mistake. As an on seller they are not going split open a package to take out a harness and be left with a unit only which they can not sell themselves so having to write off the whole kit cost.
To expect them to do this or bemoan them for not doing this is unreasonable and entitled. They have a very good reputation that should not be smeared as unreasonable.
If on the other hand they sent you the wrong one despite you having ordered the correct version then fire away!!

Old 11-28-2021, 02:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i believe you are confusing the word “entitled” for customer service and customer satisfaction. the UAD device is the same exact on that aliexpress sells for $220usd. the only thing that UAD does is put the wire harness together for us. and they use the same case in a black instead of silver case. If i already bought 1 device and need a wire harness it’s very very greedy of them to charge me another $700usd for a wire. if you think it’s entitlement for me to expect them to SELL me a wire harness; then you must have limited empathy. in any case, i paid for two devices and was ripped off. just goes to show lack of consideration for customers. i also put in question your audacity to gaslight trying to say that it’s bad for me to expect customer satisfaction even after paying premium cost.
entitlement would have been to ask for it free. Reevaluate your words.
cheers!