F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upcoming Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 05:48 PM
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Tel
I'd say no problem at all in a coupé!...having just completed a Jaguar naked tour of France in our V8R Cabriolet.
Two of us, two up, luggage and extensive cleaning kit. It was a tight squeeze and we only managed to safely fit 4 bottles of wine in the boot to bring home!

The F-Type luggage kit is what we use. We have tried conventional soft wheelie bags used for holidays etc, and they are just not maleable enough to be 'moulded' into the small space in the cabriolet. They can be found on eGay at a reasonable price, but shipping to the states may be prohibitive.
I looked at the F-Type luggage set on-line, and it looks like a lot of soft packaging to me for every piece, 5 pieces total. I appreciate your suggestion but was thinking that for many items a garment bag or two would use less space than even a soft-sided suitcase. For smaller items and foldables, I think we'd go for a small suitcase. I didn't know that the tire jack had to be fit into that boxy cubby below trunk floor; I didn't know where it went. But I was counting on that space for extra boots, shoes, and bathroom kits. But then, if we're not carrying a spare tire, just why do we need to carry the jack?

We're planning road trips of 2 to 3 weeks in the car.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:08 AM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mjm3457
I didn't know that the tire jack had to be fit into that boxy cubby below trunk floor.
It only takes up the bottom 3" or so of the cubby. Still lots of room for other stuff on top of it. I like having the jack in the car with or without the spare so I can get the tire off for repairs and leave the car on the jack while that is happening. Not every hole can be plugged with the tire on the car.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:38 PM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Upcoming Road Trip

the convertible will, surprisingly, hold a quite large duffle bag across the width. I have a huge gear bag I use for track days that holds two helmets, driving shoes, and 4 days worth of clothes (most I've tried). the bag fits edge to edge, and squishes a little when I close the trunk, but it fits. go pro case, briefcase, etc.., fit in the weird flat space under the roof.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by spinningbull
the convertible will, surprisingly, hold a quite large duffle bag across the width. I have a huge gear bag I use for track days that holds two helmets, driving shoes, and 4 days worth of clothes (most I've tried). the bag fits edge to edge, and squishes a little when I close the trunk, but it fits. go pro case, briefcase, etc.., fit in the weird flat space under the roof.
+1. With soft bags and leaving your Gucci luggage at home you can easily fit a weeks worth of clothes for two, as long as it's not tuxedos, suits, fancy dresses and evening gowns. I also get a full shopping cart of groceries back there. You might not want to buy the 48-pack of paper towels.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
You might not want to buy the 48-pack of paper towels.
Ah, the famous Foosh "dry" humor at its best.