F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on custom F-type order!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 06:57 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Update on custom F-type order!

My dealer called me today and said they were able to amend an existing order to my specs! I should have the car sometime in December! Needless to say I was surprised by the phone call.
I know some of you have been having issues with custom orders, so I wanted to update you all on my experience so far.

**Edited to add build sheet

Last edited by Fireze22; 09-02-2021 at 07:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dwight Frye (09-03-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 07:19 PM

Blah... I was just told the car would be missing 2 options:

​​​​​​Keyless entry
Powered tailgate

The tailgate I can live with. The keyless entry is a major bummer.

The following users liked this post:
Nodnarb (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 08:36 PM
Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireze22
Blah... I was just told the car would be missing 2 options:

​​​​​​Keyless entry
Powered tailgate

The tailgate I can live with. The keyless entry is a major bummer.
Im surprised that (keyless entry) was even an optional feature... Seems like the flagship wouldnt come without it. Might be able to aftermarket install?

Old 09-02-2021, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb
Im surprised that (keyless entry) was even an optional feature... Seems like the flagship wouldnt come without it. Might be able to aftermarket install?
Those aren't options. They are deleting them due to the chip shortage.
The remote will work as normal, it's the proximity sensor that the car won't have. So I won't be able to lock and unlock the car from the door handle. I'll have to use the remote.

Im trying to figure out how much this will bother me. It's just the reality of the way things are now...

**and yes, it does look like I may be able to add this feature myself later. The powered tailgate I probably wouldn't mess with.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:34 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Have you negotiated a discount for the missing features?

Old 09-03-2021, 08:21 AM
Received 425 Likes on 174 Posts

Those aren't options. They are deleting them due to the chip shortage.
The remote will work as normal, it's the proximity sensor that the car won't have. So I won't be able to lock and unlock the car from the door handle. I'll have to use the remote.

Im trying to figure out how much this will bother me. It's just the reality of the way things are now...

**and yes, it does look like I may be able to add this feature myself later. The powered tailgate I probably wouldn't mess with.
Do you mind providing the name of the dealership so that I may give them a call about a potential order?

Old 09-03-2021, 09:21 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

That's good news Fireze22. It shows that the factory will be in production of 2022 models by Oct. 22nd, if not sooner. Kind of a bummer about the keyless entry and not getting the powered tailgate, but not a dealbreaker all other things considered.
I drove cars without a keyless entry from 1971-2009 so it wouldn't bother me much to even go back to a car that required a key in the door to open it and a key in an ignition switch to start & stop it.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by scm
Have you negotiated a discount for the missing features?
I have not yet. I'll negotiate when the car arrives. I did see those options combined are around $900 on the lower trims.

Originally Posted by SassySarah
Do you mind providing the name of the dealership so that I may give them a call about a potential order?
Absolutely! Jaguar Portland (Oregon)
https://www.jaguarportland.com/
I've been working with Julian.
Here's his email: JulianB@jlrportland.com

Good luck! I do know they do have another in-coming '22 for December as well, but yesterday was the last day to amend that order. Mine got in under the wire. However, it sounds like my original delivery date was going to be the end of February.

​​​​​​

Old 09-03-2021, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dwight Frye
That's good news Fireze22. It shows that the factory will be in production of 2022 models by Oct. 22nd, if not sooner. Kind of a bummer about the keyless entry and not getting the powered tailgate, but not a dealbreaker all other things considered.
I drove cars without a keyless entry from 1971-2009 so it wouldn't bother me much to even go back to a car that required a key in the door to open it and a key in an ignition switch to start & stop it.
Let's just say when I saw the missed call from the dealer, I was pretty sure it was to tell me my order was cancelled. Definitely a pleasant surprise!

I am bummed about missing the proximity entry. The car technically has keyless entry as I won't have to physically use a key to open the door. But honestly, based on how I use our other vehicles, I always lock with the remote anyways. The unlock will kind of be annoying though...

The power tailgate seemed an odd option to me. But I would have preferred not having to touch the top of the lid to close it, so now I'll just have to have PPF applied. It's not a DD, so I won't be opening the trunk often.
I just don't want these things to haunt me on resale. The depreciation is already bad enough. Lol!

Old 09-03-2021, 12:04 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

The power tailgate seemed an odd option to me. But I would have preferred not having to touch the top of the lid to close it, so now I'll just have to have PPF applied.
I can shut my lid by pulling on the handle inside the lid. If I do it quickly enough the latch catches and the motor will complete the closure without any further intervention from me.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 556 Likes on 358 Posts

I'm confused. How will you start the car if there's no proximity sensor? Do you have to hold the key up to the spot under the dash every time?

Vik

Old 09-03-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by scm
I can shut my lid by pulling on the handle inside the lid. If I do it quickly enough the latch catches and the motor will complete the closure without any further intervention from me.
Good to know! Thanks!

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I'm confused. How will you start the car if there's no proximity sensor? Do you have to hold the key up to the spot under the dash every time?

Vik
I was told the remote will work as normal. So basically I'm just missing the option where I can just walk up, press the door handle and have it pop open.
I know... It's odd, but it must be some way to reduce chip usage?