Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update V6 rear valance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts
Default Update V6 rear valance?

I like the look of the later model V6 rear valance compared to the early model/standard valance, see this post for the later version: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...4/#post1591088
Does anyone know if it's a straight swap, or at least a relatively easy swap?
Does it even fit?
And what about the wiring for the reversing lights and fog lights, on my car the fog lights are in the valance but there are none in the updated valance.
Here's what mine currently looks like:

Also I can't find a part number for the newer valance, all I can find is the older one, T2R17427. Lastly, if the newer one can be found, any idea on cost? (and I know I would have to get it painted to match the body colour).

Old 07-18-2017, 04:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

I've got the sport design pack on mine which is similar but not identical to the white one you linked in. I'm not sure whether you can get the rear valance by itself but here is a link to the pack JAGUAR GEAR - F-TYPE - EXTERIOR - EXTERIOR STYLING - Sport Design Pack - Exterior, PDC and Non PDC, Pre 18MY

I'm pretty sure I have seen earlier threads where people were putting it on or pulling it off.

The rear valance is the best part of it, IMO. The front spoiler treatment is good too, but the side skirts are a PITA because they dont flatter the cars waist and because they are horizontal they get dusty and then muddy. Also they are wide so you have to throw your legs over them to get out.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:01 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Bruce, at least I now know the name of what I am looking for.
Problem is it seems you can only get the whole sport design pack, which costs a bomb, when I only want the rear diffuser/valance bit.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:04 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Contact Mina Gallery. I believe they are a sponsor here and they make many parts for other jaguars (although their f type selection is surprisingly limited). They have shown an interest in such projects in the past and may be able to replicate the OEM kit. Depending on price, I would be interested in the sideskirts and rear valence as i bet would others.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Here you go:

Originally Posted by PunisherFType
If you ever want to buy the "stock" body kit, let me know as I am getting rid of my upgraded rear diffuser, side skirts and front winglets.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 362 Posts

The sports design park parts can be ordered individually, but for the V6 they are not clearly labelled in the JEPC. Your dealer can put in a parts request with Jaguar to get the correct part number. Cost is likely around $600 USD.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by xdave
The sports design park parts can be ordered individually, but for the V6 they are not clearly labelled in the JEPC. Your dealer can put in a parts request with Jaguar to get the correct part number. Cost is likely around $600 USD.
Thanks Dave.
Do you know if the valance/diffuser is a straight swap with the standard one, and if there is any mucking about required with the wiring of the reverse and fog lights?
Also, I would rather not go through my dealer, they are pretty hopeless and they charge like a wounded bull (and the next closest dealer is 700 km away), is this a part you could get for me and ship over?