Default US Carbon Fiber retailers

Suggestions for Carbon Fiber retailers for the F Type

thanks!

Old 09-15-2021, 01:20 AM
Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts
Old 09-15-2021, 10:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
Those bits are beautiful. The shipping and currency conversion will confuse me lol.

Old 09-15-2021, 01:02 PM
Received 82 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is a link to the US seller for Koshi:

https://madnessautoworks.com/

The following users liked this post:
skizot (09-17-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 02:36 PM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RIRR
Here is a link to the US seller for Koshi:

https://madnessautoworks.com/
according to a forum member on here, be ready to wait months for parts. If you have patience, you’ll be fine

Old 09-15-2021, 09:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjohnt
according to a forum member on here, be ready to wait months for parts. If you have patience, you’ll be fine
Awesome…..that sounds like the main CF dealer in the ATS world

Old 09-16-2021, 01:40 AM
Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts

I got most of my Koshi from another forum member who sold his car before he installed them. However, I did order a couple pieces directly from the Koshi website. The only issue was they wanted a wire transfer, but at $40 USD for the wire, I convinced them to take PayPal. The parts arrived in Florida in 8 days.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:22 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

I didn't see a rear diffuser for the R.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:41 AM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

I ordered from Madness with the understanding that they were the primary/only US distributer and although I didnt like the idea of a middleman, I did want to know I could deal with someone relatively local if there were issues - in my case, there were issues... I have been around cars for a few minutes and I am quite familiar with wait times for custom fabrication and I understand that good things take time. that said, I am deeply disappointed in Koshi. In my case, Madness had a couple parts in stock which they sent and I was told about 4 weeks for the others. One of the first pieces to arrive was the center splitter - after dry fitting, I noticed that the carbon weave seam was not centered - I took photos and measurements and contacted Madness immediately. At that time, Koshi basically shut down for two weeks for "Vacation" - I had my car torn a part for the install and the Koshi piece was a great fit; however, it scratched the crap put of the factory black piece on the car. Fast forward to about 5 weeks later, about 3 weeks after they came back from their vacation, and I still didn't have a part or any indication that they were even addressing the issue. Madness couldn't get a response from them so I reached out. To my surprise, they answered me first and actually said that my issue was only aesthetic and wouldn't be a big deal to most people. They also said I could have a refund on it which doesnt help because I ordered the pieces because I wanted them and the center piece was essential to completing the look for the front of the car. This statement from a company who makes products solely for aesthetics and charges quite a bit for them - its like buying a water heater and hearing that its not a big deal that it doesn't make the water hot. As others have stated, the pieces are good quality and Madness has some nice people who were trying to help, but I am frustrated that I have not received anything but a "sorry". Koshi offered to discount a future part, but I ordered everything I need and what good is a discount on a part if I never receive it. Some parts have trickled in over a 10 week period which proves that they don't make things in the order they received payment and there is no information regarding the center splitter and when I asked Koshi about the status, they told me to contact Madness (which I understand); however, Madness cant get an answer either. I guess its only a few thousand dollars so I have no right to expect what I ordered to arrive timely or correctly. I didn't expect them to refund me half the selling price, but a refund of some kind would have been appreciated for the trouble and frustration. The only reason I haven't been more upset is because I have other things going on and I have gotten used to seeing the car sit there with the front bumper detached and the center portion ruined while continuing to wait for the remainder of parts. Like with any seller/vendor, you may order stuff and everything is perfect, but just understand that nobody cares more about your stuff than you do, and if you buy thinking Koshi gives a S*&T about you or your car, think again. I am still patiently waiting to see what either Koshi or Madness does regarding the additional parts and to see if they offer anything for the trouble, but guessing neither will.

In summary, order away, hopefully it will go well and all the parts and service will be amazing. I have been modifying and fabricating on cars for a quite a while and I like giving good recommendations and supporting companies that provide great service - I also understand that some situations are outliers and that just because one instance was great or terrible, doesn't mean the next will be the same. In this case, Koshi is basically the only game in town so if you want the parts, you put up with whatever happens, but generally speaking, I would say my overall satisfaction is below average.

Last edited by gg2684; 09-17-2021 at 08:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
M3 Wrath (09-17-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 214 Likes on 191 Posts

I had a great experience with Madness.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:13 PM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
I had a great experience with Madness.
that’s awesome, I didn’t have a bad experience with madness either - just passing along some details of my situation.