Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US/UK remap on EU car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default US/UK remap on EU car?

Hello lucky F-Type owners!

I am deciding on ordering an F Type S and if the test drive (scheduled in two weeks) convinces me then I will probably sign an order...

Because my current car has more power (410hp and lighter) I am a bit afraid that the S (380hp and with a more linear acceleration feel because supercharger instead of turbo) might disappoint me in terms of performance...

I will know for sure after the test drive of course but on the other hand I already want to explore the possibility of remapping the car in order to achieve more performance. Here in Belgium there are plenty of tuners who offer tunes for Jaguar but they all list the same output for their stages 1 and 2. Presumably they all buy their tuned maps from some kind of 'tuning wholesaler' and simply double check or slightly adjust the tunes on their dyno's... In other words, they use -I think- a general or base tuning file in my market and I was wondering if UK or US based tuners can help me by optimizing the F Type?

In Belgium ALL tuners offer the following:

stage 1 only ECU remap: from 380hp to 400hp and from 460Nm to 500Nm torque

stage 2 ECU + pulley + exhaust: from 380hp to 420hp and from 460Nm to 550Nm torque

While here some tuners list values like 453HP and 436ft/lbs (=591Nm) with ECU + pulley but WITHOUT exhaust...

Can these tuners squeeze more out of the car or am I making comparing mistakes with differences in HP (EU) and BHP (US) and ft/lbs (US) versus Nm (EU)? Here we use fuel type RON98... maybe that can count for a difference? I don't know...

So as you can see I have a few questions on how I can get my future car tuned by somebody not located in my country or even Europe...

Is it possible by remote (with a flashing device) or can I go to a local tuner and ask them to buy a tune from one of the tuners present on this forum? Also, will the US/UK remap work correctly on a EU spec car? (Fuel quality or other regional EU differences that have an impact on the remap etc...?)

I hope someone can help me clearing some of my questions... I truly am in love with the F Type so I think chances will be 99% I'll order one after my testdrive.

Best regards

Old 12-06-2016, 04:25 PM

No one? The tuners are pretty busy I guess.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by -krikke-
No one? The tuners are pretty busy I guess.
The tuners generally just follow their own threads. Post your question on any of the threads started by Velocity AP or Eurotoys.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:34 PM

Thanks for the tip! Will copy/paste this in the appropriate topic.

edit: since I posted my questions in another topic an admin may feel free to delete my original topic.
Thanks.

Last edited by -krikke-; 12-06-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

No problem on tuning, we have customers all over the world (South Africa, China, Bulgaria, etc). You just need a PC for the hand-held device.

The process of installing/updating the hand-held device is similar to a digital camera.

Mike

Old 12-07-2016, 02:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 761 Posts

Something to consider when going for a maximum tune for 2 reasons, 1) A sharper tune is also a riskier tune, and 2) dyno results are very hard to compare, not just because some use different conversions but also the type of dyno and the way the car is strapped down etc etc plays a role.

Here in the Benelux most suppliers do offer something extra that I have not seen from US (or UK) suppliers, and that is an extra engine insurance (ziptuning for instance offers 2 years).

So pending on what risk you want to take there are some good options.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:18 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I know what to do as soon as I have decided going for the F Type-S