Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used F-Types already on the market

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,234 Likes on 789 Posts
Default Used F-Types already on the market

I have recently seen that there are 8 used F-Types available in the secondary market.

You can find these at:

Find Your Car: Used Jaguar F-TYPE Listings Near Las Cruces, NM 88001 - AutoTrader.com

It will be very interesting to see how many of these new model F-Types surface in the secondary market.

Many dealers have new F-types waiting to be sold on their lots.

This will be one model interesting to watch and watch the pricing in the secondary market.

In many cases there is no need to wait for an F-type these cars are now readily available to be sold.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Used and available inventory

I've seen the same here around SoCal. Most dealers have multiple units and are sitting on them already. Also a few used units already showing up. One SoCal dealer was tacking on the humorous take-it-or-leave-it +$10k premium early on and I was one who told him, "thanks, but no thanks". Now, he's sitting on inventory and several folks say they won't deal with him any more due to his early position. They can charge whatever they want, but must then live with the affects later on with prospective customers who have long memories.
I suspect the early media releases about such high sold-out first year production numbers was a bit optimistic and self serving. Sold to dealerships; maybe, but not to necessarily to end users.
It will be interesting to see how new and used prices go over this first year. I suspect the F-type will suffer the same way the competition does.
I hope it does well and the early bugs get worked out, as I do like the car for what it is.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Used F-Type Facts

I checked with Gaudin Jaguar in Las Vegas and they tell me they have five for sale, having sold five. But the cars are sitting on the lots while they have lots of people coming in and ordering custom F-Types. I think what we are seeing here is that the F-Type is not a car someone buys because they need transportation. They buy it because it's fun - so they want to get it their way - ordering it.

So the car is selling well, it's just that people want to get it their way.

And Jaguar has issued a press release saying 50% of the year's production run was spoken for in 30 days. They never claimed they had sold out already. But do remember those numbers speak to dealer purchases or orders, not necessarily final deliveries.

Still, I think the car is doing well. I am not worried about there being used cars on the market. It's normal. Within 30 days of the new 997 Porsche 911 being sold at the Vegas dealership there were used Porsches too. Sometimes people get excited about a car, then they realize after driving it - it wasn't what they expected or hoped for, etc. Sort of like some of my ex-wives

Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by richzak
I have recently seen that there are 8 used F-Types available in the secondary market.

You can find these at:

Find Your Car: Used Jaguar F-TYPE Listings Near Las Cruces, NM 88001 - AutoTrader.com

It will be very interesting to see how many of these new model F-Types surface in the secondary market.

Many dealers have new F-types waiting to be sold on their lots.

This will be one model interesting to watch and watch the pricing in the secondary market
In many cases there is no need to wait for an F-type these cars are now readily available to be sold.
I notice that's 8 used cars in the entire USA. Jaguar says they have allocated 3000 for the US market - with 1500 of those already on our shores, so 8 out of 3000 not bad. I also notice the used prices are at or near sticker. And one car is a dealer car with 3 miles on it. So it's really seven used cars out of 3000.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Bourne
I checked with Gaudin Jaguar in Las Vegas and they tell me they have five for sale, having sold five. But the cars are sitting on the lots while they have lots of people coming in and ordering custom F-Types. I think what we are seeing here is that the F-Type is not a car someone buys because they need transportation. They buy it because it's fun - so they want to get it their way - ordering it.

So the car is selling well, it's just that people want to get it their way.
Exactly. I ordered mine from Gaudin. They had one sort of close to what I wanted, but at this price I didn't want to settle. A check of their website tonight shows that they have 4 new F-Types in stock.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by myidsucks
Exactly. I ordered mine from Gaudin. They had one sort of close to what I wanted, but at this price I didn't want to settle. A check of their website tonight shows that they have 4 new F-Types in stock.
Good for Gaudin - they must have sold one of the in-inventory cars. And good for you for ordering your preference.