F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 base muffler delete

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2024, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default V6 base muffler delete

I have a 2018 base V6 F type. I usually drive in dynamic with valve open. I’m happy with how the vehicle sounds when I step on it but at idle and everyday casual driving I wish it were louder.

Has any muffler deleted a base V6 and have videos? Would love to hear the difference.

Old 06-09-2024, 06:07 PM
Received 446 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by iiiedward
I have a 2018 base V6 F type. I usually drive in dynamic with valve open. I’m happy with how the vehicle sounds when I step on it but at idle and everyday casual driving I wish it were louder.

Has any muffler deleted a base V6 and have videos? Would love to hear the difference.
Pull Fuse 15 from the driver's side fuse box under the hood/bonnet. The valves will be open all the time which makes a *big* difference. When using the switch, even in dynamic with the active exhaust on, the valves still don't open below 3K in most situations.

The following users liked this post:
iiiedward (06-09-2024)
Old 06-09-2024, 06:25 PM

i appreciate the information. I’ll pull that fuse and assess from there 😎.

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
Pull Fuse 15 from the driver's side fuse box under the hood/bonnet. The valves will be open all the time which makes a *big* difference. When using the switch, even in dynamic with the active exhaust on, the valves still don't open below 3K in most situations.

Old 06-10-2024, 04:52 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
When using the switch, even in dynamic with the active exhaust on, the valves still don't open below 3K in most situations.
That depends on the software levels that have been applied - my MY18 opens the valves at tickover when I select dynamic mode. They open around 1500 rpm in non-dynamic with the active exhaust switch on, otherwise as around 3k as you say.

iiiedward (06-12-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 05:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

++
Sorry that you can't ++ hear++ this picture, but there was a Topic here a few years ago about removing the large 6-sided mufflers from inside the exhaust.

The muffler housings were cut open and a straight-pipe was welded in place of the mufflers. Then, the exhaust housings were welded back together to restore the outer shape (which contributes to aero).

Note that a BASE V6 (without the switch for the bypass valves) would look simpler inside.

+++++++++

DEFINITELY easier to remove the fuse (if you have the switch by your shifter) to see how you like the sound...

iiiedward (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 03:43 PM

I do have the active exhaust controls to open and close the valves.

please excuse my ignorance and I appreciate all the information you’ve given me. Will the active exhaust control still function normally with the mufflers removed?

if I remove the mufflers and it’s much louder, being able to control the valves would be amazing.

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
++
Sorry that you can't ++ hear++ this picture, but there was a Topic here a few years ago about removing the large 6-sided mufflers from inside the exhaust.

The muffler housings were cut open and a straight-pipe was welded in place of the mufflers. Then, the exhaust housings were welded back together to restore the outer shape (which contributes to aero).

Note that a BASE V6 (without the switch for the bypass valves) would look simpler inside.

+++++++++

DEFINITELY easier to remove the fuse (if you have the switch by your shifter) to see how you like the sound...

Old 06-12-2024, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

Depends on what you mean by 'normally'

You can see by the picture that with the exhaust valves 'open', the flow is directly BACK towards the exhaust outlets.

With the exhaust valves 'closed' the flow is into the large open space that the muffler is designed as. So the exhaust noise would be tuned, or sound a bit different.