F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6S downpipe question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default V6S downpipe question

Can someone help me out with the diamater and length of the stock cats on the V6S models? I want to fabricate a downpipe with HSJ cats and I need the max diameter of the cats as well as the length of the cats. Thinking about a 3inch downpipe, what do you guys think?

thanks

Old 01-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest1
Can someone help me out with the diamater and length of the stock cats on the V6S models? I want to fabricate a downpipe with HSJ cats and I need the max diameter of the cats as well as the length of the cats. Thinking about a 3inch downpipe, what do you guys think?

thanks
Why reinvent the wheel when it will likely be much easier and cheaper to just buy a very similar setup from Stuart at Velocity AP?

Old 01-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

I agree with the post about Stuart.
Also, we just did my exhaust, they are different sizes, one is almost oval shaped while the other is more round.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the velocity ap cats and didn't like the sound they made. They sound awesome at higher revs but the sound they made at low rpms under load were too raspy for me. I wanted to keep the sound from lower revs similar to how it was stock.
I know they are making a touring exhaust to help with the issue but I don't want to wait that long and I like experimenting.

I am hoping increasing the downpipe size will give it a deeper sound. If it doesn't work out I can always just go back to stock or try the velocity cats and touring exhaust combo, that's the plan at least.

Sooo, can someone please help me out and measure the diameter and length of the stock cats for me. =D

edit: I just need the measurement of the biggest part of the cats, I don't need the whole dimension, thanks

Last edited by Guest1; 01-04-2017 at 09:09 AM.