Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6s Downpipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default V6s Downpipes

Hey guys,

Ive been looking for options to make my car louder and more powerful with the smallest possibility of having issues with my warranty.

I know having downpipes without a ecu tune will produce a CEL, but other than the CEL can I run into any other issues, will the car run like crap? Will I actually see any HP/Torque gains with just downpipes?

Old 12-07-2016, 08:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know the answers to all of your questions but I can tell you that the car will still run fine with the sport cats installed without a tune. I ran my V6S without a tune for about a week and didn't notice anything out of the norm other than the code that comes up. Not sure how much that helps...

Old 12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C Rad
I don't know the answers to all of your questions but I can tell you that the car will still run fine with the sport cats installed without a tune. I ran my V6S without a tune for about a week and didn't notice anything out of the norm other than the code that comes up. Not sure how much that helps...
Hey C RAD thanks for the reply. Did you feel a power increase in that week you didnt have a tune?

Old 12-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Honestly I can't say either way. I would imagine it did but the difference wasn't enough to really standout or else I'm sure I'd remember.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AHB900
Hey guys,

Ive been looking for options to make my car louder and more powerful with the smallest possibility of having issues with my warranty.

I know having downpipes without a ecu tune will produce a CEL, but other than the CEL can I run into any other issues, will the car run like crap? Will I actually see any HP/Torque gains with just downpipes?
so with just a downpipe I can't imagine that it wouldn't be louder and possibly some more pops and cracks coming from the back. But in terms of performance without a tune I think you'll notice some responsiveness other than that it's just a bolt on part nothing major so besides the cel I wouldn't expect any down sides other than possibly less fuel economy and the cel.

Last edited by drewguy; 12-09-2016 at 01:49 PM.