F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6S Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I know making a "latest" version of the tune for everybody each time is probably untenable as as a small company but maybe you could email owners with a change list from time to time to keep us in the loop ? I discovered the mod for the touchy throttle in dynamic mode with the lower pulley on this forum, and that confirmed it wasn't "just me" so I was happier sending you an email for the same mod. I don't suppose you change many things that often anyway as its not like adding new features to a software program, more evolution than revolution....
It most likely is untenable, but as Chris has alluded - any progressions that have been made are relatively minor adjustments usually specific to owner requests or feedback. Sometimes they might even be unique or relatively unique to that file.

What ISN'T the case is that there's a V2, V3, V4 file progression where we found some magical pixie dust that found another 20BHP. The message that we were trying to get across as far as 'future revisions are free' is that you're not stuck with what you get on day 1 for the rest of your ownership period if you feel like 6 months down the line you'd like to add 200 cell cats or if you find after a few weeks you'd like the torque demand tapered more or less.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 09-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Thanks, Chris and Stuart for chiming in from your perspective. Working in the software side of business I see two types of folks; those who believe all future upgrades should be forever free and those prepared to pay for ongoing development beyond the initial sale. I fall into the latter camp and I appreciate the VAP mission statement of wanting not to charge for enhancements or minor tweaks. I certainly don't expect Chris to magically find another handful of horse or torks (!) on the edge of the map.

I wouldn't consider an email from a company I had done business with as spam. I get way more email offering me to take a percentage of uncut diamonds out of Europe if I pay shipping and handling to worry about yours ;-) But I take your point, some people reach for the pitchforks with a hair trigger.

I'll just email with the dumb questions from time to time :-)

Old 09-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Since the F Type shares motors with my XF, I am wondering if the 200 CEL cats that VAP has designed for the F tYpe will fit on my XF? IF so...Unhingd...are you looking to unload those 200 CEL cats???...lol...I looked at VAPs website and there is a big $$$ dif. between the 200 CEL cats for the F type and the XF. Why is that? The description for XF cats is spec'd to the XFR, which is a V8. I have the 3.0 litre version like the F type V6S

Old 09-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
Since the F Type shares motors with my XF, I am wondering if the 200 CEL cats that VAP has designed for the F tYpe will fit on my XF? IF so...Unhingd...are you looking to unload those 200 CEL cats???...lol...I looked at VAPs website and there is a big $$$ dif. between the 200 CEL cats for the F type and the XF. Why is that? The description for XF cats is spec'd to the XFR, which is a V8. I have the 3.0 litre version like the F type V6S
No, the fit up to the manifolds is the same, but the tube run is different.

The main reason for the cost differential is that we sell the FType downpipes in a fair quantity whereas the XF is far less frequent.

That being said, when we originally designed the XF downpipes we had not invested in some of the tooling & flanges & so on that we have done since.

If you would like to email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com we can discuss further but I may be able to figure something out for you.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Cherry_560sel (09-07-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
As my 200 Cell cats were part of a headers prototype package, Stuart was kind enough to take them back.

Cherry_560sel (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
No, the fit up to the manifolds is the same, but the tube run is different.

The main reason for the cost differential is that we sell the FType downpipes in a fair quantity whereas the XF is far less frequent.

That being said, when we originally designed the XF downpipes we had not invested in some of the tooling & flanges & so on that we have done since.

If you would like to email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com we can discuss further but I may be able to figure something out for you.
I will get in touch when I am ready to make the upgrade. Thanks for making the effort to accommodate your business to the needs of the Jag community. I appreciate the gesture and it does effect my purchasing decisions going forward. We see that you have genuine interest in supporting those of us in the Jag community who enjoy tuning and modding our cars ... Cheers !!!

DJS (09-07-2017)