F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vanity plates

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM
Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Vanity plates

Not sure if other locales are similar, but the province of Ontario is quite annoying.

I had selected

L4ST CAT

and it got refused because

LAST CAT exists.

Really? Annoying on 2 levels. That it got refused despite being unique and NOT offensive in any way, and that my tax dollars are hard at work paying some dude, or dudette, to manually provide me this great "service". If they are not offensive, and the choice is unique, then they should be approving them. I find it a bit ridiculous. One man's opinion ;-0

Last edited by DMeister; Yesterday at 07:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SVR 575 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 260 Posts

Just change the L to F

Don't know how it works in Ontario, but in MA, apart from the initial fee. it costs $90 per annum vs $60 for 2 years for the vanity plate.
Still worth it to get the reactions to "JAGWAH" - Boston speak!!

Last edited by CJSJAG; Yesterday at 07:38 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
Just change the L to F

Don't know how it works in Ontario, but in MA, apart from the initial fee. it costs $90 per annum vs $60 for 2 years for the vanity plate.
Pretty sure that one was taken. Even if it wasn't it would probably be refused if there was another very similar one differing by a digit or a letter only...The concern seems to be that cars could get mixed up. Again, a bit silly. Ontario is a massive province. I'd be willing to take the risk that they might confuse me with the guy having the similar plate that robbed the bank or whatever...lol

Our tax dollars at work ;-)

Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
Just change the L to F

BTW, here in Ontario there is no yearly plate fee. When I took delivery of my car a few weeks back I think it was a 25 dollar one time fee to get the initial plate as part of the delivery process.

For a vanity plate there is a one time cash cow fee of $310 CND, and then after that you don't pay anything yearly. The plate is yours.

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,466 Likes on 1,111 Posts

You're lucky, in the UK we have rather restricted formats for licence plates, so a great deal of imagination and ingenuity is called for (which I lack!). Best one I've seen was on a Porsche: TOO 510W.

Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
Received 108 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by DMeister
Not sure if other locales are similar, but the province of Ontario is quite annoying.

I had selected

L4ST CAT

and it got refused because

LAST CAT exists.

Really? Annoying on 2 levels. That it got refused despite being unique and NOT offensive in any way, and that my tax dollars are hard at work paying some dude, or dudette, to manually provide me this great "service". If they are not offensive, and the choice is unique, then they should be approving them. I find it a bit ridiculous. One man's opinion ;-0
Do you think they misread the 4 as an A ? Your intention I know but it IS different.

Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by User 42324
Do you think they misread the 4 as an A ? Your intention I know but it IS different.
Nah. LAST CAT was already taken. The registration system told me so.

Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,294 Likes on 892 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
You're lucky, in the UK we have rather restricted formats for licence plates, so a great deal of imagination and ingenuity is called for (which I lack!). Best one I've seen was on a Porsche: TOO 510W.
We get away with lots of combinations here, for my F Type I chose 0 FKX 0 because I give too many FKX about too many things and I essentially wanted to settle down. For the Mustang which is orange I took 100MPA because 00MPA wasnt available, but apparently 100 MPA is a kind of concrete so I have concretors all excited about it

Old Today, 04:04 AM

They ask for you to fill out on the form an explanation of why you want the plate, I didn’t think much of it and said that LAST CAT was taken and I put a 4 in place of the A to make it work….Fully thinking it would be fine because that combo was not taken and not offensive. As a result I think I did the government worker’s job for them and got my plate denied ;-o

Old Today, 05:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 260 Posts

Try putting an "O" in there

The following users liked this post:
User 42324 (Today)
Old Today, 10:31 AM
Received 108 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by cjsjag
try putting an "o" in there
l4st cot ? 😆

Last edited by User 42324; Today at 10:35 AM.
Old Today, 12:20 PM
Received 311 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Here in Wisconsin

I pay $100 a year for sticker on standard vanity plate (Le Lapin) on my 2013 Golf

$15 originally for standard vanity plate on 2017 F (E andan F) with $100/yr renewal sticker

On my 1969 E type, $200 when I applied, but $220 now for first vehicle's Collector plate. The car has to be stock, most modifications will preclude you from getting this plate. This plate/registration lasts as long as you own the car, so no annual renewal cost. No 'vanity' plate options though. You get whatever number they send you.