F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VAP confusion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 07:16 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Andi Jaguar G
I would have decided a long time ago to change the OEM air intake. Until now, I've always been prevented by the statement that too much dirt is sucked in and it can damage the engine. I don't know what to think of it, but that's still holding me back from changing anything here. How do you see that? Total nonsense that more dirt is let through?
I think the dust is minimal if any different at all. I added filter socks to give an added layer of protection from water and dirt just as a precaution. I am happy with my intake install but if I did it again not sure I would have swapped the OEM only because I don't think you gain anything. More for some looks with the hood open and some added super charger whine.

Old 01-25-2023, 08:02 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
I think the dust is minimal if any different at all. I added filter socks to give an added layer of protection from water and dirt just as a precaution. I am happy with my intake install but if I did it again not sure I would have swapped the OEM only because I don't think you gain anything. More for some looks with the hood open and some added super charger whine.
Thank you for your information. Since it doesn't really change anything in terms of power, I leave it. I actually prefer the pure sound of the V8 engine without a compressor, so I don't want to amplify the compressor sound either. Of course, the silver aluminum pipes in the engine compartment look very cool, I could even swap them with the OEM filters, right?

Old 01-25-2023, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Andi Jaguar G
Thank you for your information. Since it doesn't really change anything in terms of power, I leave it. I actually prefer the pure sound of the V8 engine without a compressor, so I don't want to amplify the compressor sound either. Of course, the silver aluminum pipes in the engine compartment look very cool, I could even swap them with the OEM filters, right?
Yep, fits right up to the stock filters, see here: https://minagallery.com/jaguar-f-typ...take-tube-kit/
Quote:"Kit will work with the factory air filter box".

Old 01-26-2023, 09:57 AM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat Fink65
Awesome...I have decided on the Stage 3 tune and some lowering springs...looking forward to starting the car mods now that the warranty is done...eventually maybe even an exhaust...but I am happy with the stock V6S sound...Cheers
Relax friend! Your selection of VAP Stage 3 Tune is the BEST decision you will make. BUT....Awesome Fun when I added the VAP TCU Tune.
Stuart, Chris and Staff had to to walk this dumb cowboy inch by inch thru the simple process. These experts are the BEST!
It is soooo much fun, I am ordering up my second set of Conti Extreme Contact Sport rubber today!
Many thanks to DC, Ricky, Oz and others for the confidence to step up to this terrific driving experience..
Not as crazy as my old Nitro Harley or Fuel Altered but safer!
Sparky

The following 2 users liked this post by Sparky H:
Rat Fink65 (01-26-2023), scm (01-26-2023)