F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To VAP or not to VAP, that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 12:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default To VAP or not to VAP, that is the question.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post about the experience that I've had with VAP and Stuart in the hopes to answer any questions any of you may have. I know there are numerous other threads on his products but I'm hoping that some first hand experience will help persuade some of you that are still on the fence to finally pull the trigger!

​​​​​​First things first, I have to thank Stuart for the amazing work that he's done to my car. I honestly don't have a single complaint with any of his products or in my dealings with him. He is a guy that's clearly in this because it's what he loves and isn't just here to make a couple quick bucks off people. He's the kind of guy that you enjoy doing business with and would go out and have a couple beer with. It's rare to find someone that actually cares about what's best for the customer and not his pocket. With that being said, I think Stuart is a stand up guy and am actually proud to say that I have his parts on my car.

Okay, now onto the good stuff! I've had the following work done to my 16' V6S:

Lowering springs - The ride quality is definitely very similar to the stock setup. So for those who are concerned with compromising the ride for the looks of the drop I didn't find that they added any harshness to the ride at all. And I'm not talking about perfect highway driving either, I've been on some pretty beat up city streets and at times a little "off roading" (for those of you who have ever gone wine touring in the Okanagan you know what I'm talking about) Just on a side note, I have the 20" tornado rims and 17mm wheel spacers with this drop and have never had any clearance issues.

Sports cats and Supersport exhaust - I've had the sports cats with the stock exhaust and now the supersport exhaust. With the stock set up, it changes the sound of the car a decent amount. It's louder, no denying that, and in my opinion makes the car sound more exotic. Normal city driving I would say it's not much louder than the stock cats but when you're in the upper rpm range or step on it you'll notice and so will everyone around you. There is some raspyness to it that some will either love or hate. I personally hate raspy exhausts but I didn't find this set up too annoying honestly. I noticed some people have had issues with losing the snap, crackle and pops with the tune done to their cars. I can say that with the sports cats, tune and stock exhaust they were increased. Never experienced any loss. Also, there are some videos out there with muffle deletes, I think, where the car just sounds crazy stupid. With this set up you don't have to be concerned with hearing gun shots or anything similar to some of those videos. They still sound like the stock pops only louder and a little more frequently. With the supersport exhaust on the car now it's a totally new animal. I love the sound of this car. The changes in sound throughout the entire rpm range is amazing. The low-end growl is great for city driving. Sounds pretty mean without being obnoxious. Once you start moving up the rpm range though it sounds endless. The exotic note really comes out and the car just screams. I went with the V6 over the V8 specifically because of the way the 6 sounds over the 8. With this set up now, you will not find a better sounding V6 on the planet, I promise you that. I would even go as far as saying you'll have a hard time finding a better sounding car, period. No one believes me when I tell them it's "only a 6 cylinder".

Pulley and tune - Now without the pulley and just a tune I noticed a pretty significant change to the car. The smoothness of the rpm range was noticeable along with the bump in the midrange torque. The top end kept pulling up until redline where as stock in my opinion felt like the car was running out of steam. Now with the lower pulley, holy cow. I'm not joking the amount of butterflies the first time I really stepped on it is was unreal. The difference is just unbelievable. I was expecting a noticeable improvement like I did when I went from stock to a tune, but this is just a whole new level. Absolutely just blown away. You really do get pushed into your seat when you step on it now. To be honest I was pretty disappointed when I first bought the car and always felt that it was lacking in power. After the pulley and tune I can say that those feelings are a thing of the past.

If any of you have some specific questions feel free to fire away, I'll gladly answer. I hope this helps some of you out with your decisions. I know I have absolutely no regrets and would do it all over again. It's awesome to have such quality parts made available for our cars and the fact that you have a guy like Stuart standing behind them really brings peace of mind.

The following 7 users liked this post by C Rad:
Dremorg (02-24-2017), Mbourne (02-24-2017), Senninha (03-10-2017), SigsJag (02-25-2017), strippersteel (02-27-2017), Stuart@VelocityAP (03-24-2017), Stwsam (02-24-2017) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Received 56 Likes on 17 Posts

Hands down.. Awesome post C Rad! I just recently started talking with Stuart and 100% agree with your comments on communication and how up front and helpful he is. I am very excited to start my VAP build with Stuart and VelocityAP Your post... just made me that much more excited lol

Old 02-25-2017, 12:17 PM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Edited... wrong thread!

Last edited by jfranks; 02-25-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by jfranks
Responding in order:

#1: VAP has your proven tuning packages: F-Type
#2: VAP or H&R both make lowering springs, but you're right, it looks everyone paid a shop to do the install. Where my DIYers at?
#3: Here's the replica P7 bumper: https://www.paramount-performance.co...r-replica.html
I think you replied to the wrong thread... that being said he can really use that search button.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SigsJag
Hands down.. Awesome post C Rad! I just recently started talking with Stuart and 100% agree with your comments on communication and how up front and helpful he is. I am very excited to start my VAP build with Stuart and VelocityAP Your post... just made me that much more excited lol
Thanks SigsJag. What do you have planned for your build?

Old 02-27-2017, 08:54 AM
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Great post C Rad. I have the VAP sport cats and tune from Stuart and love it. Did you keep the resonator? Any videos? I deleted my resonator but i'm thinking about putting it back on cause it's almost to loud even for me.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:04 AM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Thanks for the great review. And thanks for being such a great customer!

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com