F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VAP Tune with Pops and Bangs Option

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VAP Tune with Pops and Bangs Option

Looking for forum feedback on anyone with a VAP tune with the Pops and Bangs option. How ;long have you had it and have you had any Cat issues or O2 sensor issues since the install. I understand it makes the car more like the early model years with the exhust feedback and CAT and o2 sensor issues were more prevalent in those years. Any way to prolong the life on those parts.

Old 06-20-2024, 07:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am currently running the VAP tune on my 2017 V6. I have the following modifications: Both upper and lower pulleys and 200 cell Cats. Originally I had the Pops and Bangs but it was IMO over the top and much for my likely. VAP is a great company and they at no charge gave the Tune file minus the Pops and Bangs which was easy to install. Perhaps they would provide both files with and without the pops and bangs, can't hurt to ask.

Old 06-20-2024, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by BenFT
Perhaps they would provide both files with and without the pops and bangs, can't hurt to ask.
They've provided me with multiple files even when I didn't ask

Old 06-20-2024, 09:14 PM
Received 282 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
They've provided me with multiple files even when I didn't ask
You have to pay each time you upload a file to your car though, is that correct?

Old 06-20-2024, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by dangoesfast
You have to pay each time you upload a file to your car though, is that correct?
No, not with the system VAP uses.

Old 06-20-2024, 09:24 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback to this point. Will wait and see if there is anyone out there who has kept the POPS and Bangs option

Old 06-20-2024, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by lizzardo
No, not with the system VAP uses.
Oh really? I was sure I read something about having to buy credits for their tunes, it's one of the reasons I haven't done a tune yet (apart from them not replying to emails or forum mentions)

Old 06-20-2024, 10:01 PM
Received 465 Likes on 251 Posts

I have both the standard VAP Stage 1 tune and the same with additional pops and bangs (no additional charge for the P&B tune). I ran the P&B one for a bit but it really is comically over the top. I believe there are a couple here that have run it for quite a while but I can't speak to the longevity of their cats.

And for what it's worth, I've never had a better customer service experience (both before AND after the sale) than I did/do with VAP. They are *very* responsive.

The following users liked this post:
BuggDomi (06-21-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
I have both the standard VAP Stage 1 tune and the same with additional pops and bangs (no additional charge for the P&B tune). I ran the P&B one for a bit but it really is comically over the top. I believe there are a couple here that have run it for quite a while but I can't speak to the longevity of their cats.

And for what it's worth, I've never had a better customer service experience (both before AND after the sale) than I did/do with VAP. They are *very* responsive.
Wish I'd had the same experience VAP have a distributor here in Australia who hold almost no stock and don't bother to answer enquiries, and reaching out to VAP direct through the forum/email/website has gotten me nowhere.

I've honestly never found it so difficult to spend money before 😂

Old 06-21-2024, 05:21 AM
Received 170 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by dangoesfast
Wish I'd had the same experience VAP have a distributor here in Australia who hold almost no stock and don't bother to answer enquiries, and reaching out to VAP direct through the forum/email/website has gotten me nowhere.

I've honestly never found it so difficult to spend money before 😂
I strongly agree. Gave up on pulley and tune and also way too expensive here

Old 06-21-2024, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by Borbor
I strongly agree. Gave up on pulley and tune and also way too expensive here
Agreed.
The Aus distributor (which I could name but won't) has a terrible web site where it is very difficult to find any VAP F-Type parts/products so it's impossible to tell which ones they sell and which ones they don't.
When you do find something it has a yuuuge upcharge over the VAP price even accounting for the crap Aus peso exchange rate.
I'm guessing they don't have any sort of inventory or stock of VAP products on hand so if and when you buy from them they then order it from VAP and so you are left waiting weeks if not months and you end up paying double postage - Canada to Sydney Aus, the distributor, then internal postage from the distributor to you.
I'm so glad I bought my VAP parts many years ago direct from them and avoided this distributor!

Old 06-21-2024, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump

Thanks Thunder for your experience with the tune. Hopefully Someone who has had the tune for some time will chime in. Or maybe no one has because of its over the top approach.

Old 06-21-2024, 12:21 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BuggDomi
Thanks Thunder for your experience with the tune. Hopefully Someone who has had the tune for some time will chime in. Or maybe no one has because of its over the top approach.
I agree with Thunder Dump…funny name lol…I’ve had the pops and bangs for a few years now, zero problems, and VAP’s customer service has always been top notch for me.

Old 06-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Received 213 Likes on 126 Posts

I've been running the pops and bangs for almost two years now (since getting Stage 3), no issues so far. I estimate that I've covered 25-30k km in that time.

And of course, now that I've said that, I'm certain to get a CEL on the way home today 😂

Old 06-21-2024, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Luc Lapierre
I've been running the pops and bangs for almost two years now (since getting Stage 3), no issues so far. I estimate that I've covered 25-30k km in that time.

And of course, now that I've said that, I'm certain to get a CEL on the way home today 😂
Thanks Blacks and Luc for your feedback. Hopefully bringing up the fact that your car sounds gnarly doesn't change your good fortune. Exactly what i was looking for was the feedback of someone whose been running this setup and i apprciate your feedback. .

Old 06-22-2024, 03:40 PM
Received 260 Likes on 132 Posts

If you have VAP remove ALL the pops and bangs, you will still have some.

jb