F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Velocity AP converters and tune done

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 07:15 AM
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Velocity AP converters and tune done

Hey guys just a quick review, I decided a week ago to go ahead and get the Velocity AP 200 cell converters and tuner for my 15 V6 S. Before the purchase I had many questions for Stuart and he answered all my questions thoroughly and promptly. After purchase I received my items very fast as they arrived within 2 days. Parts were packaged very well and I immediately went through the process of getting the tune installed. From the time I started with the tune I had the modified tune back to me in less than 24 hours. After the tune was installed I took the car to my exhaust guy and he installed the exhaust. He had no problems with the install and so he called me to pick it up. MY GOD THE SOUND. It sounds like the devil coming out of the pipes. Honestly it might be to much for some as I had the resonator removed at the same time. With the exhaust closed though its still pleasant and not to loud.

As far as power I honestly wasn't expecting much. As I said earlier I put the tune on before the exhaust install and although I only got to drive it a few miles I could defiantly tell a slight gain in power. The magic really happened after the exhaust was installed. I have no dyno results but there is absolutely no doubt that it picked up some serious horsepower and torque. Off the line power is greatly improved and it pulls like freight train.

All in all I'm very very happy with the results and the whole process and a big thank you to Stuart and Chris at Velocity AP for everything. Again if someone else gets this exhaust and tune I would keep the resonator on at first and see how you like it. If your crazy as hell like me and still want it louder then have it removed.

Btw my exhaust guy had a ton more footage but his go pro fell off somewhere on the drive and he lost it. But still here are some videos and i'll try to get some more later in the week.

Start up and rev

Fly by

Last edited by strippersteel; 08-01-2016 at 08:50 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by strippersteel:
enderle (08-01-2016), MI-FType (08-02-2016), schraderade (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Nice, and you can still hear the SC whine! Perfect.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:31 PM

Yes sir you defiantly can. Again if you decide to have it done leave the resonator as I think with it removed it would be to much for most. Then again if you did remove it and decided you want it put back on its not a big deal. Unhingd with your tune and pulley swap I think this would be a great addition. Now I'm just waiting for some good headers to be made. I'm also still on the fence on whether I want the Eventuri intake. $1800-$2000 is a lot of money for just an intake.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Dude! When are we meeting up? I gotta hear this thing in person. Didn't realize you are in Douglasville btw. I work right by Six Flags.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:51 PM

Yes sir Greg I've been thinking the same thing that we gotta meet up. I live right off Fairburn rd so Six Flags is right down the rd. Lets make it happen.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by strippersteel
Yes sir you defiantly can. Again if you decide to have it done leave the resonator as I think with it removed it would be to much for most. Then again if you did remove it and decided you want it put back on its not a big deal. Unhingd with your tune and pulley swap I think this would be a great addition. Now I'm just waiting for some good headers to be made. I'm also still on the fence on whether I want the Eventuri intake. $1800-$2000 is a lot of money for just an intake.
I'm waiting for the headers before I swap out the cats. That'll save close to half the labor for installing them separately. Don't bother with the Eventuris. No good documentation on how much they enhance engine performance. For $1800-2000 you can get a lower pulley (installed), a tune and a bunch of dyno time. For that price, the Eventuri intake can't possibly offer an additional 75 hp and 55tq.

Last edited by Unhingd; 08-01-2016 at 08:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
strippersteel (08-02-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Received 104 Likes on 78 Posts

WOW that sounds sweeeet!!

The following users liked this post:
strippersteel (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 06:33 AM

Unhingd from everything ive been reading about the Eventuri intake I'm thinking your probably right. Either way no intake usually gives much of a power increase so looks like i'll be patiently waiting for headers. If you wanted to install the Velocity 200 cell converters though before any headers are released they are a very simple install.

Greverrr thank you and I have to agree!

Old 08-02-2016, 08:39 AM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Sounds awesome!

Old 08-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member

If you wanted to install the Velocity 200 cell converters though before any headers are released they are a very simple install.
If I had a lift available to me, I would certainly do it now. Unfortunately, the spousal unit has prohibited me from relying on jack stands to keep me from getting flattened.. She claims she's too old now to lift the car off me (I doubt this) and will just leave me there if something happens (I don't doubt this). So I'll just wait to safe a bit of labor expense.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:14 PM

Ha! Sounds like you have to much life insurance lol. Btw, I might go ahead and get a lower pulley in the next month or so. I'll need to get a new tune as well from Velocity AP if I do. The 200 cell converters, pulley change, and tune should net a big increase in power.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

HOLY SH!!T THAT'S NUTS

is there any warranty issues with this?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member

Ha! Sounds like you have to much life insurance lol. Btw, I might go ahead and get a lower pulley in the next month or so. I'll need to get a new tune as well from Velocity AP if I do. The 200 cell converters, pulley change, and tune should net a big increase in power.
Absolutely, no doubt!

Originally Posted by Holy F type
HOLY SH!!T THAT'S NUTS

is there any warranty issues with this?
If the answer to this question really matters to you, don't even consider any of these mods.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Absolutely, no doubt!

If the answer to this question really matters to you, don't even consider any of these mods.
I don't know what this means, but for what I know the 200 cell pipes don't cause any issues. Does the resonator delete cause anything? I've been interested in the velocity straight pipe for some time now and now that I heard your car with the muffler upgrade I really wanna add that too!

Last edited by Holy F type; 08-02-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good. Any numbers on the power yet?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:05 AM

Holy F type the tune and exhaust could possibly cause a warranty issue if your car has a problem and they can prove it was possibly related to those mods. Like Unhingd said if your worried about it then you might avoid.

Tken no dyno numbers yet. Might try to hit a dyno within the next few weeks.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:16 PM

Couple more videos I thought you guys might enjoy. So far I've put on at least 250 miles with the new exhaust and tune and I'm loving every minute.

Taking off outside the car
https://youtu.be/Lizqc8jXK7c

Taking off ride along
https://youtu.be/ij6N8Te4RKg