F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Velocity AP ECU Tune Stage 1 and/or Stage 2 OVER 10,000 MILES?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 01:25 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Velocity AP ECU Tune Stage 1 and/or Stage 2 OVER 10,000 MILES?!

Hello,
Happy New Year!
Does anyone have over 10,000 on their ECU flash-tune and/or Crank Pulley Tune?
Does anyone have over 3 years on their ECU flash-tune and/or Crank Pulley Tune?
If so, have you changed anything (air filter, spark plugs, coil packs)? How often do you change the oil? Any problems? Any check engine codes or any faults?
Thank you for your time.
My kindest regards,
-XJ

Old 01-07-2024, 04:58 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Many of us have had the tune at least that long. I don’t drive aggressively most of the time, so I don’t do any extra maintenance. I change my oil annually, which is around 8,000 miles. Many here do it more frequently than that.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:51 AM

Hi DJS,
I appreciate your response. The ECU Flash Tune with VAP is 415hp and 355/tq. The Pulley Tune is 450hp and 440tq. The extra 35hp add is deff a nice push that you will feel. What I want to know is the extra 85tq. That is a huge increase in torque. Where did you see the biggest value? What did the car feel like between 2000 and 5000 RPM? How did the car respond when you are in D and driving normal (sub 2500 rpm) and then hit the throttle. Is it a better downshift? Is it much wheel-spin? Does the car still lag or is the lag gone? The biggest reason that I did the ECU Flash Tune was because of the lag. The ECU Flash Tune took away 70% of the lag. Just out of curiosity how many miles do you have on the car? How many thousands of miles have you had the pulley tune? Thank you so much for your time.
My kindest regards,
-XJ

Old 01-07-2024, 12:46 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I haven’t done the pulley yet, so not much torque increase putting just the tune on the V6S. The main reason to do it without the pulley is a smoother power delivery.

I figure when I finally build my barn with lift, I’ll treat myself to the pulley.

Old 01-07-2024, 05:06 PM
Received 63 Likes on 42 Posts

Lord have mercy.

Call VAP and just do it, reputable tuner, reliable tunes, you'll feel the difference.

The following users liked this post:
Sparky H (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

40K miles and 8 years (wow, has it really been that long?) with the tune. 8K miles and 3.5 years since adding the pulley.

My annual mileage has plummeted since COVID, then getting reclassified as "permanently remote." I continue to follow the annual maintenance schedule. With the reduced mileage I'm doing it's automatically more maintenance for the mileage, so I don't have a good answer on that front. Any additional maintenance I might recommend? I'd recommend spark plugs at the original schedule instead of the extended one. I think that's 30K miles instead of 60K, or whatever time that corresponds to. I had them save and label the plugs when they changed mine and while still serviceable, but were showing some age.

Old 01-08-2024, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by lizzardo
40K miles and 8 years (wow, has it really been that long?) with the tune. 8K miles and 3.5 years since adding the pulley.

My annual mileage has plummeted since COVID, then getting reclassified as "permanently remote." I continue to follow the annual maintenance schedule. With the reduced mileage I'm doing it's automatically more maintenance for the mileage, so I don't have a good answer on that front. Any additional maintenance I might recommend? I'd recommend spark plugs at the original schedule instead of the extended one. I think that's 30K miles instead of 60K, or whatever time that corresponds to. I had them save and label the plugs when they changed mine and while still serviceable, but were showing some age.
@lizzardo

40K miles that's incredible! You've had time to enjoy the tune for a few years before doing the pulley. Being so used to the tune, I'm sure it became the new normal. After you did the pulley what was the biggest value-add? How did the car react differently then before? Are there things that you couldn't do with the ECU Flash Tune, but you could now that you have the pulley tune? Thanks so much for your time.
My kindest regards,
-XJ

Old 01-13-2024, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguar XJ
@lizzardo

40K miles that's incredible! You've had time to enjoy the tune for a few years before doing the pulley. Being so used to the tune, I'm sure it became the new normal. After you did the pulley what was the biggest value-add? How did the car react differently then before? Are there things that you couldn't do with the ECU Flash Tune, but you could now that you have the pulley tune? Thanks so much for your time.
Good questions and I'll answer as I can, noting that after the tune and before the pulley my driving habits changed dramatically. When I first did the tune I was averaging about 35 miles/day, but since I no longer commute, it's less than ten with days between drives. Given that, my impressions are based on faded memory.

The tune made more of a difference because it changed the responsiveness. Stock, it seemed like power was being artificially limited. I didn't do any logging to map requested power (pedal position) against actual throttle opening, but I could feel a point where acceleration increased at steady throttle. I can most liken it to the feeling of a turbocharged car coming up on boost, not something I would expect in a supercharged car. Perhaps it's more noticeable with the manual transmission.

Adding the pulley didn't affect the responsiveness, it just gave more power across the rev range.

Old 04-27-2024, 08:31 AM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

How was your MPG get effected after the tune?

Old 04-27-2024, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 435 Likes on 319 Posts

i did the stage 2 plus transmission tune ,its like a catapult scary when you blow in a M5 doors off on a V6 which should be slower than a M5 ,this is XF 3.0 sc same engine ,doesent make any sense

Old 05-01-2024, 06:09 AM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the tune since 2018 and the pulley since 2021. I didn't notice any significant change in fuel consumption before /after either. Performance improvement with the tune alone is noticeable, but only just. The tune and pully combo is transformative, the torque increase makes it feel like an altogether different car. Following up on Lizzardo's comment, with the tune and pulley I also experience that acceleration increases at steady throttle, between approx. 4500 and 6000 rpm. Definitely not a linear characteristic.