F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Velocity AP Springs Installed F Type R Coupe w/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
I can believe it. If I had an RS7 w/tune, I'd be driving it too. That is one hot piece!

its just so freakin fast--- Its arguably faster from a low mph roll than my Turbo S.... dyno chart (not of mine but same tune, same place where my tune was done and same gas)

The following users liked this post:
schraderade (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Thumbs up

Looks fantastic Vic, mine is scheduled to be built 2 weeks from tomorrow...can't wait!

vic55 (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

whoa what the hell did you put into that RS7 tune? tiger blood?!

vic55 (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by schraderade
whoa what the hell did you put into that RS7 tune? tiger blood?!

LOL, brother I have no idea. Some of the spots are pushing 120hp and the pull is incredible. GIAC really out did themselves with this car. I can swap to 100 octane/map and the gains are even greater (as shown).

schraderade (09-03-2014)
Old 09-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Any ideas when the springs will pass fitting and become generally available? I gave up on driving the F-Type around town. As-is already scraps too much. Might as well lower it

Old 09-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

Vic, I really like the wheels you have on the R8. Are they Niche Misano?

Old 09-03-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by shift
Any ideas when the springs will pass fitting and become generally available? I gave up on driving the F-Type around town. As-is already scraps too much. Might as well lower it
Ha.... are you scraping that 40 dollar piece of plastic?

Originally Posted by jleuz1
Vic, I really like the wheels you have on the R8. Are they Niche Misano?

Thanks, they are Klassen M52R's.

jleuz1 (09-03-2014)
Old 09-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Hi Everyone,

Quick update here. We have 2 sets of springs out there on vehicles, Vic55's you know about and another V8 Roadster as well.

Feedback has been good, and I think on reflection the lowering amount is about right. Looks good but not so low as to be impractical.

There was only one issue that came up with the test-fitting process, which was relating to the spring thickness - there are plastic spring perch adapters on the ends of the OEM springs that have to be transferred over. The springs we made were a touch too thick on the end to fit into the groove. The first two sets were fitted by swapping these plastic pieces front to rear, but we wanted a perfect solution.

We have made another set of springs to fit a V8-R, with around 1/2mm taper on the end of the spring. Before we go fully into production, we would like to confirm 100% that this has solved the issue.

So for anyone who has a V8-R who is interested, we are looking for one more 'tester' who will recieve a hefty discount on what should actually be the final, finished product.

Please email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com for more info.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 09-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hi Everyone,

Quick update here. We have 2 sets of springs out there on vehicles, Vic55's you know about and another V8 Roadster as well.

Feedback has been good, and I think on reflection the lowering amount is about right. Looks good but not so low as to be impractical.

There was only one issue that came up with the test-fitting process, which was relating to the spring thickness - there are plastic spring perch adapters on the ends of the OEM springs that have to be transferred over. The springs we made were a touch too thick on the end to fit into the groove. The first two sets were fitted by swapping these plastic pieces front to rear, but we wanted a perfect solution.

We have made another set of springs to fit a V8-R, with around 1/2mm taper on the end of the spring. Before we go fully into production, we would like to confirm 100% that this has solved the issue.

So for anyone who has a V8-R who is interested, we are looking for one more 'tester' who will recieve a hefty discount on what should actually be the final, finished product.

Please email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com for more info.
I'd like to see pix of the V8S roadster please. I'm genuinely interested in lowering mine if it looks good.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by alexg
I'd like to see pix of the V8S roadster please. I'm genuinely interested in lowering mine if it looks good.

I know you have been asking about the spacers, I have an update:

the only spacers H&R makes for the 5x108 will not fit the F Type R due to the differing center bore. So for now Im lowered with wheels that are tucked until either I source a set or get new wheels.

alexg (09-06-2014)
Old 09-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vic55

the only spacers H&R makes for the 5x108 will not fit the F Type R due to the differing center bore. So for now Im lowered with wheels that are tucked until either I source a set or get new wheels.
I was following this development as well. and was looking forward to hearing what you found...

Old 09-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

FYI I've been in dialogue with Stuart, who has been quite informative.
Here are some more details on the springs for those interested:

1. What kind of steel are the springs made of?
High-carbon mild steel.

2. Is the manufacturer reliable?
Manufacturer has been around for a long time and are well known with a large product range. Velocity AP uses the same guys in their Aston Martin suspension product.

3. What kind of warranty do you offer on the springs?
The manufacturer is ISO 9001 accredited. Spring failures are extremely rare, but if there were any obvious failures we would certainly replace them.

4. What is the clearance on the car if the springs "bottom out"?
There are bump stops in the suspension and this doesn’t change with the spring type. It rides 4/5 of an inch lower but the fully compressed ride height will be the same as stock.

5. What is the typical amount of labor hours to install the springs, and what kind of body shop should we look for (e.g. do they need to be Jaguar certified, etc)?
I don’t know the F-Type well enough to give you an authoritative answer, but I would guess around 45-60 minutes per corner. Whether they are a main dealer, or Jag certified is up to you, but I would say a good shop used to working with highline vehicles should be just fine.

6. Are you planning to offer matching wheel spacers for the F-Type?
I’m considering something at the moment, but will probably take a few weeks to R&D.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts

Vic, keep working on it. Your F-Type looks stunning with the lowering and the tint/pano roof. It'll bring it together nicely imo.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:13 AM
Veteran Member

No idea about the Arden guys but looks like they have some spacers
http://www.arden.de/uploads/media/Ja..._from_2013.pdf

vic55 (09-06-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 11:39 AM

No idea about the Arden guys but looks like they have some spacers
http://www.arden.de/uploads/media/Ja..._from_2013.pdf

I know a little about them but completely forgot about their spacer options. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: went to their site- "not for use with the F type coupe"

http://shop.arden.de/jaguar/jaguar-f...rung-30mm.html

Last edited by vic55; 09-06-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I know a little about them but completely forgot about their spacer options. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: went to their site- "not for use with the F type coupe"

http://shop.arden.de/jaguar/jaguar-f...rung-30mm.html
So the vert is different from the coupe with regard to wheels, wheel mounts and clearances... ?
Vic, you clearly have more experience modifying vehicles than I, is $700 for a set of spacers in line.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by aJAGMan
So the vert is different from the coupe with regard to wheels, wheel mounts and clearances... ?
Vic, you clearly have more experience modifying vehicles than I, is $700 for a set of spacers in line.

I am guessing the vert might have a different center bore than the coupe and thus the reason the spacers will not work on the coupe.

700 dollars for a set of 4 is way too much- the only issue is availability for the car. I can easily source spacers for my benz and previous M cars for about 200-250 for all four corners. Jag just doesn't have a bunch of options let alone that crazy 5x108 bolt pattern If the Ardens worked on the coupe I would have ordered them without question.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

And the R8

Off topic but Vic, are you following info on the new Mercedes AMG GT? Does the car interest you at all? It sure has piqued mine.

Last edited by Dremorg; 09-07-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member

There's a video of a 700hp RS7. Think with the AWD it did 10.x in the 1/4 mile!
The AMG GT is debuting Sept 9, really looking forward. Love the SLS. If the AMG GT looks remotely like the SLS I might have to sell a kidney soon.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Off topic but Vic, are you following info on the new Mercedes AMG GT? Does the car interest you at all? It sure has piqued mine.
I have heard of the car, seen the car on the internet, but have not looked much further. I does raise my eyebrows though- I have had 8 AMG's in my life and about 6 months ago almost took down an SLS but backed off for the Turbo S.

There's a video of a 700hp RS7. Think with the AWD it did 10.x in the 1/4 mile!
The AMG GT is debuting Sept 9, really looking forward. Love the SLS. If the AMG GT looks remotely like the SLS I might have to sell a kidney soon.
Yes indeed, I have seen the vid(s) of several cars. One member on Audizine with just the APR tune ran 10.7xx or 10.8xx and then with 100 octane he was around 10.6xx. I have just a tune as well but with Cali 91 octane my map is less aggressive but the car is still nuts. Oh, I do have my Jag tuned (since 140 miles), and its running very strong.

Quick Reply: Velocity AP Springs Installed F Type R Coupe w/Pics