F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

velocity or stp tuning which one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Received 253 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Itismejoshy
Same issue with pushin the v8 much past 700hp right?
The V8 is able to reach 760hp reliably (to some reliably means 150K miles, to me it's more like 50K miles)

Old 06-20-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SinF
Block is uncapped (cylinder walls are not continuously connected to the block walls where it meets with head), how are you going to bore it that much, then boost it some more and expect it to survive more than couple dyno pulls without some exotic gasket material and corresponding head work? I think to do this reliably you'd need a custom CNCed block, and that is some $Serious Money$. It would be cheaper to trade in on SVR.

To clarify, I did not say this is impossible, it just unlikely to be reliable on its own. All of this is OK for a track car that has to survive for couple hours between engine tear-downs, not so much for a daily driver. Plus, there is no dip stick so you can't even easily monitor oil condition. So you are unlikely to catch failure early enough to avoid damage.
While I agree that the cost is certainly not justifiable (I have close to 50K into the car besides the 108K purchase price), I like it, as stupid as it may sound, anyone can just buy an SVR, I am proud that I was able to dedicate some of the time that I would otherwise be bored out of my mind due to retirement to this project instead.Keeps me busy doing what I truly enjoy. Contrary to what you mentioned, the car is very good on the road, I just hit 10k miles this past weekend. The block was deck honed,

The following 3 users liked this post by FType17:
Panthro (12-23-2023), Queen and Country (06-20-2018), SinF (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FType17
While I agree that the cost is certainly not justifiable (I have close to 50K into the car besides the 108K purchase price), I am proud that I was able to dedicate some of the time that I would otherwise be bored out of my mind due to retirement
That is the most incredible and convincing argument you have made.
You would be my ideal customer.
Folks dont realize what it cost to buy back passion and enthusiasm, and how priceless and inexpensive it is in the scheme of things.
Indeed, a SVR (to you) would be worthless in comparison.

Change your wheels, sure it looks tuff in person, but just looks like a dark blob on your publicity photo.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

You can hear when it kicks in 3rd gear...
Sounds like a great car!
I'm confused, tho (still :-)). You say time it until it hits 3rd gear for 0-60 timing. I have a Base, in which 2nd gear goes to 55 mph, and I understand that the S is geared shorter than the Base. Is yours a manual, or have you played with gearing, or...

BTW, what tires did you use to get 0-60 in 3.1? Must had some grip!

Old 06-20-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by FullChat
Sounds like a great car!
I'm confused, tho (still :-)). You say time it until it hits 3rd gear for 0-60 timing. I have a Base, in which 2nd gear goes to 55 mph, and I understand that the S is geared shorter than the Base. Is yours a manual, or have you played with gearing, or...

BTW, what tires did you use to get 0-60 in 3.1? Must had some grip!
Unfortunately, it hits 60 in 3rd gear almost instantly when it kicks in. I think that Jaguar should have kept the taller gearing for the car. My car's rev limiter is at 7100rpm.
I have AWD and it helps greatly at launch. I am testing the Falken FK510 right now and I am impressed, especially on the wet. I am a PZero fan otherwise

Old 06-21-2018, 11:39 AM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Something to note.
Stuart taught the guys at Viezu.
No, the other way around....
Actually, neither of these things are true. Q&C, I'm not sure where that information came from but it certainly didn't come from us, we would never claim to have taught Viezu anything. For one, I'm not a file writer or tuner so I haven't taught anybody anything. Chris does all our files and he's a factory trained JLR, Aston, & Bentley technician as well, plus all the tuning stuff.

Going back to over 6 or 7 years ago, we were a client of Viezu, before we got into doing all our own tuning in house. We were not happy with a number of aspects of the products we were receiving, and a couple of particularly difficult instances switched us off from that relationship completely.

However, it's 100% untrue that it is 'the other way around.' We never learned one iota of information about how to tune a car from Viezu, nor would I have any interest in 'learning' anything from them, based on my past dealings with them.

Be very careful what you say. The insinuation that Viezu taught VelocityAP is a very risky statement to make and most likely Libellous.

No interest in this blowing up again and I wish you guys well and no ill will, but please refrain from posting statements like this about our company.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Queen and Country (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Actually, neither of these things are true. Q&C, I'm not sure where that information came from but it certainly didn't come from us, we would never claim to have taught Viezu anything. For one, I'm not a file writer or tuner so I haven't taught anybody anything. Chris does all our files and he's a factory trained JLR, Aston, & Bentley technician as well, plus all the tuning stuff.

Going back to over 6 or 7 years ago, we were a client of Viezu, before we got into doing all our own tuning in house. We were not happy with a number of aspects of the products we were receiving, and a couple of particularly difficult instances switched us off from that relationship completely.

However, it's 100% untrue that it is 'the other way around.' We never learned one iota of information about how to tune a car from Viezu, nor would I have any interest in 'learning' anything from them, based on my past dealings with them.

Be very careful what you say. The insinuation that Viezu taught VelocityAP is a very risky statement to make and most likely Libellous.

No interest in this blowing up again and I wish you guys well and no ill will, but please refrain from posting statements like this about our company.
Pretty ironic that you speak of libel... Unlike you I will skip the legal threats as this thread is about picking a tune and if you take a moment to read I was a gentleman endorsing both all while I am a competitor so this speaks volumes about the differences between the two companies and owners....

Besides you admitted yourself: "Going back to over 6 or 7 years ago, we were a client of Viezu, before we got into doing all our own tuning in house"... making what I wrote accurate by your own admission.

Last edited by FType17; 06-21-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Besides you admitted yourself: "Going back to over 6 or 7 years ago, we were a client of Viezu, before we got into doing all our own tuning in house"... making what I wrote accurate by your own admission.
Client /= Taught. So much for you being a gentleman endorser... no one has ever had a problem with VAP outside of you; I don’t understand the beef.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen

Client /= Taught. So much for you being a gentleman endorser... no one has ever had a problem with VAP outside of you; I don’t understand the beef.

Did I ever mention who was teaching whom? No, not me. Perhaps the one that said that is the one you want to correct. I also never said I had a problem with their stuff...I never used it and if you read around I have suggested using their downpipes etc.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
...most likely Libellous.
What reaction do you anticipate in response to threats of frivolous litigation? Way to throw away the position of being the reasonable party.

The following users liked this post:
FType17 (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 02:37 PM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Unlike you I will skip the legal threats
Skip? Or you mean refrain from making them again. Let's not forget that you threatened to sue me for Libel just a few weeks ago.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 06-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Looks like this thread has run it's course.

The following 3 users liked this post by Norri:
J444G (10-06-2021), Mulmur (06-21-2018), XJsss (12-08-2018)