F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

velocity tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 04:58 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default velocity tune

just ordered velocity tune , installing lower pulley and mina intake upper and lower cone filters too

Old 04-19-2021, 05:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by santacruz11
just ordered velocity tune , installing lower pulley and mina intake upper and lower cone filters too
What did the whole bundle cost? Which tune the 640? You going to dyno next? Bigger question, smog...since ill be doing this maybe at the end of summer, we can race up and down 65 haha....like theres no traffic there

Old 04-21-2021, 07:48 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

That is all I plan on doing myself to the car for performance enhancements. I have the intake just haven't wanted to tear apart the car yet to install. Interested to hear what you think of the upgrades together.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:03 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

have not rec the tune yet , but the mina intake sounds great as well as it dresses up the engine bay , can't feel any hp gain however /

Old 04-21-2021, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by santacruz11
have not rec the tune yet , but the mina intake sounds great as well as it dresses up the engine bay , can't feel any hp gain however /
Yes...You will not get any HP gain from the intake...Just more sound, and of course, your engine bay looks like the Lawn blower tubing(OEM Intake) was removed and replaced with stainless!

The Tune and Pulley is a different story. You will definitely notice a difference in power and torque.

DC

Old 04-21-2021, 11:12 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

yes, its a different feeling and its nice, round about 1,5 -1,8 sec. faster from 62-124 Miles (100-200 km/h) I think as original F Type with 551 PS

Andi

Old 04-21-2021, 08:59 PM
Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

The VAP tune was the best investment I've made. Stewart and Chris, as busy as they are, have always thoughtfully addressed any issues I've had ( there have been a couple ). You have a 2016, and I a 2014, so its not apples to apples, but w my RWD the VAP tune has turned my car into a... thing to be contemplated, celebrated and respected. There is no ask for more power.

Old 04-21-2021, 09:14 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ferrral
The VAP tune was the best investment I've made. Stewart and Chris, as busy as they are, have always thoughtfully addressed any issues I've had ( there have been a couple ). You have a 2016, and I a 2014, so its not apples to apples, but w my RWD the VAP tune has turned my car into a... thing to be contemplated, celebrated and respected. There is no ask for more power.
Hey guys...with no model/specs in the signatures here, I am assuming this thread refers to V*?

Old 04-21-2021, 09:15 PM

V8????

Old 04-21-2021, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

If you're overeager with the shift key, I think this is the V*, but with the V^ the power difference is quite enjoyable with both a tune and pulley.

The following 2 users liked this post by lizzardo:
scm (04-22-2021), Sparky H (04-29-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 09:35 PM
Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparky H
Hey guys...with no model/specs in the signatures here, I am assuming this thread refers to V*?
Hey Sparky,

I think my sig say's 14 V8S but I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing. Please let me know if that is not visible and I'll try to sort it out. Apologies.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:17 PM

Wowww..back to the thread and sigs are now on most of the posts. I have never been on any social media groups before...how do you do that! lol.
From cowboy

to city boy aint no easy ropin' Sirs and Ma'ams....Thanks for puttin up with me anyway.
Elk steak dinners for members here that make it to Utah....and mtn lion jerky!

The following users liked this post:
ferrral (04-21-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Hey Sparky,

I think my sig say's 14 V8S but I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing. Please let me know if that is not visible and I'll try to sort it out. Apologies.
No sigs show up on the mobile version of the forum.

Sparky H (04-29-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 09:31 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Don’t want to start my own thread. With just a tune and flashing tool, no pulley. Is the difference noticeable in the 2014 V8S? Also, if I bought the pulley later , Will I have to pay for updated software as well?

Old 04-26-2021, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Madscott
Don’t want to start my own thread. With just a tune and flashing tool, no pulley. Is the difference noticeable in the 2014 V8S? Also, if I bought the pulley later , Will I have to pay for updated software as well?
No charge for the additional "with pulley" tune, just do as I did and many others have done and ask VAP to load both the "without pulley" and "with pulley" tunes on the tool right from the start. Then if/when you get a pulley and install it you retune using the "with pulley" tune.
Only one hassle, you will need to reflash back to the stock tune before you apply the "with pulley" tune.

JacksonvilleJag (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
No charge for the additional "with pulley" tune, just do as I did and many others have done and ask VAP to load both the "without pulley" and "with pulley" tunes on the tool right from the start. Then if/when you get a pulley and install it you retune using the "with pulley" tune.
Only one hassle, you will need to reflash back to the stock tune before you apply the "with pulley" tune.
When I got my "no-pulley" tune I asked about getting one for once I installed a pulley. He told me that the tune was the same. No pulley, I'd get the benefit of the tune, but that it was configured to also cope with the added boost of the pulley. I did not change tunes when I installed the pulley and all was good. I did ask for an update to get the smoother throttle response they'd developed after my initial tune, and that worked as expected too. No charge for the update. The VAP support has been everything I'd have asked for.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
When I got my "no-pulley" tune I asked about getting one for once I installed a pulley. He told me that the tune was the same. No pulley, I'd get the benefit of the tune, but that it was configured to also cope with the added boost of the pulley. I did not change tunes when I installed the pulley and all was good. I did ask for an update to get the smoother throttle response they'd developed after my initial tune, and that worked as expected too. No charge for the update. The VAP support has been everything I'd have asked for.
How long ago did you get your tune?
Coz when I got mine some 3.3 years ago it was definitely two different tunes and they still show on my V-Tech tuning gadget as two separate files, and I definitely removed the first tune (and reflashed the OEM tune back on which is also still on the gadget) then flashed the "with pulley" tune on.
Maybe things have changed over the years and/or it's different for the MT?

Old 04-27-2021, 03:17 AM
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
when was this update with the throttle response? whats the change?

Old 04-27-2021, 09:13 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

The VAP tune was the best investment I've made.
I could not agree more, I got 605 HP from 444 HP with a tune

Old 04-27-2021, 09:30 AM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
How long ago did you get your tune?
Coz when I got mine some 3.3 years ago it was definitely two different tunes and they still show on my V-Tech tuning gadget as two separate files, and I definitely removed the first tune (and reflashed the OEM tune back on which is also still on the gadget) then flashed the "with pulley" tune on.
Maybe things have changed over the years and/or it's different for the MT?
I recently changed from the no pulley tune to the with pulley tune on the V6 and that definitely required an updated tune. Chris Explicitly instructed me to avoid driving the vehicle with the pulley installed without the pulley tune.

Quick Reply: velocity tune