F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VelocityAP 10th Anniversary Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 05:40 AM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I'm a very satisfied customer.

If there are any fence-sitters out there - don't be!

I have a '14 V8S that has been through the VAP treatment - 200 cell sportcat pipes and a VAP tune - 'weapons grade' are the only 2 words that come close to describing the car.

To give an idea - on a recent Bullrush Rally drive (a local Cannonball type rally feeder run) the owner of the wackiest car (a metallic orange Aventador SV Roadster with matching orange seats) tracked me down at the first rest stop just so he could shake my hand and tell me he wish he'd bought an F-Type cos the exhaust was the best sound he'd ever heard.

To top that off - I found myself in a rolling drag race with 2 very rare cars - a bright orange GT3RS and a (I had no idea they came in RHD) brand spanking new black Corvette Z-06. We all hit the gas at around 30-40kph and lifted around 180kph. No car pulled away from the other - not one millimeter.

This was witnessed by the Bullrush Rally's organiser in case there are any doubters out there.

Drop him a line if you don't believe it.

With the right mods - yes - the F-Type is THAT fast.

The following 2 users liked this post by Aus V8S:
domino_z (11-24-2018), sts-v (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 09:50 AM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Aus V8S
If there are any fence-sitters out there - don't be!

I have a '14 V8S that has been through the VAP treatment - 200 cell sportcat pipes and a VAP tune - 'weapons grade' are the only 2 words that come close to describing the car.

To give an idea - on a recent Bullrush Rally drive (a local Cannonball type rally feeder run) the owner of the wackiest car (a metallic orange Aventador SV Roadster with matching orange seats) tracked me down at the first rest stop just so he could shake my hand and tell me he wish he'd bought an F-Type cos the exhaust was the best sound he'd ever heard.

To top that off - I found myself in a rolling drag race with 2 very rare cars - a bright orange GT3RS and a (I had no idea they came in RHD) brand spanking new black Corvette Z-06. We all hit the gas at around 30-40kph and lifted around 180kph. No car pulled away from the other - not one millimeter.

This was witnessed by the Bullrush Rally's organiser in case there are any doubters out there.

Drop him a line if you don't believe it.

Thank you!!! I love hearing this. Super pumped to get everything in and installed!

Old 12-18-2017, 11:16 AM
Received 241 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Aus V8S

Great to hear your mods are working as planned. How's traction in first couple gears - do you find you can use the power or do you have to save it for higher gears?

Old 12-19-2017, 03:53 AM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Very good point

Traction has always been the source of the greatest smiles and the greatest weaknesses of 2WD F-Types.

It comes down to tires and throttle behaviour. I've 'cooked' my rear Michelin Pilot Super Sports by doing burnouts - but despite that they still got me the results mentioned above and lifted me out of Kangaroo Valley that day in what I would describe as one the the most memorable and simply outrageous motoring moments I've ever experienced.

No wheel slip and perfect traction once rolling. It was - epic.

Outside of semi-slicks the best rubber I know of is the Pilot Sport 4S so if you're doing VAPs mods go all out and help your car put this new happiness to the ground with a set of new new paws.

Who said the British and French never got along?

Aus V8S

Old 12-19-2017, 09:40 AM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

I wonder what the difference is between Sport Cup 2's and Pilot Sport 4S.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at the Jaguar F-Type V6 XPipe Exhaust, since my F-Type did not come with the active exhaust button and I want more noise!
However, my question is, do I want the Sport or the Super-Sport noise level? And do you have any clips available?

Thanks
Jen

Old 12-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I would be curious too. I installed the Jaguar "active exhaust" and just have the valves open all the time. I wonder how that compares to what VAP offers.

On another note, I just put my tune on the base care and HOLY COW there is a lot more power now followed by a bunch of crackles and pops. You can see this thread for more info.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...6-tune-193775/

Old 12-20-2017, 03:01 PM
Received 241 Likes on 173 Posts

Might want to look into the VAP valvetronic - I think he makes it for the V-6 now. Really enhances the F types awesome sound. Its probably 20% louder than the stock system with valves open and a much richer sound. And its nice to have the ability to go quiet on those occasions where the neighborhood (or your passenger) require a bit more civility.

The following users liked this post:
speedski (12-20-2017)
Old 11-23-2018, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered the ECU tune for my V6S. Look forward to installing it when the cat comes out of winter storage.
Thanks Stuart.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:19 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

Great to hear the tune works well down under

since swapping out mpss with ps4s I can go wot in 2nd with traction off and very little/if any wheel spin

tbh I kinda miss having the rear step out so easily on 2nd and 3rd on the mpss, that’s the point of having a rwd car, so maybe I need this tune afterall