F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VelocityAP Black Friday 2020

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 01:48 AM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
Yes. Lower pulley / Crank pulley. You have to look to see if your OEM is Black or Silver to get the correct replacement. You select your (OEM)pulley co!or, tune, and flash device...you will get a stage II ecu tune, a crank pulley, a new belt, and a flash tool.
DC
now it makes sense. Thanks

Old 11-22-2020, 03:23 AM
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scz4
Are these discount only available in the US? What about the UK, through vendors like David Appleby etc.
Just had a look on your website vs David Appleby (UK Supplier), are you able to work with them to get prices under control??? That's a lot more than just import duty, we're paying double!! Unfortunately they're pricing you out the market.

Valvetronic Exhaust
VAP Price - $2495
VAP Discounted Price - $1871
David Appleby price - £2592 = $3444

Springs:
VAP Price - $695
VAP Discounted Price $521
UK Price £720 = $956

Tune & Pulley:
VAP Price - $1939
VAP Discounted Price $1454
UK Price £2010 = $2670

Old 11-22-2020, 02:36 PM
Received 109 Likes on 45 Posts

As much as I agree with the sentiment (and I'm a fellow UK owner looking to buy something from VAP), it's a bit too simplistic to suggest that the price in USD, converted to GBP plus VAT is the price we should pay over here from somewhere like David Appleby Engineering. For starters you have considerable shipping costs, on heavy and/or bulky items. I believe I'm right in also saying that the USA store prices are always shown exclusive of sales tax, which varies from state to state so even the US residents aren't going to necessarily pay the headline price listed on the site (please correct me if I'm wrong here, I usually am when trying to speak about all matters foreign!). Traditionally, here in the UK, we've pretty much always seen "price of something in the USA, in USD = price we pay in UK, in GBP" across a lot of stuff, especially IT kit. All in all, it's not a simple "price in dollars on web-site converted to GBP is what we should expect to pay". Then we have to factor in the fact that it's very rare to get something at the exchange rate shown on any given day, the banks / card issuers usually use a different exchange rate (obviously working in their favour).

All of that aside, it would be great if we could either:

a) Get the same Black Friday discount over here from the UK agent
or
b) Order direct and have the items shipped

I'm after the ECU tune so I'm not sure option b) is a starter as my F-Type is >2018 so it needs the loaner tool and I'm not sure VAP are going to want to send that across the pond, no matter how trustworthy my face

Old 11-23-2020, 01:10 AM
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Available in Australia via the local distributor (as of today), so I'd imagine that UK will also be included

The following users liked this post:
Cluck (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 01:11 AM
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Are these discount only available in the US? What about the UK, through vendors like David Appleby etc.
Available in Australia via the local distributor (as of today), so I'd imagine that UK will also be included

Old 11-23-2020, 12:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Two questions: First, when I added a V6 tune to my shopping cart, I received a magenta error message that a tune file had been removed. Is this because the tune file will be delivered later by email?
Second: Do you take Paypal? I have a balance I'd like to use to pay for the tune.
Brooks

Old 11-23-2020, 01:17 PM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Yes...Will definitely notice either way. SVR starts 25 HP higher than R...All V8's end up the same...Here is a comparison of their data (VAP). All significant gains!

DC

Just Tune on 5.0:
STOCK = 495, 510, 550, 575BHP —-) TUNED = 605BHP
STOCK = 461, 502, 517FT/LBS —-) TUNED = 542FT/LBS

Tune and Lower Pulley on 5.0:
STOCK = 495, 510, 550, 575BHP —-) TUNED = 645BHP
STOCK = 461, 502, 517FT/LBS —-) TUNED = 597FT/LBS
That's pretty much spot on what my car made to the crank HP and TQ. The Power Package from VelocityAP really brings out the true potential of the car! I love it!

Therock88 (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 03:11 PM
Sponsor
Received 856 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by slipstream
Two questions: First, when I added a V6 tune to my shopping cart, I received a magenta error message that a tune file had been removed. Is this because the tune file will be delivered later by email?
Second: Do you take Paypal? I have a balance I'd like to use to pay for the tune.
Brooks
Disregard that, it is a behind the scenes thing that's not working but it won't affect your order.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 11-23-2020, 03:14 PM
Sponsor
Received 856 Likes on 483 Posts

Just had a look on your website vs David Appleby (UK Supplier), are you able to work with them to get prices under control??? That's a lot more than just import duty, we're paying double!! Unfortunately they're pricing you out the market.

Valvetronic Exhaust
VAP Price - $2495
VAP Discounted Price - $1871
David Appleby price - £2592 = $3444

Springs:
VAP Price - $695
VAP Discounted Price $521
UK Price £720 = $956

Tune & Pulley:
VAP Price - $1939
VAP Discounted Price $1454
UK Price £2010 = $2670
The pricing DAE has listed on their website is inclusive of 20% VAT + Shipping & Duties included. It does not appear they have the sale pricing set up on their web store but if you email James@DavidApplebyEngineering.com they will be able to provide you with sale pricing. It won't work out exactly the same as our sale pricing because of the aforementioned shipping & VAT but it should be pretty close.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Cluck (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 01:38 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Great! I just finished my Cat/downpipe install from VAP, and considering the TCU/ Transmission tune. At some point I should just stop... :-)
DC
Never stop!

Old 11-24-2020, 04:53 AM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

How does the tuning work exactly? Do we have to ship or send something? Or is so simple that its all done from our garage?

Also, I have cats on the way. I hear it's best to get a tune to clear the faults. Would it harm the engine if we didn't? Something we could clear with the home tuning?

Old 11-24-2020, 05:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by lossking_
How does the tuning work exactly? Do we have to ship or send something? Or is so simple that its all done from our garage?

Also, I have cats on the way. I hear it's best to get a tune to clear the faults. Would it harm the engine if we didn't? Something we could clear with the home tuning?
Yes... Very easy. You get a small device (flash tool) with instructions. You connect the flash tool to your car via OBDII port. Copy your OEM file from your car's ECU (COMPUTER). Upload that file, via VAP website. They write a new modified file, and you download it back to your flash device... Then plug back in to car and upload your tuned file.

Cats may set off a CEL, as the O2 sensor parameters may be exceeded with the new high flow system. Tune does fix/prevent that. Mine is running great!

Good luck,
DC

Old 11-24-2020, 09:17 AM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by lossking_
Here is a video walking you through the entire procedure.
He also has a few nice videos on the F-Type

Old 11-24-2020, 02:14 PM
Received 109 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
The pricing DAE has listed on their website is inclusive of 20% VAT + Shipping & Duties included. It does not appear they have the sale pricing set up on their web store but if you email James@DavidApplebyEngineering.com they will be able to provide you with sale pricing. It won't work out exactly the same as our sale pricing because of the aforementioned shipping & VAT but it should be pretty close.
Have dropped them an e-mail myself, re. the ECU tune. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks again (even though I know you were replying to somebody else!)

Old 11-28-2020, 02:49 PM
EdG
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Has anyone had issues ordering a V6S tune and pulley? I tried to order a tune and pulley for my 2016 V6S. When I go to the cart I get the message "Tuning File has been removed from your cart because it can no longer be purchased. Please contact us if you need assistance.” I emailed VAP a few days ago but have not heard back yet.

Any insight?

Old 11-28-2020, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by EdG
Has anyone had issues ordering a V6S tune and pulley? I tried to order a tune and pulley for my 2016 V6S. When I go to the cart I get the message "Tuning File has been removed from your cart because it can no longer be purchased. Please contact us if you need assistance.” I emailed VAP a few days ago but have not heard back yet.

Any insight?
I think that is just a glitch with their site honestly. I already have the tune and Pulley for my R AWD and when I logged back in, weeks afterwards I got the exact same message. I also think they are very busy with the Black Friday sale, as I am waiting for an updated ECU / Tune file since adding the Cats has caused a CEL now.

I think you will be able to get what you want....I think they are likely just swamped a bit, and then the holiday does not help.

Good luck,
DC

Old 11-28-2020, 03:41 PM
EdG

I think that is just a glitch with their site honestly. I already have the tune and Pulley for my R AWD and when I logged back in, weeks afterwards I got the exact same message. I also think they are very busy with the Black Friday sale, as I am waiting for an updated ECU / Tune file since adding the Cats has caused a CEL now.

I think you will be able to get what you want....I think they are likely just swamped a bit, and then the holiday does not help.

Good luck,
DC
I think you are likely correct. However, I want to make sure I can still get the tune before placing the order. I assume I'll hear back at some point.

Old 11-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by EdG

Any insight?
See Stuart's post earlier in the thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...2/#post2320167

Old 11-28-2020, 06:57 PM
EdG

Originally Posted by Mahjik
See Stuart's post earlier in the thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...2/#post2320167
THANKS! I missed that post.

Old 11-29-2020, 11:04 PM
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

Was waiting for this.. placed my order on a pulley+tune. Just in time for the holidays when I'll have some down time to get everything done!

supersportmtl (11-30-2020)

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Black Friday 2020