F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VelocityAP Exhaust Development Jaguar F-Type V8S, V8R, V6 & V6S

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 01:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 893 Posts

Cheers, I have been texting the guys who fitted it and they are sure it is the right pulley and they did mention the colour thing.

But the hold up with fitting was that there had been a notch in the belt that came with it so they got another one in, maybe that is the culprit. The belt is definitely off as I can pull part of it up, but I dont know whether it is attached anywhere else and I'm a bit wary of starting the car in case it starts flapping around, I might just get the car carted to the mechanics anyway.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Cheers, I have been texting the guys who fitted it and they are sure it is the right pulley and they did mention the colour thing.

But the hold up with fitting was that there had been a notch in the belt that came with it so they got another one in, maybe that is the culprit. The belt is definitely off as I can pull part of it up, but I dont know whether it is attached anywhere else and I'm a bit wary of starting the car in case it starts flapping around, I might just get the car carted to the mechanics anyway.
The crossover intake tube takes about 5 minutes to remove. With that removed, it is very easy to get your hands down in far enough to fish the belt from around all the pulleys.

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (09-07-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 01:31 AM
Veteran Member

Cheers, the belt is snapped and completely shredded like spaghetti in parts. I think I'll let them fish the bits out. Google tells me that a misaligned pulley may be the culprit.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Sponsor
Received 853 Likes on 480 Posts

Cheers, the belt is snapped and completely shredded like spaghetti in parts. I think I'll let them fish the bits out. Google tells me that a misaligned pulley may be the culprit.
Hi Bruce,

I think you probably purchased this through our Australia distributors Scuderia Auto Art. They have both crank pulley types in stock so it's unlikely to be the 'wrong' offset pulley.

I have a shipment of belts on the way to them shortly. Glad you enjoyed the Mods so much (albeit briefly!)

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 09-08-2019, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member

Best 20km I've ever driven!

Old 09-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Active Exhaust

Hey I'm considering buying the racing exhaust from you guys. I am aware that your exhaust is active but I just want to know if I can wire the VAP exhaust into the cars original wires to control the flaps from my dash with the button that controls the OEM exhaust? thanks you in advance for your response

Old 09-11-2019, 03:51 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,110 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Probably quicker to contact VAP directly. Stuart’s email is in his signature.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member

I think that is the (valevtronic) touring exhaust which I have, and Unhingd has. He has more experience with it than I, but once installed you can just use the OEM loud button on the centre console. I have only pushed it once on mine as the exhaust is insanely loud to start with.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Josue Ferreira
Hey I'm considering buying the racing exhaust from you guys. I am aware that your exhaust is active but I just want to know if I can wire the VAP exhaust into the cars original wires to control the flaps from my dash with the button that controls the OEM exhaust? thanks you in advance for your response
Our Valved system works with the factory valve controls, yes.

www.velocityap.com

Old 09-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

The Valvetronic is a simple plug and play using the same vacuum circuit as the OEM active exhaust muffler. The cabin switch works the same way.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:32 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think that is the (valevtronic) touring exhaust which I have, and Unhingd has. He has more experience with it than I, but once installed you can just use the OEM loud button on the centre console. I have only pushed it once on mine as the exhaust is insanely loud to start with.
I have been watching this thread to see if anyone can post videos difference between the VAP exhausts (touring, sport, racing), considering the sport for my V6S; I can't believe the touring is already insanely loud (I guess your V8 is already loud). I even saw in the forum market place that a VAP exhaust was on sale because it was too loud. Treating myself to a car mod and I can't decide if I want the VAP exhaust first or VS/BC wheels. First world problems.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:46 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,468 Likes on 1,113 Posts

Originally Posted by devmen
... I can't decide if I want the VAP exhaust first or VS/BC wheels. First world problems.
Depends whether you want to treat your eyes or your ears!

Old 09-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member

I have been watching this thread to see if anyone can post videos difference between the VAP exhausts (touring, sport, racing), considering the sport for my V6S; I can't believe the touring is already insanely loud (I guess your V8 is already loud). I even saw in the forum market place that a VAP exhaust was on sale because it was too loud. Treating myself to a car mod and I can't decide if I want the VAP exhaust first or VS/BC wheels. First world problems.
Hi, mine is the v6S like yours. The touring exhaust (mine is for the v8 coz I wanted quad tips) improves the tone IMO because it makes it deeper and more burble at idle, at launch it sounds a bit like a small bore v8 which is actually what I wanted. But I had the ECU tune and pulley done at the same time.

Personally I would do wheels first. Because I did! A decent set of forged wheels with good rubber will change the driving characteristics of the car for the better.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member

Sound recorded on a smartphone in no way replicates the glory that emanates from a VAP exhaust. You have to be there. As mentioned, the sound of the V8 VAP exhaust is particularly appealing when mounted on the V6.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out my video if you scroll up. It’s from our v6 base with the sport exhaust, center pipes, stock midpipes and stock tune. You have to play it on a quality sound system with a subwoofer to really get a good representation.
I’m glad we went with the sport and it the touring. On our convertible, You can hear the exhaust even when cruising and playing music. It’s deep at low Rpms without being obtrusive, and above 3500 it howls like a sports car. The pops and crackles sound more like gunshots as well.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Sound recorded on a smartphone in no way replicates the glory that emanates from a VAP exhaust. You have to be there. As mentioned, the sound of the V8 VAP exhaust is particularly appealing when mounted on the V6.
I have to say - i recorded mine using my iPhone X and expected it to sound crappy, but after the playing it back from my home audio system it sounded like the real car - even the dog was confused lol

Old 09-13-2019, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jklad
I have to say - i recorded mine using my iPhone X and expected it to sound crappy, but after the playing it back from my home audio system it sounded like the real car - even the dog was confused lol
The iPhone 8 is not quite there.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 319 Posts

Stuart, still no advances on a system for the 2.0, model is out 2 years now.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by powerhouse
Stuart, still no advances on a system for the 2.0, model is out 2 years now.
We are 99% sure our V6 systems will fit, but nobody has stepped forward to test it out yet.

www.velocityap.com

Old 09-14-2019, 05:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
We are 99% sure our V6 systems will fit, but nobody has stepped forward to test it out yet.
pity i'm not near you would give it a shot, on the 2.0 there is only one active valve, on a 3" pipe the other is 2.5. Maybe just use your box and have no valve/valves and block the active valve pipe. Bracket attachments are the same, same box on v6 as 2.0 just tailpipes differ and valves and pipe attachment size,

Do you want to send me one to try

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Exhaust Development Jaguar F-Type V8S, V8R, V6 & V6S