F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VelocityAP Jaguar F-Type ECU Tuning, V6, V6S, V8S, V8R

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016 | 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
Yes Sir!

The hand held will do the stock file read off your car, you send that file to us. We make the required edits to the file and sent it make to you via email. Generally I try to do a few hour turn around but if I get swapped it might take the day.

Once you receive the file, download it to the hand held, plug in the unit to the car, download that file into the car and Volla!

What's good about the hand held, is you can return the car back to stock if needed...the unit becomes yours, you keep it :-)
Even for an idiot like me? I would be interested in that so we can have one stock tune for when it goes back to the dealer and your tune for normal driving. I would like a 93 Octane tune, do you know roughly what the gains would be and advantages. Sorry for the basic questions, but this is my first car as I've always driven SUVs. Also, what is the cost of the unit.

Thank you

Old 04-30-2016 | 10:53 PM
|
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
Even for an idiot like me? I would be interested in that so we can have one stock tune for when it goes back to the dealer and your tune for normal driving. I would like a 93 Octane tune, do you know roughly what the gains would be and advantages. Sorry for the basic questions, but this is my first car as I've always driven SUVs. Also, what is the cost of the unit.

Thank you
They are pretty darn simple to use, and we are available *almost* 24/7/365 for support. If everyone is asleep you're on your own, but basically any other time, evenings, weekends etc. we'll answer and talk you through it.

Gains will depend upon what model you're starting with, a V8 F-Type will end up at roughly 605BHP at the crank on 91 Octane, perhaps 610 or so on 93 Octane. So if you start with a V8S you'll post larger gains than an R.

Email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com and we can sort everything out if you wish to order.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 04-30-2016 | 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
They are pretty darn simple to use, and we are available *almost* 24/7/365 for support. If everyone is asleep you're on your own, but basically any other time, evenings, weekends etc. we'll answer and talk you through it.

Gains will depend upon what model you're starting with, a V8 F-Type will end up at roughly 605BHP at the crank on 91 Octane, perhaps 610 or so on 93 Octane. So if you start with a V8S you'll post larger gains than an R.

Email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com and we can sort everything out if you wish to order.
I think that the power under the curve means a lot more than the peak HP. The area under the curve is definitely greater than stock or my previous tune.

Old 05-01-2016 | 05:55 AM

hi Stuart

what would be the process to install a tune + pulley in australia. would you now have a base map that could get me up and running on 98ron/91aki, or does the vtech tool allow logging to fine tune a custom map?

Old 05-01-2016 | 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by domino_z
hi Stuart

what would be the process to install a tune + pulley in australia. would you now have a base map that could get me up and running on 98ron/91aki, or does the vtech tool allow logging to fine tune a custom map?
The Vtech hand held is just a flash tool, it cannot do any logging or custom map tuning. We have software developed for the 5.0 and 3.0, we're working with a few clients to get dyno numbers in print and fine tune some stuff like afr. The market your in doesn't really play a different role, the engine management system will do the required adaptin, even for Jaguars OEM software there's mainly just a North American software and then a Rest of World.. in most cases it's just emissions requirements that change in the software.

The software we have is setup for 91aki just like OEM requirements, so there's no worry..if you send Stuart an email he can hook you up with more details, Stuart@VelocityAP.com

Old 05-02-2016 | 11:51 AM
|
Sponsor

Originally Posted by domino_z
hi Stuart

YHM

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-02-2016 | 09:42 PM

I took a ride today in cbroth1's car, and my neck actually hurts. I can't believe the car was able to move like that with an extra 80 kg in the car, let alone from 2nd GEAR. The last time my neck felt like this was driving a 991 Turbo S. I just took some ibuprofen...

On a side and more important note, Stuart has been helping me work out some stuff with my car. My experience with VelocityAP/Stuart thus far has been top notch and Stuart has been more than accommodating to work with my schedule. He is very easy to reach and I'm looking forward to working with him.

The following 3 users liked this post by TimelessR:
domino_z (05-02-2016), Smoke Em (05-03-2016), Stuart@VelocityAP (05-04-2016)
Old 05-02-2016 | 11:44 PM
Default =

Originally Posted by TimelessR
I took a ride today in cbroth1's car, and my neck actually hurts. I can't believe the car was able to move like that with an extra 80 kg in the car, let alone from 2nd GEAR. The last time my neck felt like this was driving a 991 Turbo S. I just took some ibuprofen...

On a side and more important note, Stuart has been helping me work out some stuff with my car. My experience with VelocityAP/Stuart thus far has been top notch and Stuart has been more than accommodating to work with my schedule. He is very easy to reach and I'm looking forward to working with him.
+1 on the helpful input and customer service from VelocityAP.

Sorry about the neck lol. The low-end torque is transformed and the power curve is filled in. Ironically, the car feels so smooth now that I can't tell if it is faster, because the low range is so much closer to the top end power. The power up top can be further unlocked with downpipes where we won't have to worry about melting the stock cats any more. 850+ degrees C is a lot of heat! The great thing about the tune is that the drivability is maintained with additional power that feels like a bigger motor has been dropped in.

The following users liked this post:
Smoke Em (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016 | 11:17 AM
|
Sponsor

Originally Posted by cbroth1
+1 on the helpful input and customer service from VelocityAP.

Sorry about the neck lol. The low-end torque is transformed and the power curve is filled in. Ironically, the car feels so smooth now that I can't tell if it is faster, because the low range is so much closer to the top end power. The power up top can be further unlocked with downpipes where we won't have to worry about melting the stock cats any more. 850+ degrees C is a lot of heat! The great thing about the tune is that the drivability is maintained with additional power that feels like a bigger motor has been dropped in.
Maybe the tunes should include a free bottle of Aleve?

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-03-2016 | 11:43 AM

Can't wait to see some dyno charts!

Would you be able to provide tunes for a V6 with an upper and lower pulley installed?

I'm also really looking forward to the headers. Think there's me, and a couple of other forum members, who are looking to install lower pulleys for the V6. Headers would really help us reduce excessive boost levels .

Old 05-03-2016 | 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by ss23
Can't wait to see some dyno charts!

Would you be able to provide tunes for a V6 with an upper and lower pulley installed?

I'm also really looking forward to the headers. Think there's me, and a couple of other forum members, who are looking to install lower pulleys for the V6. Headers would really help us reduce excessive boost levels .
+1 regarding the tunes for V6S.

Old 05-03-2016 | 01:43 PM
Veteran Member

Just as various vendors including Velocity offer only one tune for the V8s (both 495 and 550), there will only be one tune for the V6 (340 and 380). Since they are identical engines, the 340 V6 will be the big gainer w/ the same tuned HP and torque as the tuned V6S.

Old 05-03-2016 | 02:36 PM
Veteran Member

+1.

Old 05-03-2016 | 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Just as various vendors including Velocity offer only one tune for the V8s (both 495 and 550), there will only be one tune for the V6 (340 and 380). Since they are identical engines, the 340 V6 will be the big gainer w/ the same tuned HP and torque as the tuned V6S.
The question is more regarding tunes for V6 or V6S cars with an aftermarket upper pulley and/or lower pulley installed (which will be both in my case).

Old 05-03-2016 | 02:59 PM
Veteran Member

The question is more regarding tunes for V6 or V6S cars with an aftermarket upper pulley and/or lower pulley installed (which will be both in my case).
Do not bother with the upper pulley. The smallest aftermarket pulley is 60.5mm (Mina Gallery) and the OEM V6 pulley is 62mm. That's only a 2.5% decrease for the V6. The V8 OEM upper pulley is 66mm, so there's a full 8+% differential for those engines.

The largest lower pulley (Eurotoys) is a full 11.5% larger than OEM and is much easier to install. I ended up with the upper pulley change only because I didn't have a chance to measure the OEM pulley before it was removed.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
dwmilton (05-03-2020), Smoke Em (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016 | 03:09 PM

Wtv combo pulley you choose, I just need to know the pulley ratio.. So basically the size of the upper and the size of the lower(not a guess but an actually measurement).. With the measurement I can figure out the estimate boost possible with the blower and allow X amount of boost. Lambda might need to be made richer and timing pulled to suit the added pressure...but it's not a problem

Old 05-03-2016 | 06:08 PM

Details on a tune for a 2016 Base V6 automatic? Kinda embarrassing when I've got a Nissan 370z keeping up with me...

Old 05-03-2016 | 06:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Details on a tune for a 2016 Base V6 automatic? Kinda embarrassing when I've got a Nissan 370z keeping up with me...
Very difficult to get dyno curves/data off of an automatic because It cannot be locked into a single gear.

Old 05-03-2016 | 06:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Like I said, it should be the same as the V6S tune. I'm not considering pulley changes and the like, but I'm equally interested in details on tune only.

Old 05-03-2016 | 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Like I said, it should be the same as the V6S tune. I'm not considering pulley changes and the like, but I'm equally interested in details on tune only.
+1. It doesn't appear that the tune alone would be worth it. In just reading what most folks are writing in the forums and messages. I'm definitely new and have no experience to this tuning stuff, but I'm trying. If I do a tune alone appears I would increase my HP from 380 to 390 and TQ from 339 to ~360. I've read that the HP through the curve is much better and I get that, but I think I would want more power and torque. From what I've read if I do a lower pulley and a tune then I can be in the 430HP range and 410 TQ range with the same spread across the curve and now that sounds "AMAZING" and definitely has peaked my interests. Am I misunderstanding everything? I apologize for my ignorance and dumb questions, just trying to learn from you experts =)

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Jaguar F-Type ECU Tuning, V6, V6S, V8S, V8R