F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VelocityAP Jaguar F-Type ECU Tuning, V6, V6S, V8S, V8R

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2024, 04:35 PM
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
Yes, the bypass mapping has changed over the years, but no relation to K309.
The new facelift F-Type's, they have electric bypass valves and can be manipulated without engine vacuum. So, JLR can keep them open or closed at any rpm via a duty cycle. The "loud" bypass mapping will hold valves open at idle to make it sound aggressive, then close the valves a all the way OR a partial amount, till the higher rpm's which the valves need to open to release excesses backpressure

Nonetheless, we have the ability to change all that. For example, the loud mapping or any others can be set to stay open 100% of the time...etc.
Thanks for clarifying the update situation, my bad with with the K309 confusion.
Just to be clear, electric bypass is 2021+ and you can change the behavior with vacuum systems too, right?
And is there are any problems with GPF or is it only acting a bit like a muffler?

Old 08-01-2024, 03:19 PM
Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by J444G
Thanks for clarifying the update situation, my bad with with the K309 confusion.
Just to be clear, electric bypass is 2021+ and you can change the behavior with vacuum systems too, right?
And is there are any problems with GPF or is it only acting a bit like a muffler?
Yes, I can manipulate the exhaust active electric valve position on the +2021MY.

Yes, I can change the behavior of the earlier models equipped with vacuum valves, but those are open anyways when the loud button is active so it's really pointless. Also, if it's not open (normal mode..etc), the driver can simply pull the fuse operating these vacuum valves which forces them open 100% of the time. For those reasons, we don't edit the valves in the mapping for the vacuum equipped vehicles, leaving the driver the adjustability to suit ones personal desired exhaust note..

The late pre-facelift F-Type GPF's had zero programming into the engine ecu, they were equipped and not monitored, as the facelift models came about, the GPF became monitored and required disabling inside the ecu to be removed/deleted.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Tuning@VelocityAP:
J444G (08-01-2024), TheDrainPlug (08-09-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 05:30 PM

Yes, I can change the behavior of the earlier models equipped with vacuum valves, but those are open anyways when the loud button is active so it's really pointless.
I have double-checked with the UK guys and it seems like a fact that some update (at least in Europe) makes valve closed even in dynamic + loud button active under cca 3,5k rpm (thats the reason why pulling the fuse) - I am talking about vacuum system cars.
If you can change this behavior - active exhaust on = open valves like the original, I am sure you would have quite a few customers here. Many people don't want to lose the ability to close the valve and don"t want the fuse out.

Old 08-04-2024, 05:33 PM
Sponsor
Received 856 Likes on 483 Posts

I have double-checked with the UK guys and it seems like a fact that some update (at least in Europe) makes valve closed even in dynamic + loud button active under cca 3,5k rpm (thats the reason why pulling the fuse) - I am talking about vacuum system cars.
If you can change this behavior - active exhaust on = open valves like the original, I am sure you would have quite a few customers here. Many people don't want to lose the ability to close the valve and don"t want the fuse out.
Yes, as Chris has stated, we can change the behaviour of the valves, on the early vacuum operated cars with software.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 08-04-2024, 06:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Yes, as Chris has stated, we can change the behaviour of the valves, on the early vacuum operated cars with software.
Hi Stuart, can I interrupt for a moment. I have the VAP pulley and tune and the touring exhaust on my V6S. All was fantastic until I had Jag service it last year and they have murdered the engine note which is now whoofy in normal mode, like an old dog's fart. Dynamic is still fine but it is a bit over the top for normal driving. Jag say they didnt do anything but the tune and exhaust have been checked and they are working perfectly. I asked my performance mechanics if we could go back on the ECU and they thought you could end up with a major disaster if we tried. Is there anything that can be done from your end?

Also I am at the pointy end of deciding whether to go ahead with a CAI. After reading the many, many posts on it, I am inclined to go with the carbon upper pipes which means Paramount at the moment. Is there a VAP product coming out any time soon?

Old 08-04-2024, 07:29 PM
Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

I deal with files world wide, I edit files all day for a living.

I’ve seen all the K309 updates.

When I tell you, the K309 update only affects the fuel on overrun delay, I’m not comparing it to how my ears and butt Dyno interpret leaving a dealer after an update..

I’m stating only facts that I see in the actual bin file pre vs post K309 updates. But, you are free to take the option of some UK guys.

FYI; Our file submission page allows for someone to request the bypass change to suit as desired preference.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 08-05-2024, 02:43 AM

I deal with files world wide, I edit files all day for a living.

I’ve seen all the K309 updates.

When I tell you, the K309 update only affects the fuel on overrun delay, I’m not comparing it to how my ears and butt Dyno interpret leaving a dealer after an update..

I’m stating only facts that I see in the actual bin file pre vs post K309 updates. But, you are free to take the option of some UK guys.

FYI; Our file submission page allows for someone to request the bypass change to suit as desired preference.
I am sorry for the confusion, the K309 code was my bad saying it affects valves as Stuart pointed out earlier, this happens with a different update.

Old 08-05-2024, 10:03 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Can you do this software exhaust modification in the 2023 F-pace SVR? Also Is it possible to get valves opened 100% only if you push exhaust or dyunamic button?

Old 08-05-2024, 10:18 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by spegor
Can you do this software exhaust modification in the 2023 F-pace SVR? Also Is it possible to get valves opened 100% only if you push exhaust or dyunamic button?
Yes, we have our own SVR and have modified the software so the valves are 100% open all the time when the exhaust button is pushed.

www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
J444G (08-05-2024)
Old 08-05-2024, 10:22 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Hi Stuart, can I interrupt for a moment. I have the VAP pulley and tune and the touring exhaust on my V6S. All was fantastic until I had Jag service it last year and they have murdered the engine note which is now whoofy in normal mode, like an old dog's fart. Dynamic is still fine but it is a bit over the top for normal driving. Jag say they didnt do anything but the tune and exhaust have been checked and they are working perfectly. I asked my performance mechanics if we could go back on the ECU and they thought you could end up with a major disaster if we tried. Is there anything that can be done from your end?

Also I am at the pointy end of deciding whether to go ahead with a CAI. After reading the many, many posts on it, I am inclined to go with the carbon upper pipes which means Paramount at the moment. Is there a VAP product coming out any time soon?
If you have our touring exhaust, then you have no valves at all, because our touring system deletes them. I suspect that you mean that you have our valved exhausts? It's not possible for JLR to change the tone of the exhaust with software, unless they had altered some valve mapping but as Chris has stated we have not seen this done before. If you're hearing sound differences, and your technician has verified that the exhaust valves are still working correctly, you might want to ensure that your cats haven't failed/blocked?

If your tune is still on the car, it's also not possible that they updated the ECU.

www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (08-05-2024)
Old 08-05-2024, 10:47 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, we have our own SVR and have modified the software so the valves are 100% open all the time when the exhaust button is pushed.
Thank you Stuart. Only one question about. In confort mode, without any software modification, (meaning exhaust or dynamic button disabled), if you pass 4000 rpm exhaust valves should open 100%, am I right?

Last edited by spegor; 08-05-2024 at 10:48 AM.