F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Verified Discount for JCNA Members Verified

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Exclamation Verified Discount for JCNA Members Verified

I had a phone call from George Camp VP of Jaguar Clubs of North America this afternoon. He was calling to tell me JCNA has now received the Jaguar Sales Bulletin with all the pertinent info for the F-Type discount.

I have also verified this info with the General Manager of my local JLR dealership.

The discount is $2500.00 on ALL F-Type models. The discount was effective July 1 and will continue until March 31 2015. I have learned that dealers are not required to participate in the program. This may account for some of the problems a few have mentioned in the other thread.

This is where complete info can be found- Operations bulletin JSOB14-81.
Your Jag dealer had access to this Sales Bulletin and will be able to have all the info they need to assist members of JCNA in securing this discount.

I am pasteing below the post by George Camp on the JCNA website.

I appreciate JCNA and JLR working together to provide this benefit to JCNA members.

2014-07-15 16:46:32
New JCNA/Jaguar sales program/discount
George Camp
Jaguar Society of South Carolina *

forum user since 2002-11-24

Jaguar Society of South Carolina *

forum user since 2002-11-24
ban user

There was a thread on this the other day and at that time JCNA had not been advised on a new sales program and especially not on the F_TYPE Coupe. I have in my hands the latest Jaguar Operations bulletin JSOB14-81. This number should be available to every retail operation in the USA. To our friends in Canada and Mexico I am sorry but I did ask--at this time this is just the US. JSOB14-81 became effective yesterday and runs through 3-31-2015. Please note: ALL PREVIOUS JCNA sales are finished and considered null and void. Dealers (retail stores) will only be able to participate with you using this bulletin. Any other arrangements are up to your fine car trading skills!
So JSOB14-81 provides a $1500.00 discount to JCNA members on ALL XF models. It provides a $2500.00 discount to ALL XJ,XK,and F-TYPE models--that would include the coupe--so that question is answered in the positive--thank you Jaguar NA. Your regional directors have a copy of the actual bulletin and Jaguar has committed to provide JCNA copies of any future sales bulletins that effect JCNA members--thanks again Jaguar!
Folks please understand that there are only 3 organizations included in this offer so we need to say thanks--drop them a note or line even an e mail. This current program is to run exactly as it has. Your membership number gets the dealer a PIN# which authorizes the discount. So sorry we are 24 hours late but that is better than the last time and if all works out as planned we will know in advance of any future offerings.

JCRC SE
JCNA VP

* Note: the club listed under a poster's name is optionally set by the user in his/her registration profile; it is not a confirmation of club membership.

The following 5 users liked this post by PD2911:
buickfunnycar.com (07-15-2014), Dremorg (07-15-2014), jleuz1 (07-15-2014), LynxFX (07-15-2014), swajames (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

No, I still don't believe it.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by rkrenek
No, I still don't believe it.
LOL Seriously?

Old 07-15-2014, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by PD2911
LOL Seriously?
I was being sarcastic.

I posted in the other related thread a few days ago regarding purchasing a car this past saturday where the $2,500 JCNA discount was received.

How much more proof is needed?

Old 07-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Is there any reason other than laziness that a dealer wouldn't want to participate? It costs them nothing (other than potential sales) right?

The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Thanks PD2911 - we all knew this was the case, but it proved a lot harder than it should to verify...! Good work, and kudos to you and your contacts at Jaguar Club for coming up with the goods.

It it is little unfortunate, though, that it proved so difficult for so many customers to get to the bottom of this. If you compare and contrast with say the BMW program where it's crystal clear what rebate you get for each model, this one is most certainly kept under wraps in comparison... You'd have thought that JLRNA and their dealers would be all over this and that it was in their best interests to be pushing it at every possible opportunity - Jaguar isn't exactly mirroring the Range Rover side of the house where the cars are flying off the lot and sales are up. Incentives like this are clearly needed. One thing that's better about the Jag program, though, is that it is a point of sale rebate. With the BMW scheme you have to claim post purchase and the BMW Car Club of America (who administer the scheme on behalf of BMWNA) actually send you a check. I do prefer the Jaguar scheme in that regard.

PD2911 (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
Is there any reason other than laziness that a dealer wouldn't want to participate? It costs them nothing (other than potential sales) right?
You would think that right? I think they automatically think they'll be losing something. When I initially addressed my salesman about the discount, the first thing he said to me was "no way will anyone get a discount on the R coupe". He was very adamant about it too. I bought my iPad in to show him our discussion on the forum about it. He finally said I'll check it out Monday. Well already he has called me for the JCNA INFO at least three times since then trying to extend the same discount to other potential customers. Smh. It's rare that these salespeople know more than we do.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:22 PM

You go girl! Lol

PD2911 (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by rkrenek
I was being sarcastic.

I posted in the other related thread a few days ago regarding purchasing a car this past saturday where the $2,500 JCNA discount was received.

How much more proof is needed?
Yes, I thought so.

I know you posted about your discount. The reason for my quest and this thread is the other thread had conflicting end dates. One poster said 3-31-15 another had a PIN Form reading 9-30-14. So to clear the confusion and obtain completely accurate info I did a little work and posted my findings in a new uncluttered thread.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
You go girl! Lol
LOL - come mid November I plan to be going in my F-Tyoe S Coupe MAN!

Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
You would think that right? I think they automatically think they'll be losing something. When I initially addressed my salesman about the discount, the first thing he said to me was "no way will anyone get a discount on the R coupe". He was very adamant about it too. I bought my iPad in to show him our discussion on the forum about it. He finally said I'll check it out Monday. Well already he has called me for the JCNA INFO at least three times since then trying to extend the same discount to other potential customers. Smh. It's rare that these salespeople know more than we do.

I haven't found one yet that did. In all my years of car buying and I've purchased all but 2 of the luxury brands I knew twice what the salesperson did.
SMH

Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Old 07-15-2014, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by swajames
Thanks PD2911 - we all knew this was the case, but it proved a lot harder than it should to verify...! Good work, and kudos to you and your contacts at Jaguar Club for coming up with the goods.

It it is little unfortunate, though, that it proved so difficult for so many customers to get to the bottom of this. If you compare and contrast with say the BMW program where it's crystal clear what rebate you get for each model, this one is most certainly kept under wraps in comparison... You'd have thought that JLRNA and their dealers would be all over this and that it was in their best interests to be pushing it at every possible opportunity - Jaguar isn't exactly mirroring the Range Rover side of the house where the cars are flying off the lot and sales are up. Incentives like this are clearly needed. One thing that's better about the Jag program, though, is that it is a point of sale rebate. With the BMW scheme you have to claim post purchase and the BMW Car Club of America (who administer the scheme on behalf of BMWNA) actually send you a check. I do prefer the Jaguar scheme in that regard.
Thx for the kind words. Yes, this was just way more difficult than it should be for some of our members. My GM is fairly new to Jag. He had not heard of JCNA or the discount. He asked me to send him the info. I did, he called Retail Ops and emailed me that he verified everything and I'm good to go. That's what a good salesperson does!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:03 PM

Yes, I thought so.

I know you posted about your discount. The reason for my quest and this thread is the other thread had conflicting end dates. One poster said 3-31-15 another had a PIN Form reading 9-30-14. So to clear the confusion and obtain completely accurate info I did a little work and posted my findings in a new uncluttered thread.
I hear you. It's good to have everything documented in one place. Thanks for posting it up.

PD2911 (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

[/SIZE][/B]

I haven't found one yet that did. In all my years of car buying and I've purchased all but 2 of the luxury brands I knew twice what the salesperson did.
SMH
I usually will play ignorant when first talking with a salesman just to see how upfront they are with me and if they try to spew BS about the car. Most will BS me. The few that don't are the ones I'll remember and try to go back to.

PD2911 (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

I usually will play ignorant when first talking with a salesman just to see how upfront they are with me and if they try to spew BS about the car. Most will BS me. The few that don't are the ones I'll remember and try to go back to...
Having been in this business for 20+ years,if I had knowledge to information like this that could benefit the client,you better believe that I would share it with them because after all...I was in a commissioned business of selling cars so why wouldn't I want to sell as many as I could...?

Old 07-15-2014, 10:00 PM

@buick - exactly! I am dealing with the GM on my deal. The salespersons whose name is on the deal is a nice guy. I purchased my 2nd XJL from him, but that car was on the lot.
He is just way too laid back for my Tyoe A, **** about details personality. ☺️
He just doesn't get in there and push to get info and his communication skills are really lacking. He is much better suited for a person who is buying off the lot.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

rebate attained

Old 07-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

The reason dealers don't pay a lot of attention to this is that so few JCNA members but new cars. I would be curious as to how many people used the program last quarter.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
The reason dealers don't pay a lot of attention to this is that so few JCNA members but new cars. I would be curious as to how many people used the program last quarter.
Somewhat flawed logic... A ton of people here were not JCNA members before buying their F Type. The incentive isn't necessarily aimed solely at current owners - it's at least as much an incentive that is/could be/should be targeted to non-owners. It's more palatable for manufacturers to package marketing dollars as "club rebates" rather than just throw trunk money at deals.

Quick Reply: Verified Discount for JCNA Members Verified